• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fictional characters MBTI type

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Think of it this way: how much introspection does House do? Answer: almost none. His energy is always directed outward, even if it's usually disdainful energy.

IVY agrees with me?
Actually I guess it's not that shocking... you just never (rarely) post in the MBTI sections as far as I'm aware.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't really pay attention to where I'm posting except to move threads and stuff. And to make sure I'm not fluffering up a serious post with banter.

I've been maintaining that House is an ENTP for ages. MacGuffin was the one who convinced me originally.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah I mentioned that, but Mondo and I didn't want to root around to find it. Thanks I knew if I fought it out here long enough you'd do it :)

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't really pay attention to where I'm posting except to move threads and stuff. And to make sure I'm not fluffering up a serious post with banter.

I've been maintaining that House is an ENTP for ages. MacGuffin was the one who convinced me originally.

To be honest, why would you, who has experience with MacGuffin's posts, take anything he says seriously?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
To be honest, why would you, who has experience with MacGuffin's posts, take anything he says seriously?

What are you a J?

MacGuffin jokes a lot, but he's actually smart. Imagine that... an intelligent person who's also occasionally goofy. Wait... isn't house like that? People in the hospital take him seriously.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Go ride your unicorn LB.Er... OK INTPs aren't that dominant. Then why are you posting?

No, you just don't understand it. Why not? It works. Uh.... what?

I repeat my question. Why are you posting?

Yeah, I think I understand it better than you: the infighting is obviously an excuse-for-a-story, just one of the things that prevents this show from dissapearing right now, because it gives people a sense of a long-term plot. Just because a show casts a stupid jerk as the main character and them makes him right most of the time doesn't prove anything. Another thing I aboslutely hate about that show is the blame-the-victimism that develops as House verbally abuses each of his patients, and always has them ending up having some dirty secret. I think it's a lot of stupid things there- elistism, freudian thought as a self-fulfilling prophecy.. And if House were a real person he'd probably ruin a lot of lives.
I really wonder what you think the types look like if you are so sure that House is an ENTP.
Back to house. I suspect that it will be off the air within six months. There are more interesting shows in the same vien, and unless the directors/writers wildly reinvent house, people will get bored with him.

redacted

What are you a J?

MacGuffin jokes a lot, but he's actually smart. Imagine that... an intelligent person who's also occasionally goofy. Wait... isn't house like that? People in the hospital take him seriously.

he's not a J. it's just his Fi taking hold. i feel like gabe only posts when his values are in jeopardy.

Yeah, I think I understand it better than you: the infighting is obviously an excuse-for-a-story, just one of the things that prevents this show from dissapearing right now, because it gives people a sense of a long-term plot. Just because a show casts a stupid jerk as the main character and them makes him right most of the time doesn't prove anything. Another thing I aboslutely hate about that show is the blame-the-victimism that develops as House verbally abuses each of his patients, and always has them ending up having some dirty secret. I think it's a lot of stupid things there- elistism, freudian thought as a self-fulfilling prophecy.. And if House were a real person he'd probably ruin a lot of lives.
I really wonder what you think the types look like if you are so sure that House is an ENTP.
Back to house. I suspect that it will be off the air within six months. There are more interesting shows in the same vien, and unless the directors/writers wildly reinvent house, people will get bored with him.

people love house, dude. honestly, you're the only person i've ever come across that dislikes the character. it's really the point of the whole show.

and it's not like they make house out to be some god or something. he's a lonely miserable addict, for christ's sake. his unhappiness is all too apparent.

anyways, he's definitely an ENTP. he comes up with wacky ass possibilities all the time, and he's OBSESSED with creating his own logical frameworks for things. his tertiary Fe directs some of his attention towards people, whom he tries to get a complete Ti picture of.

by the way, i don't think the show is very well written or anything. it's not. it's actually kind of terrible. so "the infighting is obviously an excuse-for-a-story". i agree.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah, House is definitely not the Ni type. I would guess ENTP as well.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
[insult deleted]

I've proven time and again I know MBTI better than you inside and out. You can leave your narrow minded opinions out of this, unless you want my verbiage as well.

ENTP fits. NTJ does not. Neither E nor I.

So it doesn't have good plot. The show is not a medical show. It just isn't. It's about people's interactions. As far as blaming the victim... most people are guilty of something, and almost invariably, anything bad that happens to them can be traced back to something they did. Perhaps not as immediately and directly as depicted on this show, but they're conveying a message to be extrapolated.

I'd really like to hear now, where you get this bull about elitism. Most of the other stuff... yeah I can kind of see it, but I can also kind of not. Show me the elitism.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
he's not a J. it's just his Fi taking hold. i feel like gabe only posts when his values are in jeopardy.
The fact that he'd ignore MacGuffin entirely, even in his serious posts simply because of the silliness he often brings is indicative of extraverted judgement. Fi would compromise or at least reconsider.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

Because he's an intelligent guy with good ideas. I've met him IRL by the way.

redacted

The fact that he'd ignore MacGuffin entirely, even in his serious posts simply because of the silliness he often brings is indicative of extraverted judgement. Fi would compromise or at least reconsider.

true. very Si-ish.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
*cough* Since neither MacGuffin nor Gabe is a fictional character to the best of my knowledge, let's wrap up that part of the conversation and get back to insulting pretend people.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
;) House is an extrovert- the bouncing ideas off of others- even random passengers in the airplane in order to think- that's something I've never seen an introvert do :)

(and it's the reason I keep some people on speed dial :dry:)

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I thought Mac was, but you say you've met him, so unless you are too (highly possible) I see no need to stop.

But also, is Si-ish an insult?

I sometimes use it.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Probably not, but I'm not really willing to get into a shades-of-grey side discussion about what is or isn't an insult- this isn't what the thread is about, so it's a derailment and we need to get back on track. *pumps arms to and fro in a Matt Foley-ish fashion*

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Forgive my irony:

God of the Israelites: ENTP
Jesus Christ: INFJ
Lucifer: INFP

"Free Will" is certainly borne from the mind of a P.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Care to go on Mr. Night?

About the free will part. Everything else is appropriate.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Probably not, but I'm not really willing to get into a shades-of-grey side discussion about what is or isn't an insult- this isn't what the thread is about, so it's a derailment and we need to get back on track. *pumps arms to and fro in a Matt Foley-ish fashion*

I wasn't actually asking I was making a point. Either way, you're right it is a derailment.