User Tag List

First 123412 Last

heart on fire

Horatio Hornblower Characters (from the books)

Hornblower INTJ

Maria --his first wife ISFJ (unhappy marriage)
    Barbara -- his second wife ESTJ (happy marriage)
    Marie -- his lover INFP
    Bush -- ISTP

MBTI
    INFJ

I may need a little help with these;

Stargate Sg-1:

Dr. Daniel Jackson - ENFJ
    Lt. Col. Samantha Carter - INTP
    Maj. Gen. Jack O'Neill - INTJ
    Teal'c - INFP
    Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell - ISTJ
    Introverted (I) 53.57% Extroverted (E) 46.43%
    Intuitive (N) 54.55% Sensing (S) 45.45%
    Feeling (F) 65.63% Thinking (T) 34.38%
    Judging (J) 63.64% Perceiving (P) 36.36%

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

--Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    Northern exposure
    I've only seen the first season, but I don't know why you would think Marilyn is an N, or why Chris Stevens isn't an NF. He's one of the most NF characters in fiction from what I've seen. Which, as I said, is only the first season.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Is anyone else a fan of Northern Exposure? Here's a rundown of the main characters, their eccentricities and possible types.

Dr. Joel Fleischman. Owes the state of Alaska five years of service for putting him through med school. New York Jewish guy through and through. Plays golf in the wilds of Alaska, but can't wait to get back to NYC. Type - INTJ

Maggie O'Connell. Female bush pilot. Has a love/hate relationship with Dr. Fleischman, friendly to everyone else. Raised in Gros Pointe Michigan. All her serious boyfriends end up dying in strange ways, eg, one was killed when a satellite fell on him. Type - ESFP

Chris Stevens. Ex-con disc jockey and mail-order minister. Quotes Jung, Whitman, Thoreau, Kierkegaard, Kant, etc. Rides a motorcycle, lives in a mobile home. Babe magnet. Friendly. Renegade who still lives on the edge of the law and respectibility. Type - ENTP

Maurice Minnifield. Former astronaut and ex-Marine. Wealthy Republican who owns the radio station and most of the property in town. Gourmet, likes show tunes, grows orchids, collects antiques. Homophobic & racist. Served in Korea where he fathered a biracial son whom he accepts. Type - ESTJ

Holling Vancouer. Ex-trapper who runs The Brick, the only saloon/ restaurant in town. De facto mayor. Friendly. Married to Shelly Tambo. Type - ESTP

Shelly Tambo. Former beauty queen. Married to Holling, who wooed her away from Maurice. Madly in love with Holling, although she's 40 years younger than he is. Energetic, friendly. Type - ESFP

Ruth Ann Miller. Widow. Runs the general store. Intelligent, opinionated and doesn't take any guff from anyone. Type - INTJ?

Marilyn Whirlwind. Dr. F's receptionist. Intuitive Native American woman who barely speaks and communicates with subtle facial expressions. Type - INFP

Ed Chigliak. Young Native American. Filmmaker. Works for Ruth Ann. Shaman-in-training. Friendly. Type - ENFP

Feel free to add...

What a marvelous series. Archetypes, Jung, symbolism, amazing scenery. David Chase directed the later episodes.

Jae Rae
    Joel and Maggie, check and check

Maurice and Holling, check and check

Shelly and Ed, check and check

BUT

I would say Chris Stevens is an INFP

and Marilyn is an ISFP

and Ruth Ann is too social to be an introvert, maybe ENxJ?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ

Marilyn is Intuitive. That's made clear throughout the series.

I'm not sure about Chris being an I. I was going by his excellent and friendly relationships with everyone in town, even Maurice whom most people can't stand. Also he's a renegade and irreverent, which I see as classic ENTP. But I agree he could be F. The ENFP I know is a bookseller who used to be a monk and he can't stay mad at anyone.

Ruth Ann was my big question mark. She could be J, but I don't see her as strong a personality as ENTJ. Even though she runs a store, she's quite independent and likes solitary activities like birdwatching and reading, so I pegged her as an I. She's not as critical as Dr. F or Maurice, so now I'm thinking more of her as an INTP, still can be tough when you cross her.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Marilyn is Intuitive. That's made clear throughout the series.

I'm not sure about Chris being an I. I was going by his excellent and friendly relationships with everyone in town, even Maurice whom most people can't stand. Also he's a renegade and irreverent, which I see as classic ENTP. But I agree he could be F. The ENFP I know is a bookseller who used to be a monk and he can't stay mad at anyone.
    I guess I could see Chris as ENFP, but lean towards INFP. Some INF's can be *incredibly* chatty and comfortable around those they know, and in a small-town setting, you would know everyone. Also, Chris is perfectly fine being by himself all day long, spinning tunes, reading, and quoting from books. And plenty of NF's can be on the 'edge' of society.

I don't agree that Marilyn is intuitive. She comes across as rather new-agey and mystical, which gives her more of a mysterious/intuitive air, but compare her with Chris and they're worlds apart. I guess I see her as more of the artistic ISFP -- an extremely introverted one though. She seemed extremely observant, as far as paying attention to details of everyone/everything around her - and pointing them out to Fleischman often, if I recall correctly.

I don't have any opinions on Ruth Ann. She does have a rather harsh edge to her though - rather brusk/curt responses.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ

I don't know many INFPs, but the one I know can be chatty and seems quite outgoing. She acknowledges this is from growing up in a family which valued Es. Chris also leans to the SP side - he's an artist and rides a hog. So he could be one of those characters with many sides.

Marilyn is Introverted, that's for sure. [smile.] I don't see her as New Age-y or even mystical - she doesn't have visions or wayout dreams like many other characters - but she does know people and has intuitions about them all the time. Nothing in human behavior surprises her. She also has deep connections to animals, like her ostriches. To me, that says intuitive.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I hear what you're saying. (and by the way, I don't have a hugely strong opinion on her, she just doesn't strike me as NF) -- oh and by 'new agey', I think I mean more that she seemed really 'out there' - but granted, this is just how *I* perceived her. :-)

But here are a few blurbs on ISFP:

ISFPs are less fantasy-oriented than INFPs. These types are often confused, however, INFPs lean strongly to daydreams, poetry, prose and more philosophical pursuits; ISFPs often live out 'id' experiences rather than writing or even talking about them.
    -----------------------------
    ISFPs live in the world of sensation possibilities. They are keenly in tune with the way things look, taste, sound, feel and smell. They have a strong aesthetic appreciation for art, and are likely to be artists in some form, because they are unusually gifted at creating and composing things which will strongly affect the senses. They have a strong set of values, which they strive to consistently meet in their lives. They need to feel as if they're living their lives in accordance with what they feel is right, and will rebel against anything which conflicts with that goal. They're likely to choose jobs and careers which allow them the freedom of working towards the realization of their value-oriented personal goals.

ISFPs tend to be quiet and reserved, and difficult to get to know well. They hold back their ideas and opinions except from those who they are closest to. They are likely to be kind, gentle and sensitive in their dealings with others. They are interested in contributing to people's sense of well-being and happiness, and will put a great deal of effort and energy into tasks which they believe in.

ISFPs have a strong affinity for aesthetics and beauty. They're likely to be animal lovers, and to have a true appreciation for the beauties of nature. They're original and independent, and need to have personal space. They value people who take the time to understand the ISFP, and who support the ISFP in pursuing their goals in their own, unique way. People who don't know them well may see their unique way of life as a sign of carefree light-heartedness, but the ISFP actually takes life very seriously, constantly gathering specific information and shifting it through their value systems, in search for clarification and underlying meaning.

ISFPs are extremely perceptive and aware of others. They constantly gather specific information about people, and seek to discover what it means. They are usually penetratingly accurate in their perceptions of others.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ

Default What?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    What about these lovely ladies? I say INFJ for both:

From a Socioncs and VI perspective, I hope no one thinks I look ANYTHING like this!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Horatio Hornblower Characters (from the books)

Hornblower INTJ

Maria --his first wife ISFJ (unhappy marriage)
    Barbara -- his second wife ESTJ (happy marriage)
    Marie -- his lover INFP
    Bush -- ISTP
    Nice that you brought this up. I think I agree with you. But I really think that Hornblower is hard to type because of all his weirdness

Ofcouse, he's a great strategist and planner, but he is also very action-oriented.
    And his introversion might be misleading, because he just thinks that is not appropriate for the commander to speak with people of lower standing. And it almost kills him with loneliness. Is he REALLY an introvert? o.O I think that is hard to say.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come