• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fictional characters MBTI type

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, House just loves people. You can tell he's a total social bird;)

Otherwise, I agree with the person that says you hit the head on the proverbial nail. I think House is an I with E getting more and more developed.

i think he is a social bird though... just a very disgruntled, generally misanthropic bird.

house is always looking outward, at people and at the connections (Ne) that link the way to diagnosis. people say he's very withdrawn - but when he withdraws, he's always distracting himself, with little logic or skill games (so NT). that's not really introversion, it's just... well, distracting yourself. and when he surrounds himself with his team and leads them in differential diagnosis, that seems very much like dominant Ne, with him using secondary Ti to judge the merits of the alternatives raised by Ne.

it also doesn't seem to take much effort on his part to lead or talk with others, even though what typically comes out is not at the heights of friendliness or tact. i suppose he could be an intp, but i don't think he would be in charge of a team if he were, or so overwhelmingly dominant in his relationship with wilson, who is a J.

and just reading intp vs entp... entp just strikes me as so much more house.

Speed Gavroche said:
Gregory House: ENTP, Chaotic Neutral
Allison Cameron: ENFJ, Chaotic Good
Eric Foreman: ISTJ, Lawful Good
Robert Chase: ISTP; Neutral
Liza Cuddy: ESFJ, Lawful Neutral
James Wilson: INFJ, Neutral Good

i agree with all of these :yes:
cameron as chaotic good is fascinating to me, but then, i'm not really an expert on alignment. seems accurate!

Damir

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
The Breakfast Club[/U]
  • Claire Standish (The Princess): ESFJ
  • Andrew Clarke (The Athlete): ISFP
  • Brian Johnson (The Brain): INTP
  • John Bender (The Criminal): ESTP
  • Allison Reynolds (The Basket Case): INFP
  • Principal Richard "Dick" Vernon: ESTJ\

• just watched breakfast club and it is awesome im estp i finaly got to feel something :D ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Has anyone ever seen a PBS miniseries called Flambards? It didn't get repeated like some of the others (at least not in my area). I'd be curious as to what types people think those characters are.

KDude

How about the made for tv movie(s): The Librarian? I'm not sure if Noah Wyle's character is INFP or a perky INTP.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Anyone watch that show King of Queens? I used to. I think:

Carrie: ESTJ
Doug: iSFP
Arthur: ?
Deacon: ?
Holly

Is anyone else on that show? I don't remember

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Death Note:
Light: INTJ, the archtypical INTJ. extremely intelligent, suave, cordial, goal oriented and able to grasp ridiculous amounts of information in seconds.
L: INTP, he seems like INTJ at first glance, but his thinking is introverted and his manerisms and habits are accentric as hell which kinda seems like an NP thing (I know I related to it at least). he also comes to conclusive decisions very slowly and approaches the situation in a very Ne sort of way. he processes information more slowly than Light, but he takes his time and calmly figures out what to do in various scenarios. you only see him in the show at his decisive moments, but in reality, he needs more time to contemplate than we see (he is up against an INTJ after all)
Near: INTP; pretty much like L, but less so.
Mello: ENFJ; intelligent and a good planner, but irrational as hell
Mr. Yagami: ISTJ; too SJ to function, couldn't even break the rules to save his own life
Misa: ESFP or ENFJ; really loud and annoying
Ms. Takeda: INFP or INFJ
Mikami: INFP
Matsuda: ENFP

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
There's nothing "P" about Near whatsoever, and he's a 5w6 to boot.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Inglorious Basterds: Lt Aldo: ESTP, Shoshanna (the Jewish Chick): INTJ, Hans Landa: ENTJ (sadistic and friendly at the same time with a great sense of humor, an archtypical ENTJ characteristic), Joseph Goebells: ENTP, Bridgett van H.: INTJ?, Hugo Stigletz: ISTP, the Bear Jew: ENFJ, german soldier (the one in "Nation's Pride"):ESFJ

Hans Landa is almost certainly an ENTP rather than ENTJ. He operates best on the spur of the moment, quickly comprehending the fall of the NAZI Party and negotiating their betrayal for his survival. While NTJs are often villains, they are nevertheless highly principled within their own set of morals (Ni), hence why they are often Machiavellian rather than fully Psychopathic (perfect example is the differences between Magneto and Joker, one following a destructive execution of his own convictions concerning man and mutant, the other amorally creating chaos). Think Lawful-Evil as opposed to Chaotic-Evil. The genius of Landa is one that truly shows in such times of Chaos (Neutral-Evil leaning towards Chaotic). On a side note, would an ENTJ take such pride in being able to 'think like the rat'? Landa is so unprincipled that within the NAZI society, he even admires the tenacity of the Jews he hunts, callously killing them without even holding the warped convictions of an anti-Semite. In the same way, it is the ENTP lawyer who will use all available loopholes in a law to get his (guilty) client off the hook.

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Hans Landa is almost certainly an ENTP rather than ENTJ. He operates best on the spur of the moment, quickly comprehending the fall of the NAZI Party and negotiating their betrayal for his survival. While NTJs are often villains, they are nevertheless highly principled within their own set of morals (Ni), hence why they are often Machiavellian rather than fully Psychopathic (perfect example is the differences between Magneto and Joker, one following a destructive execution of his own convictions concerning man and mutant, the other amorally creating chaos). Think Lawful-Evil as opposed to Chaotic-Evil. The genius of Landa is one that truly shows in such times of Chaos (Neutral-Evil leaning towards Chaotic). On a side note, would an ENTJ take such pride in being able to 'think like the rat'? Landa is so unprincipled that within the NAZI society, he even admires the tenacity of the Jews he hunts, callously killing them without even holding the warped convictions of an anti-Semite. In the same way, it is the ENTP lawyer who will use all available loopholes in a law to get his (guilty) client off the hook.

Agreed. ENTP makes more sense for Landa. He posesses a disarming Fe function that imbues him with significant charm (and it explains why he enjoys toying with people so much) I imagine an NTJ villain would have told LaPadite "I know the jews are underneath the floorboards. You either go along with this or I'll fucking kill you"

NTJ villains do seem to have certain principles (even if they're odd principles). Even Hannibal Lecter won't tolerate impoliteness.

Within

Permabanned
I didn't realize that Near was the fictional personification of me, how 'bout that.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I didn't realize that Near was the fictional personification of me, how 'bout that.

Near does seem more J. Nothing inquisitive about him, a total robot (no offense INTJs, I know you'r not all like that!) and I'd type him as INTJ. He's boring as shit, though. I really hate him because he's just a copy of L with a different hobby and minus the interesting quirks and slightly more stoic and orderly. I really wish that they had put more thought into his character.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
They should have ended the series after L's death and Light's triumph.

I reckon the series should have ended with L's death and his plan going into action just in time. I feel this would be a very satisfying ending because a) It would make a good dramatic ending as he sacrifices himself for a cause and b) Light is an arrogant psychopathic bastard and deserved to be caught and/or killed.

KDude

The live action movie(s) has a cool take and combines L with Near's success (the actor who plays L is just like him too). It's not bad, besides the cheap CGI Ryuk.

Nicodemus

I reckon the series should have ended with L's death and his plan going into action just in time. I feel this would be a very satisfying ending because a) It would make a good dramatic ending as he sacrifices himself for a cause and b) Light is an arrogant psychopathic bastard and deserved to be caught and/or killed.
I want neither L to sacrifice himself nor Light to lose. As for b): Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
I want neither L to sacrifice himself nor Light to lose. As for b): Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Well if I could I would at least send him to jail. I wouldn't be against him recieving the death penalty. I'm sorry, but I don't have sympathy for psychopaths and I don't see why I should. Besides, he's a fictional character. It doesn't really make a difference what my opinion is.