• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Music Stereotypes

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTJ : Manager, music executive
ISTJ : Jazz, tour accountant
ESFJ : Soft rock, christian rock, R&B
ISFJ : Singer-songwriter, soft rock
ESTP : Rockstar, gangster rapper, DJ
ISTP : Math rock, punk, jazz, metalhead
ESFP : Dance-pop, rockstar, raver, DJ
ISFP : Singer-songerwriter, folk, indie, hippie
ENTJ : CEO, prog rock
INTJ : Classical, minimal techno, kraut rock
ENTP : Experimental, drum n bass, prog rock
INTP : Experimental, Electronica/IDM, indie, prog rock
ENFJ : U2 style rock, arena rock, R&B, promoter
INFJ : Singer-songwriter, indie
ENFP : Disney pop, indie, psychedelic, raver
INFP : Emo rock, singer-songwriter, folk, indie, goth

KDude

I guess indie makes some sense (such a loaded term tho). I think ISFPs and ENTPs kinda see a lot of new things maybe, and might be the people who suggest odd shit more than most.. except the ISFP's suggestion somehow blows up into the big indie band, while ENTP's suggestion remains experimental and unappreciated. Like the ISFP still cares what has pop sense, but some new directions at the same time.

Just stereotypes, of couse :cool:

Kurt.Is.God

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4W5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFPs...
Disney pop...
That hurt.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SJ: Elevator music

INFJ: I heard my boss listening to Alvin & The Chipmunks, when he THOUGHT no one was in the office to hear him. :devil: Fortunately this was in March, so I left him an anonymous voicemail of the Chipmunks' Macarena song for April Fools Day. Needless to say, he discovered headphones.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Devo is the ultimate INTP band, they have this weird zany intellectual robotic yet childlike vibe to them.

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I think Devo is the ultimate INTP band, they have this weird zany intellectual robotic yet childlike vibe to them.

And Kraftwerk would probably be the ultimate INTJ band, right?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
ESFJ : Soft rock, christian rock, R&B

Christian rock wtf?? :cry:

My taste in music is very varied. I like pop, rock, a little R&B, classical, alternative, grunge, and the rest of it.

I just need to have the patience to listen to a song all the way through without flicking to the next one :blush:

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
People never run out of things to try to correlate to MBTI!

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
INTP : Experimental, Electronica/IDM, indie, prog rock

Well, I don't know about the electronica and indie part. But it could just be me. Experimental and prog is right on, though.

Also, I adore classical music. Especially for the piano (naturally, since I play). But then again, I mostly listen to 'newer' classical - not so rigid in structure (like Chopin's etudes and sonatas, Debussy, Wagner etc).

Last edited:

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
What is math rock? Rock about math? Is it about primes? Because if it's about primes (or possibly geometry), I might listen to it.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MBTI Music Stereotypes

xSTJ: heavy metal, military music
xSFJ: classic rock, country music

xSTP: punk rock, garage rock, gangsta rap, ragga dancehall
xSFP: roots reggae, soul/funk, disco, R&B

ENFJ: new age music, Earth, Wind & Fire
INTP: boring music, nerdy music, math rock, Radiohead
ESFP: fantastic music, cool music, sensitive music, funny music, eccentric music, Kool & The Gang, ABBA, Blondie, Lady Gaga
ISTP: decadent music, obnoxious music, fun music, noisy music,drugged music, delirious music, dark music, Beastie Boys, Velvet Underground, Alice In Chains
ESTP: powerfull music, popstar music, rockkstar music, hedonistic music, maverick music, rebelious music, fantastic music, eccentric music commercial music, Madonna, Billy Idol, Gun'N Roses, AC/DC

Chart-The-Course: drummer, guitarist, bassist
In-Charge: lead singer, manager
Behind-the-Scene: drummer, songwriter, composer
Getting-Things-Going: singer, dancer

Actually, the CTC roles are the ones realte the least with.:doh:

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFP: A solo dark ambient project.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
thanks for giving me punk SG :wubbie:

I was quite offended to see that it went to the ISTPs in the OP when there's NO better music to yell along obnoxiously with while driving (or cleaning house... whatever :ninja:)

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What is math rock? Rock about math? Is it about primes? Because if it's about primes (or possibly geometry), I might listen to it.
Math rock is probably that kind of rock which focuses more on the interesting ways a song can be structured mathematically (rare time-signatures, rare beat patterns, rare chord structures), reveling in the technicality while not being so concerned with aesthetics and how it "feels, emotionally." Sounds like a sub-set of prog rock to me.