User Tag List

First 45678 Last

I'm listening to Bach, right now. But it's...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    INFJ : Singer-songwriter, indie
    Not for me...most of what I listen to is extreme metal (death, black, and doom especially), along with some classical and dark ambient. Nothing you would ever hear on the radio or tv.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram

I am not sure about these stereotypes but as an ISFJ I am drawn to Gothic and Punk music because it reminds me of my inner anguish and hatred towards this world.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by scriabin221 View Post
    I agree on the Bach. I'm very into Bach. The keyboard music, especially. It's some of the most complex, interesting, and aesthetically appealing music there is. I would further say that Anything performed by Glenn Gould is very INTJ. It's idiosyncratic, intelligent, very clearly played. I would say that most modernist art music would be very interesting to an INTJ. Such Schoenberg. It's dark, but not overly emotional, it's put together in an interesting systematic way.
    How dare you imply that Bach is devoid of any emotion? Just listen to an Aria, to a Concerto or to a Passion!
    I'm also very fond of Bach music (quoting Gould is a cliché, by the way), I even play it sometimes... and just like @Jaguar said: it's NOT TYPE RELATED.

Music, like any acquired cultural taste, is SOCIALLY and CULTURALLY related (at last, statistically speaking: see the theory of cultural capital for further information).

It means for instance that anybody who listens mainstream pop or gothic is likely to belong to a popular/middle (white or asian) class. While Jazz and Baroque may rather indicate middle to high intellectual bourgeoisie. Et caetera...
    It has nothing to do with typing.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Infinite Bubble

I can see how Ne users might enjoy prog because of its changing nature that would satisfy the function, but I certainly wouldn't put any of this down to type. I listen to it (albeit, not too much), as an Ni user. I do like both classical and some techno though, although I don't think I've listened to Krautrock, so I cannot say. I mostly listen to a wide range of electronic music though. Another one is ISTJ for Jazz; I would classify it more as SP, especially its freer forms, and as improvisation is one of its key characteristics. As a dislaimer: no I don't think it's type related - there are probably vague patterns in there, always are, but I'm only suggesting for this threads purpose. Not to be taken too seriously.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    and just like Jaguar said: it's NOT TYPE RELATED.
    Very few things are ive realised.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Yeah.

I'm an NT, and I like "feely" folk music/alt-country. It makes me think of nature, streams, mountains, etc.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    xSTJ: heavy metal, military music
    This is pretty close, yeah. I do like some heavy metal, industrial to be more precise. I don't exactly like military music, but powerful rhythm is important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    SJ: Classic music
    No the classic classics, no. But I do enjoy trailer music and orchestral music.

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    ISTJ: Jazz, tour accountanty
    I like a song from every genre. Except Jazz. To this date, I have not yet heard a good Jazz song.

Now listening to Dubstep - Gangsta Rap - Roots Reggae mix... (Cypress Hill + Rusko + Dr. Bong) :p
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

Stansmith

Indie - ENFP, ISFP, INTJ, INFJ, INFP

Pop - ENFP, ESFP, ENFJ, ESFJ

Vintage 90s/80s rap - ENFP, ENTP, INFP, ISFP

Rap - Everyone except INFJs (they REALLY hate misogyny), INTJs, ISTJs, ESTJs and INTPs

Metal/weird white people sh-t - INTJ, ENTP, INTP, ESTP, ISTP

Techno/dance sh-t - ENFP, ESFP, and idk who else

Nothing - ISFP, ESFP and ISFJ; Ive actually met quite a few people of these types who claim they don't have any favorite artists. I think they're 9s usually.

Stansmith

I think ENFPs and some ISFPs have the most diverse taste. I can listen to Animal Collective, The Smiths and Neon Indian, and then listen to JT or Wayne without looking like a hipster snob.

I'd argue ENTP too, but they're less likely to be into mindless catchy pop music unless its Journey or something.