• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Travel Channel Host MBTI

Colombe Gris

MBTI Type
INTJ
For Samantha Brown, Anthony Bourdain, etc.

Samantha Brown: So ExFx it hurts me. Like unquestionable. I see ENFJ in her charm and curiosity about the places she visits in Passport to Europe, etc. But I wouldn't be surprised by ENFP, ESFJ, or ESFP (in that order of likelihood).

Anthony Bourdain: He's my favorite, but also rather hard to type (in my opinion). I want to say ESTP automatically, because he's seems so INTO experiences, food, drink, and the present moment (S-dom). But in many of his shows he's also withering sarcastic, utilizing abstract language and metaphors in his closing monologues, and talking about how he was a "freak" and an outcast as a teenager before he was able to share his interests with other chefs. Though, obviously, Sensors can be sarcastic and have rough adolescences, his demeanor has an ENTP ring to it. I don't think that's out of the question, considering that ENTPs can easily be mistyped as SPs.

Andrew Zimmern: Another really obvious ExFx. Gut feeling says ENFP. Very friendly and open-minded to trying new things.

Adam Richman: Show-boating TV host who always wants to be the life of the party? ESFP or ESTP. Bam.

Dhani (from Dhani Tackles the Globe): An SP of some sort.

Bridget-sexy-beach-girl: Stereotypical female ESFP.

Can't really remember any others off the top of my head. What do you guys think? :)

Super Nova

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w5
Andrew Zimmern: Another really obvious ExFx. Gut feeling says ENFP. Very friendly and open-minded to trying new things.

I would go along with ENFP. As you said, he is obviously, ExFx. The willingness to try new things suggests N. I'm guessing about P, but I think that's accurate. His is the only show I watch on The Travel Channel, so I can't comment on any of the other hosts.

Colombe Gris

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well considering we're talking about TV hosts that travel to different countries and do unusual/somewhat wacky behaviors, outgoing-ness (suggests E) and tolerance for spontaneity (suggests P) are all likely to be common threads. Wouldn't be surprised if all of the hosts were ExxP. Though as I said Samantha Brown is a probable ENFJ.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've actually read Anthony Bourdain's books... definitley more Se-Ti processing than Ne-Ti processing thought-wise... he's more focused on the present and the tangible- what is and what has been than what could be and what may be :)

just a thought there...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
:( I thought this was going to be about some special having to do with MBTI on the travel channel

Colombe Gris

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've actually read Anthony Bourdain's books... definitley more Se-Ti processing than Ne-Ti processing thought-wise... he's more focused on the present and the tangible- what is and what has been than what could be and what may be

I definitely see in terms of the functions that he could come out that way, and therefore (I think) get typed as ESTP. The only thing is that his personality over all doesn't match any of the real life ESTPs I know. He's so damn critical and snarky (in No Reservations) and reminds me of exactly of my jaded xNTP friend.

Havane

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Don't know about the others, but I think that Adam Richman is an ESTP with a well-developed Tertiary Fe. I would say that he's an ESFP because he comes across as a "feely" person, but I think he uses Fe more than Fi.