User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Travel Channel Host MBTI

For Samantha Brown, Anthony Bourdain, etc.

Samantha Brown: So ExFx it hurts me. Like unquestionable. I see ENFJ in her charm and curiosity about the places she visits in Passport to Europe, etc. But I wouldn't be surprised by ENFP, ESFJ, or ESFP (in that order of likelihood).

Anthony Bourdain: He's my favorite, but also rather hard to type (in my opinion). I want to say ESTP automatically, because he's seems so INTO experiences, food, drink, and the present moment (S-dom). But in many of his shows he's also withering sarcastic, utilizing abstract language and metaphors in his closing monologues, and talking about how he was a "freak" and an outcast as a teenager before he was able to share his interests with other chefs. Though, obviously, Sensors can be sarcastic and have rough adolescences, his demeanor has an ENTP ring to it. I don't think that's out of the question, considering that ENTPs can easily be mistyped as SPs.

Andrew Zimmern: Another really obvious ExFx. Gut feeling says ENFP. Very friendly and open-minded to trying new things.

Adam Richman: Show-boating TV host who always wants to be the life of the party? ESFP or ESTP. Bam.

Dhani (from Dhani Tackles the Globe): An SP of some sort.

Bridget-sexy-beach-girl: Stereotypical female ESFP.

Can't really remember any others off the top of my head. What do you guys think?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Colombe Gris View Post
    Andrew Zimmern: Another really obvious ExFx. Gut feeling says ENFP. Very friendly and open-minded to trying new things.
    I would go along with ENFP. As you said, he is obviously, ExFx. The willingness to try new things suggests N. I'm guessing about P, but I think that's accurate. His is the only show I watch on The Travel Channel, so I can't comment on any of the other hosts.
    “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people”--Will Rogers

Sniffles

Noticing an EP trend here.

MBTI
    INTJ

Well considering we're talking about TV hosts that travel to different countries and do unusual/somewhat wacky behaviors, outgoing-ness (suggests E) and tolerance for spontaneity (suggests P) are all likely to be common threads. Wouldn't be surprised if all of the hosts were ExxP. Though as I said Samantha Brown is a probable ENFJ.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've actually read Anthony Bourdain's books... definitley more Se-Ti processing than Ne-Ti processing thought-wise... he's more focused on the present and the tangible- what is and what has been than what could be and what may be

just a thought there...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

I thought this was going to be about some special having to do with MBTI on the travel channel
    Likes PocketFullOf liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

I've actually read Anthony Bourdain's books... definitley more Se-Ti processing than Ne-Ti processing thought-wise... he's more focused on the present and the tangible- what is and what has been than what could be and what may be
    I definitely see in terms of the functions that he could come out that way, and therefore (I think) get typed as ESTP. The only thing is that his personality over all doesn't match any of the real life ESTPs I know. He's so damn critical and snarky (in No Reservations) and reminds me of exactly of my jaded xNTP friend.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Don't know about the others, but I think that Adam Richman is an ESTP with a well-developed Tertiary Fe. I would say that he's an ESFP because he comes across as a "feely" person, but I think he uses Fe more than Fi.