• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Modern Family

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Claire Dunphy - ISTJ
Gloria Delgado Pritchett - ESFJ? ESTP? ESFP? She's an extrovert that's for sure.
Mitchell Pritchett - ISTJ
Cameron Tucker - ENFP
Jay Pritchett - xSTx
Phil Dunphy - ExFP
Haley Dunphy- ESFP or ESTP
no clue on Claire's boys
Manny - ExTx

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
I was thinking about doing them as a thread

Clarie-istj or intj
Gloria- definitely-esfp
Mitchell- intp
Manny- enfj or infj
Jay- istj or istp
Phil- enfj
Haley- esfp, i think
Cameron- enfp
Alex- intj
Luke-esfp

Havane

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Claire - ISTJ
Gloria - ESFj
Mitchell - ISTJ
Cameron - ENFP
Jay - IST?
Phil - EStP
Haley - ESFP
Alex - INT?
Manny - ENFJ
Luke - EnFP

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
claire: ISTJ
gloria: ESFj
mitchell: InTJ
cameron: ENFP
jay: ISTP
phil: EsFP
haley: ESFP
alex: INTj
manny: ENFJ
luke: ENXP

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
So few replies to a such a great show.

claire: ISTJ
gloria: ESFj
mitchell: InTJ
cameron: ENFP
jay: ISTP
phil: EsFP
haley: ESFP
alex: INTj
manny: ENFJ
luke: ENXP

Yes.

However, I think both Claire and Mitchell are STJs. Mitch a ISTJ and it is possible that Claire is a ESTJ. Also, I used to think both of them are e6s. Mitch a phobic 6 and Claire a cp 6 but maybe I got it wrong. Maybe Claire is a e1. I started seeing that after seeing [MENTION=20944]Nihilogen[/MENTION]'s thread.

Saw the highlighted from a mile away.

I have a hard time typing gloria. Luke hasn't grown up enough to be typed and Haley could be a ESTP. Also Phil I am not very sure.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
luke and manny going though puberty has made the show unwatchable.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
luke and manny going though puberty has made the show unwatchable.

I loathe everything about this show.

I am still in the first reason and I absolutely love it. You can sink into the show and that's one thing that all shows I like in have in common.

So don't ruin it for me you bastards :D.

Does it get bad? I must admit I find Manny's character unwatchable most times. I want to slap that kid.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
I started seeing that after seeing Nihilogen's thread.

Ooops sorry. It wasn't a thread by you I was referring to.

The anime avatar of the OP in this thread made me think it was you. I disagree with most of his typing though. It's kinda way off. However, in his defense most INTJs seem to suck at typing people. And don't even think of wasting your time trying to argue with them.

[MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] is an excellent exception. He is pretty fucking good actually.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] is an excellent exception. He is pretty fucking good actually.

Awww, thanks, Riva!

I should mention that it was an ENFP who taught me how to type people in real life, mostly by exposure to her observations over the course of several years. Yeah, INTJs aren't good at making these observations without having the key factors pointed out.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Awww, thanks, Riva!

I should mention that it was an ENFP who taught me how to type people in real life, mostly by exposure to her observations over the course of several years. Yeah, INTJs aren't good at making these observations without having the key factors pointed out.

Thank you for this.

Yeah enfps (nfps) are good at typing.

I would say nfps (or fps) are good at enneagram typing and TPs and infjs (Ti users) are good at mbti typing.

I think the logic behind this is Fi tries to grill down and understand the person whereas Ti+Fe tries to understand intentions behind actions.

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
Phil-ENFP
Claire-ESTJ
Hayley-ESFP
Luke-ESTP
Alex-ISTJ
Jay-ISTP
Gloria-ESFJ
Manny-ESFJ
Cameron-ENFP
Mitchell-ISTJ
Lilly-ESTP
Dillon-ISFP

Alex is definitely an ISTJ I don't know where all of you are getting N from.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Claire: ESTJ
Phil: ENFP
Hayley: ESFP
Alex: ISTJ
Luke: INTP
Gloria: ESFJ
Jay: ISTP
Manny: INFJ
Mitchell: ISTJ
Cam: ENFP(extreme F)
Lily: ENTP

Jayce

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7sx
I have been watching this lately, loving it to bits and pieces, and felt compelled to discuss it.

Claire: ESTJ
No doubt about it. I don't see ESFJ as she shows no signs of a dominant Fe and Phil is way more empathetic with his NeFe.
Phil: ENTP
I think he is a clear goofy, awkward, feeling ENTP in all ways apparent. The way he explains (and is an excellent teacher) things is mostly logic derived and the way he tries to Fe but does it in an awkwardly cute way screams a tertiary Fe. ENTP. Also his devotion to his wife, wow.
Hayley: ESTP
Dylan: ISFP
A really, really stupid and weird ISFP. :D
Alex: INTP or INFP
The know-it-all, misunderstood geek in a house of extroverts. Compentent, dislikes stupidity most of all. A healthy INTP. Or a more learning oriented INFP. My view is very different from the rest of the people here it seems. Why is Alex seen as an ISTJ, can someone elaborate on that?
Luke: ENTP
I'd put Luke in the same boat with his dad. He has the attention span of a goldfish and doesn't care to define things or particularities the way her sister, Alex does. He's also borderline immoral in getting his ways, suggesting NeTi. This as opposed to his sound of morality, Manny, a FiNe.
Gloria: ESFJ
No questions asked. The perfect mother-type.
Jay: ISTP
The dude owns a closet company, what could be more ISTP than that? :D He also came out of his shell later in life.
Manny: INFP
The hopeless romantic poet, the definition of a more extraverted, not secluded INFP. He is displayed as an old soul in the series, but I see it more in practical matters, so a stronger Si -> INFP as opposed to INFJ. Also, his dad couldn't be anything other than ENFP.
Mitchell: ISTJ
Lawyer, practical, obsessive-compulsive. ISTJ.
Cam: ESFP
I don't see the fuzz about Cam being an N. Stereotypically, maybe, but that's due to a heavy fall of mistypings IMHO. I see him more as an ESFP with all the weight on details. Very vivid, codependent and no introverted ways whatsoever, wants to be the center of attention, a boisterous ESFP. Then again, not so tidy, as would be expected of an N, but I still stand my ground.
Lily: Funny
No idea yet, her character has just come to life as I'm in the
beginning of the 5th season. She was really, really calm as a child.

Why is Alex seen as an ISTJ? :huh:

About the reading people thing, I couldn't identify more with your insights, [MENTION=22067]riva[/MENTION]. I definitely read more into the MBTI than enneagram. Its way more interesting to me to understand the motivations of a person than the person through a more life historic perspective. Even though that's interesting as well.

Also, from a couples perspective this show gives us many of them. Going by my own definitions:

An ESTJ ENTP couple, no idea why they're together but they seem to compliment each other well.

An ISTJ ESFP couple, perfectly balancing each other out.

An ISTP ESFJ couple, that works out in a great way, even though they're different.

An ESTP ISFP couple, who work in a weird way.

This would make 3 couples that are Different in other than being an S and one couple that is a very weird combination but works well. Looks like the writers have made their homework on MBTI.