• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Edie Sedgwick

Yukihana

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm guessing esfp or possibly isfp maybe even infp at a stretch <3

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
don't know but like her much. :)

Yukihana

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
EdieSedgwick.jpg

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think ENFP, actually. A very troubled one.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
based on the two pictures i'd say esfp.

Hmm...I don't think we can base her type merely upon photographs that Andy Warhol took of her...besides, ENFPs can be performers or wear interesting clothes just like ESFPs can. Actually, Edie often ran around in nothing but black tights and a leotard that she was "too lazy to take off" which seems kinda like something an ENFP would do, doesn't seem characteristic of someone who needed to make a fashion statement on a daily basis. In fact, by the early 1970's she had stopped wearing make-up almost entirely, and was very much a natural "hippie."

I'm more inclined to think ESFP simply because she was a visual artist - she drew and painted quite well, and apparently this was one of her main talents, as well as her obvious ability to apply cosmetics in an interesting fashion. :D

However, I've also considered ENFP because some of the conversations her friends recall having with her seem more Ne, she seems extremely introspective during the Manhattan Tapes (calling her early Sixties make-up "a mask" to hide herself because she hated herself) and before she had a serious drug problem as well as about 20 rounds of electroconvulsive shock therapy, she apparently came across as extremely articulate and well-educated.

Not to say that ESFPs can't be those things too, but I fear that people slap ESFP on her just because of the way she was on drugs. I don't think that's really fair to ESFPs.

I don't think we can prove it one way or another, but perhaps if I read more about her I'll have a clearer idea. All I can say at this point is definitely ExFP.

Yukihana

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think our own types biased how we see other people, particuly or idols and icons, really only edie herself could know, I think mbti is flawed in the wy that peopel are more than one dimesional creatures, and we show sides of all types, edie could have been I/ES/NFp all at the same time, I know despite being INFp, I show very strong tendecies to E alot of the time, it's really only FP i'm sure about, and even then i question, I worry sometiems that i'm t, i knwo thats awful to saya s there's nothing wrong with T, it's just that being F< and an essnetially caring and compassionate person is important to me as a part of my identity, and like all people only i know what my true self is, just as edie would know hers, I think maybe to she may ahve been ESFP at soemtiems and INFP at others, it's fluid, making humanity even more beautiful, don't you think?x

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I think our own types biased how we see other people, particuly or idols and icons, really only edie herself could know, I think mbti is flawed in the wy that peopel are more than one dimesional creatures, and we show sides of all types

according to Jung one side always dominate in consciousness. type itself is just where it dominates (and hence what side we better realize). if you'll break a stick on two parts, one part always will dominate, there can't be two dominating parts simultaneously (adult and normal living people on a period, for example of a day, have some dominating side (thinking or feeling function), and all other days in their normal life they have dominating of the same side).