User Tag List

MBTI
    INFj

Arrow * BONES Characters

One of the reasons I like this show is its great characters. Let's get started with the typing.

Brennan: EST? - I was about to type her as an introvert because she lives a bit like a loner, but thee way she says what she's thinking all thee time, and how she seems so comfortable in social situations despite her social awkwardness, makes me think she's an extrovert. I'm pretty sure she's a sensor because of her attention to detail and how she is very concrete in her thinking. The T is probably the most obvious. The last one is a bit of a guess because I'm having a hard time remembering examples that point to either J or P.

Booth: ENFP - He's an extrovert for sure. He's a social guy. I'm typing him as an intuitive mostly because of the way he makes intuitive leaps, and the way he makes up "stories" about how he thinks the murder happened. It's a little hard to tell if he's an F or a T because he's on the job for much of the show, but if you look at his life I see more of an F leaning. And then P because of the way he continues searching for things instead of making up his mind completely.

Sweets: INFJ

Cam: ESTJ

Hodgins: E?TP

Angela: ESFP

Zack: I?TP (with Aspergers)

Those are my guesses. Your turn.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Angela have always glowed ENFP to me. She strikes me as more whimsical. But she could be ESFP, I suppose. Her high empathy, her sensitivity, high idealism, her dreams all points to ENFP. ESFPs are more grounded and down-to-earth than she is.

I couldn't type Booth for the longest time. I think he's more ENFJ than ENFP. But he is so self-contained and controlled, doesn't seem to lead with Fe. But he is quite sentimental, maybe he's just very masculine.

I agree about Cam. Sweets...could be INFP?

Hodgins - ENTP all over.
    Zack - INTP all over.

Brennan is a tough one. She is much more verbal and aggressive than ISTJs I know. I have always thought she is INTJ. She has all the personality traits, arrogant, highly competent, completely rational, do not get 'humans' at all.

If Brennan is INTJ and Angela is ENFP, they fit very well together. When I type, I also use the socionics relations theory. I find them to be very, very accurate. And I have used the relations system for a few years now.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think Brennan is an INTJ, ISTJ, or INTP. Extrovert is not likely for her, can't see her being a ESTP at ALL!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    I couldn't type Booth for the longest time. I think he's more ENFJ than ENFP. But he is so self-contained and controlled, doesn't seem to lead with Fe. But he is quite sentimental, maybe he's just very masculine.

Brennan is a tough one. She is much more verbal and aggressive than ISTJs I know. I have always thought she is INTJ. She has all the personality traits, arrogant, highly competent, completely rational, do not get 'humans' at all.
    I had the same problem typing Booth. I think your justification is okay.

As for Bones, same problems again just as you say. Seemingly has all those stereotypical INTJ traits and the writers sometimes explicitly put words in her mouth to make her sound Ni. Still the way she thinks otherwise seems extremely concrete. Also she cares a bit more about people than INTJs do, cares about learning to be less arrogant and all that.

Angela is said to live to in the present, not really Ne-dom.

Angela ISFP
    Hodgins ENTP
    Saroyan ENTJ
    Sweets INFP
    Zack INTP

If Brennan is INTJ and Angela is ENFP, they fit very well together. When I type, I also use the socionics relations theory. I find them to be very, very accurate. And I have used the relations system for a few years now.
    Bones seems to be more Se than Ni in Socionics. More LSI than ILI. ILI-Te could be second option but I don't really see it. Look at Clark, much more Ni (in Socionics).

MBTI
    STP

Hodgins reminds me of INFJ men i know. That combination of T and F. He is very emotionally childlike and mentally Ti all driven by Ni intuition.

Nothing like ENTP men i know, not even ENTPs on here. Different playfulness, different type of wonder, etc.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Hodgins reminds me of INFJ men i know. That combination of T and F. He is very emotionally childlike and mentally Ti all driven by Ni intuition.

Nothing like ENTP men i know, not even ENTPs on here. Different playfulness, different type of wonder, etc.
    I don't see INFJs childlike emotionally in this way.

He does display Ne+Ti with his love of experimenting with shit.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by existence View Post
    I don't see INFJs childlike emotionally in this way.

He does display Ne+Ti with his love of experimenting with shit.
    ehhh...i usually stay out of these because i read the person to much. I am sure they dont do an MBTI assessment to make sure they got the matching MBTI person. Ti logic that is

He does love to experiment, he is way to thourough to be an NeTi though. I say his Ti is more in support of his Ni. To much depth for Ne. He is definately N.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    ehhh...i usually stay out of these because i read the person to much. I am sure they dont do an MBTI assessment to make sure they got the matching MBTI person. Ti logic that is

He does love to experiment, he is way to thourough to be an NeTi though. I say his Ti is more in support of his Ni. To much depth for Ne. He is definately N.
    I did originally type him as INTP but he's a bit too extraverted for that - I'm sure ENTP can be thorough in doing a paid job that they also love doing.

PS: Yeah I don't think the series creators used MBTI otherwise