• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bands and MBTI

Sunny Ghost

I'm kind of curious how you guys might "type" a particular band's musical style.

I was listening to Animal Collective the other day, and some of my friend's were discussing their music while we listened. My friend said, "Music like this gives me so much hope for humanity. It's funny though, you listen to it and think they are super intellectual. But I watched an interview with them and they basically said they just did what felt right and sounded good." However, something about the band made me think: ISFP. The way of feeling the music, and sensing what fits right. Also, how it has a way of resonating on something unexplainable and deeper, without the analysis and full penetration. It's more of a pulse. And the music is alive and new, fresh, etc. While wielding that flower power-ness of the ISFP heart.

But anyways, I thought this could be an interesting place to discuss bands and what "type" their music comes off as.

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I was just thinking this the other day. Or how certain songs can be typed.

My opinions:

Pink Floyd: INxP
Beatles: ENFJ
Aerosmith: ENFP
Doors: ENTP

Tom

MBTI Type
Jipe
Enneagram
Memb
This thread's about how bands are typed and the other's about specific bands' types. Or that's what I got anyway...

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lyrically:

Disturbed - ENFP
Fiel a la Vega- ENFJ
Evanescence- INFP
Bee Gees- ESFP
Buckcherry- ESFP
Korn- ISFP
Mötorhead- ESTP
Weird Al- ENTP

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, Korn's lyrics are Fi-dom to the core. Just an unhealthy, negativistic brand of Fi.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Music is hard to type (going from a logical perspective, I'm mostly a logical thinker), so I chose lyrics instead.

Sunny Ghost

Music is hard to type (going from a logical perspective, I'm mostly a logical thinker), so I chose lyrics instead.

yeah, i don't think i could try and type the music itself. it would all be reduced to stereotypes.