• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Big Bang Theory

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sigh. So, is everyone just gonna ignore the fact Sheldon has no Ni whatsoever?

G

Glycerine

I stick with INTJ with autism/aspergers.

I have known both INTJs and ISTJs. He reminds me of Provoker (INTJ) in a much more exaggerated form.

I deleted all my other posts because this is kinda funny to argue about a character's type.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're an ENTP I presume?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think what they're ignoring is your horrible horrible interpretation of MBTI theory
Interpreting attention to detail as sensing and reliance on menory as Si in particular is horrible MBTI theory? Okay...

Sensing (S)
Paying attention to physical reality, what I see, hear, touch, taste, and smell. I’m concerned with what is actual, present, current, and real. I notice facts and I remember details that are important to me. I like to see the practical use of things and learn best when I see how to use what I’m learning. Experience speaks to me louder than words.
My MBTI Personality Type - MBTI Basics - Sensing or Intuition

Introverted Sensing often involves storing data and information, then comparing and contrasting the current situation with similar ones. The immediate experience or words are instantly linked with the prior experiences, and we register a similarity or a difference—for example, noticing that some food doesn’t taste the same or is saltier than it usually is. Introverted Sensing is also operating when we see someone who reminds us of someone else. Sometimes a feeling associated with the recalled image comes into our awareness along with the information itself. Then the image can be so strong, our body responds as if reliving the experience. The process also involves reviewing the past to draw on the lessons of history, hindsight, and experience. With introverted Sensing, there is often great attention to detail and getting a clear picture of goals and objectives and what is to happen. There can be a oneness with ageless customs that help sustain civilization and culture and protect what is known and long-lasting, even while what is reliable changes.
Introverted Sensing

I mean, I'm going on what the Myers-Briggs foundation says Si is, but what do they know right?

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Sheldon very likely suffers from something like ocd or aspergers.... and you are attempting to pass those traits off on Si.

Good going!

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sheldon very likely suffers from something like ocd or aspergers.... and you are attempting to pass those traits off on Si.
They fit the Si profile. If a person's behavior fits the Si profile to the T it logically can't be anything other than Si, since Jungian cognition theory is a way to categorize... behavior itself. The dog wags the tail, not the other way around.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
They fit the Si profile. If a person's behavior fits the Si profile to the T it logically can't be anything other than Si, since Jungian cognition theory is a way to categorize... behavior itself.

No, it fits the asperger's profile to a T. The writers and the actor himself have addressed that issue multiple times. If you take those aspects of his behaviour away.. you're looking at a guy whos into KLINGON BOGGLE, sci fi, and comic books.

G

Glycerine

... and there is no correlation between aspergers and Si. Scientists aren't really sure what causes it.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, it fits the asperger's profile to a T.
It fits both, which is precisely my point. Si is not divorced from your personality, including any disorders you may have, it is a result of your personality, including any disorders you may have. It is a way to categorize behavior.

If you take those aspects of his behaviour away.. you're looking at a guy whos into KLINGON BOGGLE, sci fi, and comic books.
So? I have an Se-dominant friend who's into all those things. Does he display any Ni? Any foresight or vision?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... and there is no correlation between aspergers and Si. Scientists aren't really sure what causes it.
Who the fuck cares if there's a correlation? Si isn't a part of the brain, it's a method of describing displayed behavior.

G

Glycerine

It was nice talking to you but you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about in terms of MBTI. It was a nice waste of time. :)

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cop-out. How don't I have any idea what I'm talking about?

TiNe_2_IP

MBTI Type
INTP
Sheldon is a fictional character. He is whatever the writers need him to be in context of the episode, the other characters and the laughs they need. He probably has a defined personality type in order for the show to be consistent and for the writers to keep some control over the characters but if they want to blend other personality traits into the characters they can because it's not real life.

Last edited:
MBTI Type
INFJ
Sheldon is a fictional character. He is whatever the writers need him to be in context of the episode, the other characters and the laughs they need. He probably has a defined personality type in order for the show to be consistent and for the writers to keep some control over the characters but if they want to blend other personality traits into the characters they can because it's not real life.

:yes:!

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Obviously, but he still has a coherent personality does he not? ;)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sheldon is an autistic INTJ.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type