Please show me where he displays Ni.
    [YOUTUBE="nUkHkCkNINM"] BAZINGA![/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

That isn't Ni. That's just random insanity -- which could be and almost certainly is either Ne or Se. Ni is forethought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    That isn't Ni. That's just random insanity -- which could be and almost certainly is either Ne or Se. Ni is forethought.
    Uh right...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Ha! You guys fail.

Leonard - IxFJ - obvious need for Fe input + positive inclination towards relational Fe-oriented topics and environment.

Functionally, I'd say ISFJ but if we center it on the background of the portrayed character, N is for science.

Sheldon - INTP - stiff and disinclination towards Fe environment + Strong Ti in terms of having strong attachment towards things like his "equation board" and the rest of his logical projection of internal models(e.g. his special seat). Scientific endeavors stemming from "Ne type of experimental interests" rationalizes strong Si.

Because he judges his possession to not adapt towards an external system, it becomes more externally demanding and private. To explain, Te is technical whore because it orients itself around an objective criteria while Ti is more self-contained.(I relate to this organizational and non-flexible mentality.) Don't forget, IxTP's are dominant Judgers. In conclusion, ISTJ is not functionally logical to fit observation.

....this is why four letters don't serve enough to explain...(emphasis on the "P" letter). Notice similarities between P dominants. ExxP's and IxxJ's tends to be confused with each other because of articulation function(Je).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Agreed. That is not an example of Ni, not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Ha! You guys fail.

Leonard - IxFJ - obvious need for Fe input + positive inclination towards relational Fe-oriented topics and environment.

Functionally, I'd say ISFJ but if we center it on the background of the portrayed character, N is for science.

Sheldon - INTP - stiff and disinclination towards Fe environment + Strong Ti in terms of having strong attachment towards things like his "equation board" and the rest of his logical projection of internal models(e.g. his special seat). Significant Si brought from "Ne type of experimental interests" explains scientific endeavors.

Because he judges his possession to not adapt towards an external system, it becomes more externally demanding and private. To explain, Te is technical whore because it orients itself around an objective criteria while Ti is more self-contained.(I relate to this organizational and non-flexible mentality.) Don't forget, IxTP's are dominant Judgers. In conclusion, ISTJ is not functionally logical to fit observation.

....this is why four letters don't serve enough to explain...(emphasis on the "P" letter).
    Agreed on Leonard. Totally INFJ, though I agree ISFJ would also be a possibility: we don't have any real evidence of S vs N except that he's a scientist.

Sheldon is a puzzle. He is not like any scientist I've ever known, and I've known very very many, having gone through a graduate physics program, myself.

There's definitely an "asperger's" template being used, and writers are going with that, and not any normal personality profile. He acts very "J", which makes one suspect TJ, but the only "Te behavior" (in quotes for a reason) I see from him is the asperger's, insisting that his environment be arranged thus-and-so. We never ever see him figuring things out in an INTJ way, just seeming to "know" things or deduce things from shreds of evidence. He never does the Ni context-shifting of "Oh, if I look at this just slightly differently, it all works better" ... his asperger's template prevents him from doing that, though that cause/effect could simply be a limitation of the writers.

Given Sheldon's rather precise manner about things, I can see INTP and a strong Ti, but it's still affected by the asperger's, giving the impression of a strong J. I could see him being INTP, with TiNeSiFe, with the "baby ISFJ" (SiFe) expressing the asperger's tendencies.

Most any analysis has to be sheer guesswork, though, with writers' inconsistencies, the asperger's template, the actor's own type (whatever that is), combined with no conscious usage of MBTI archetypes.
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Leonard - INxP (not certain of him usually to shows give the protagonist a personality that's hard to determine so everyone can relate to them so he could be an ISFJ for all I know. However, I'm certain he's an introvert and he seems to think about the future a bit with Penny more than Penny does anyway and he looks at the big picture when trying to solve an issue so probably an N. Not sure about others though)
    Sheldon - INTP (but with aspergers so doesn't like change etc)
    Raj - INFP
    Howard - ESTP
    Penny - ESFP
    Bernadette - ENFJ
    Amy - INTJ
    Stuart - ISFP
    Sheldon's mum - ESFJ
    Leonard's mum - INTJ
    Lucy - INFJ

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sheldon- INTP, He's clearly in a Ti-Si loop, with aspergers and is very exaggerated.

Leonard- IxFJ, He doesn't seem to have a preference but I'm leaning towards INFJ because of the Ni Si clashes between him and Sheldon.

Howard- ENTP, He usually uses tons of Ne and Fe.

Raj- INFP, I see Fi and Ne.
    Penny- ESFP
    Bernadette- INFJ
    Amy- INTJ
    Stuart- ISFP
    IxxP-Conscientious-Slytherin-Leisurely-Idiosyncratic-9w1-4w3-7w6-sp/so-LII-Ne

Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?
    -J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

MBTI
    INFJ

Sheldon
    “Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.”
    ― Walter Scott, Marmion

Junior Member conflictedobserver95's Avatar
    MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Sheldon - INTP with developed Si and a preference leaning towards J from his asperger's.

Leonard - INFJ. I initially thought INFP but he uses Ti and Fe. And I don't see much Ne there.

Amy - INTX. INTP? I'm pretty sure she uses Ti-Ne.

Penny - ESFP. Classic.

Raj - So INFP haha.

Howard - ENTP. I can see Ne use in his spontaneous humour style.

Bernadette - INFJ.

Stuart - ISFP.
    "When anything is blocking my head or there's worry in my life, I just go sit on Mars or something and look back here at Earth. All you can see is this tiny speck. You don't see the fear. You don't see the pain. You don't see thought. It's just one solid speck. Then nothing really matters. It just doesn't."

Heath Ledger

INxP 4w5 5w4 9w1 sp/sx
    Likes Punderstorm liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    925 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII None

Sheldon - INFJ with OCD
    Howard - ENTP