User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    there's definitely a dislike of conflict (and no matter how much they get involved, staying in that mode is impossible). if someone is truly Fi dom though, they fight if they have to. there's nothing more important than their sense of rights and wrongs, and further, they are practical doers like other SPs. on top of this, there is no such thing as a "tranquil mother nature figure" in reality, and rarely in fiction even. ISFPs will not kid themselves into a pointless fantasy like that, nice as it is, or bullshit themselves in a sense of harmony when it does not exist. they are angered sometimes like all human beings can be, and when that happens, they will try to fix the problem. they're the most impulsive of all types too. lastly, it's that Ni that seals the deal and tells them what they need to do - change and grow a pair of balls.
    Oh okay, do you have any fictional examples that you can think of? That's probably the type I have seen the least amount of in fiction, so I was kind of being a little creative with that one as you have noticed .

i listed some above.. usually a pensive or nice type of character who digs inside themselves and rises to the occassion around wrong/injustice (usually!) that's the cliche at least. and outside of performance, they tend to not have the dominant personality.

i've heard of those, but never read them. maybe i'll check it out in anime, the sensitive/pensive/moody Fi driven hero shows up often. Ichigo in Bleach or Simon in Gurren Laggan are ixfp at least. in the west, Buffy or Luke Skywalker..and yeah Harry Potter!^. the Crow is probably the closest one came to an antihero maybe (altho it took death for him to transform and rise to the occassion)?
    Oh huhhh. So they are very similar to ISTPs in fiction? It seems like the only difference then being more of an attachment to a personal justice. And similar to INFPs I see as well, except INFP's tend to play with ideas of what the world can be and try to make that happen, instead of playing with the way the world is and order it to fit a personal justice. Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Oh huhhh. So they are very similar to ISTPs in fiction? It seems like the only difference then being more of an attachment to a personal justice. And similar to INFPs I see as well, except INFP's tend to play with ideas of what the world can be and try to make that happen, instead of playing with the way the world is and order it to fit a personal justice. Is that right?
    Real ISFPs and ISTPs can be similar in a way, but as far as cliches go, I don't think they're very similar.. They usually have the same ends, but different means, I guess. ISTP characters have that nonchalant badass abrasive approach. And generally, they alienate people in their private lives when they're not saving the day. (again, it's just a cliche). Fi is emotional, passionate, so that trickles down to the characters being more of a "likeable" team character, I guess, if somewhat sensitive or something along those lines. Maybe it's the difference between Han Solo and Luke Skywalker (hell, even their names say a lot).

Kind of off the point, but the way Fi sees justice is always big picture/ absolute/universal in a way (there's no difference with NFPs there). There's always an impression of a bigger cause with it. SFPs just go about it or develop it differently (through direct experiences and actions) and channel it out the same.. in a more bottom-up action oriented type of approach. Or so I think! I welcome any corrections, but that's my impression.

figsfiggyfigs

LOL @ the ENTJ description

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

there's definitely a dislike of conflict (and no matter how much they get involved, staying in that mode is impossible). if someone is truly Fi dom though, they fight if they have to. there's nothing more important than their sense of rights and wrongs, and further, they are practical doers like other SPs. on top of this, there is no such thing as a "tranquil mother nature figure" in reality, and rarely in fiction even. ISFPs will not kid themselves into a pointless fantasy like that, nice as it is, or bullshit themselves in a sense of harmony when it does not exist. they are angered sometimes like all human beings can be, and when that happens, they will try to fix the problem. they're the most impulsive of all types too. lastly, it's that Ni that seals the deal and tells them what they need to do and how to do it - change and grow a pair of balls.
    Yeah, I laughed when I saw that comment it didn't fit any ISFP I've ever met or heard of too well!. ISFPs are actually rather good hero material I think, particularly if there's practical action/vengeance involved. Let's not forget that Joan of Arc was probably ISFP - at least, she posessed all requisite characteristics.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

INFP heros - think frodo
    or some one kinda down trodden, and "every bodies man" taking on a big coperation/organisation/instutition over a principle, or because of some personal injustice. A david and goliath situation. Even better, if they uncover the grievence, over some thing they thought intially was a small problem.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

ENTP/INTP - the beloved mad scientist/eccentric proffessor types. You know the ones that pull out those mad random inventions, like explosive bubble gum, that help (and some time hinder) the hero.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Yeah, I laughed when I saw that comment it didn't fit any ISFP I've ever met or heard of too well!. ISFPs are actually rather good hero material I think, particularly if there's practical action/vengeance involved. Let's not forget that Joan of Arc was probably ISFP - at least, she posessed all requisite characteristics.
    Well then why didn't you say something, dork :rolli:. I guess you would rather I went on in my ignorant little world while you poke fun at my stupidity :steam::steam:.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Sad but true. If they're bad guys, they're usually driven by greed or lust for power, and they're never ALL bad. Although I'd say that the redeeming factor is more often than not getting rid of the J; learning to embrace the ISFP's Fi-driven spontaneity, and give them the OK. They can be Professor McGonagall figures - uptight and rule-driven but nonetheless good-hearted.
    I was thinking about the workaholic dad who realizes there is more to life than career. This "more" is, of course, the family and love.
    I agree to an extent... characters redeemed by being a bit more balanced. In fiction we see a lot of uptight SJs and cold-hearted Ts who learn to enjoy life and/or love, which is great. But we don't see very often flighty NPs and whiny, emotional Fs who learn to get a grip on reality and/or learn to value logic. And that is a pity, because I'm sure that would make great stories, too!
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women