Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

From the lists I've seen before that are around, there are a few too many ISTJs thrown in there, with the exception that H.W. Bush I usually see typed as ISTJ
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't know if I buy ENTJ for Obama, but I really can't read the guy tbh. I'm impressed that you know enough about that many presidents to attempt typing them.

Dubya-ESFP, dude was a total party animal back in his day and is so genuinely a born again Christian in recent years that I think he's probably a feeler
    Bush sr.-ISTJ
    Nixon-INTJ
    Lincoln-probably our only INTP president w/ the possible exception of Coolidge
    Thomas Jefferson-ENTP
    John Adams-IxTJ

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

How is Obama ENTJ?

He is focused on diplomacy, is humanely idealistic, gives weight to personal situations of the every day man, and (apparently) takes too long to resolve issues and quite flower-y when he talks. An ENTJ would be similar to Margaret Thatcher, forget about bipartisan cooperation, is controversial and totally pragmatic and would flip the system. Obama is quite the bipartisan player. Thatcher would have been able to push a real deal universal health care through if she believed it, whereas Obama compromised.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Lets just stop the obama discussion right now. Its too early to judge him.

I dont see how Nixon was ISTJ
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by BlueinGreen View Post
    Dubya-ESFP, dude was a total party animal back in his day and is so genuinely a born again Christian in recent years that I think he's probably a feeler
    I could buy this. ESTPs are almost as likely to be party animals as ESFPs, though.

Bush sr.-ISTJ
    Nixon-INTJ
    Nixon was S. He was ridiculously detail-oriented, and obsessively focused on past details of his life. Si-dominant to the core. Bush Sr, on the other hand, is quite Ni -- he treats politics like a game of chess.

Lincoln-probably our only INTP president w/ the possible exception of Coolidge
    Lincoln was not particularly creative, but he was rather deliberate -- doesn't strike me as an INTP.

Thomas Jefferson-ENTP
    Jefferson was a bossy control freak who couldn't stand it when things didn't go his way. He was also quite blatantly Ni-dominant, and rather reclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    How is Obama ENTJ?

He is focused on diplomacy, is humanely idealistic, gives weight to personal situations of the every day man, and (apparently) takes too long to resolve issues and quite flower-y when he talks. An ENTJ would be similar to Margaret Thatcher, forget about bipartisan cooperation, is controversial and totally pragmatic and would flip the system. Obama is quite the bipartisan player. Thatcher would have been able to push a real deal universal health care through if she believed it, whereas Obama compromised.
    I doubt Obama seriously believes in universal healthcare, bipartisan cooperation or any of the bullshit he's said or done -- and he's backed up on over half his promises. He's a shrewd, charismatic politician who puts up an act of being Fe so people will love him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'd actually guess Obama believes in universal healthcare (based on his personal history and some of what he did/said when he was younger, and his comparatively restricted use of corporate funds and support, he's an extreme liberal who hides it in the name of public support. I'd guess he legitimately wanted a public option) and, to some degree, bipartisanship (if he thought it was a total farce, he would have abandoned it much, much sooner. I wouldn't be surprised if he considers the extreme, always-antagonistic conservative reaction to his Presidency ridiculous). What does he fake? Maybe religion. More than any President to this point, he mentions non-believers in speeches and has a few famous clips saying controversial things about some Biblical beliefs (granted, focusing on the most absurd ones, like dietary regulations, but as a means of encouraging limiting Biblical influence in belief, something no modern President has attempted that I can recall). More than most Presidents as well, his marriage and career seems not exclusively political. In fact, Harry Reid supposedly encouraged Obama to run in 2008 because he didn't like Hilary, and Obama initially resisted the idea.

Also, backed up on over half his campaign promises? Politifact.com, a non-partisan site, says no:

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I doubt Obama seriously believes in universal healthcare, bipartisan cooperation or any of the bullshit he's said or done -- and he's backed up on over half his promises. He's a shrewd, charismatic politician who puts up an act of being Fe so people will love him.
    Wouldn't that be repulsive for an ENTJ to pretend to be sincere and use Fe? A lot of ENTJs, I have noticed, mentions sincerity at some point as important. I agree with ZPowers. His past indicates strong Fe tendencies. I see him as an example of a very healthy ENFJ. I am sure ENTJs have great social prowess but with Obama, it's of a different flavor. It's this natural, incredible gift of empathy. He radiates warmth.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Wouldn't that be repulsive for an ENTJ to pretend to be sincere and use Fe? A lot of ENTJs, I have noticed, mentions sincerity at some point as important. I agree with ZPowers. His past indicates strong Fe tendencies. I see him as an example of a very healthy ENFJ. I am sure ENTJs have great social prowess but with Obama, it's of a different flavor. It's this natural, incredible gift of empathy. He radiates warmth.
    Obama has no gift of empathy, he comes off as cold and emotionless when he speaks, and outwardly radiates the same aura. If you wanna see a politician who did have the gift of empathy, take a look at good ol' Slick Willy.

Sounds like someone's been drinking the Hope Kool-aid. Cheers!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Obama has no gift of empathy, he comes off as cold and emotionless when he speaks, and outwardly radiates the same aura. If you wanna see a politician who did have the gift of empathy, take a look at good ol' Slick Willy.

Sounds like someone's been drinking the Hope Kool-aid. Cheers!
    Hold on to your asses people because this threads gonnna be a bumpy ride.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn