• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

American Presidents

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Barack Obama- ENTJ
George W. Bush- ESTP
Bill Clinton- ESFP
George H. W. Bush- INTJ
Ronald Reagan- ESFJ
Jimmy Carter- INFJ
Gerald Ford- ISFJ
Richard Nixon- ISTJ
Lyndon Johnson- ESTJ
John F. Kennedy- ENTP
Dwight Eisenhower- INTJ
Harry Truman- ISTJ
Franklin D. Roosevelt- ENTJ
Herbert Hoover- INTJ
Calvin Coolidge- INTJ
Warren Harding- ESTP
Woodrow Wilson - INTJ
William Howard Taft - INFJ
Teddy Roosevelt - ESTP
William McKinley - ESFJ
Grover Cleveland - ISTJ
Benjamin Harrison - ISFP
Chester Arthur - ESTP
James Garfield - INFP
Rutherford B. Hayes - ISTJ
Ulysses S. Grant - INTJ
Andrew Johnson - ESTJ
Abraham Lincoln - ISTJ
James Buchanan - ISFP
Franklin Pierce - ESTJ
Millard Fillmore - ENTJ
Zachary Taylor - ESTJ
James Polk - INTJ
John Tyler - ISFP
William Henry Harrison - ESTP
Martin Van Buren - ESTJ
Andrew Jackson - ESTP
John Quincy Adams - INTJ
James Monroe - ISTJ
James Madison - INTP
Thomas Jefferson - INTJ
John Adams - ENTJ
George Washington - ISTJ

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
From the lists I've seen before that are around, there are a few too many ISTJs thrown in there, with the exception that H.W. Bush I usually see typed as ISTJ

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know if I buy ENTJ for Obama, but I really can't read the guy tbh. I'm impressed that you know enough about that many presidents to attempt typing them.

Dubya-ESFP, dude was a total party animal back in his day and is so genuinely a born again Christian in recent years that I think he's probably a feeler
Bush sr.-ISTJ
Nixon-INTJ
Lincoln-probably our only INTP president w/ the possible exception of Coolidge
Thomas Jefferson-ENTP
John Adams-IxTJ

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
How is Obama ENTJ?

He is focused on diplomacy, is humanely idealistic, gives weight to personal situations of the every day man, and (apparently) takes too long to resolve issues and quite flower-y when he talks. An ENTJ would be similar to Margaret Thatcher, forget about bipartisan cooperation, is controversial and totally pragmatic and would flip the system. Obama is quite the bipartisan player. Thatcher would have been able to push a real deal universal health care through if she believed it, whereas Obama compromised.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Lets just stop the obama discussion right now. Its too early to judge him.

I dont see how Nixon was ISTJ

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dubya-ESFP, dude was a total party animal back in his day and is so genuinely a born again Christian in recent years that I think he's probably a feeler
I could buy this. ESTPs are almost as likely to be party animals as ESFPs, though. ;)

Bush sr.-ISTJ
Nixon-INTJ
Nixon was S. He was ridiculously detail-oriented, and obsessively focused on past details of his life. Si-dominant to the core. Bush Sr, on the other hand, is quite Ni -- he treats politics like a game of chess.

Lincoln-probably our only INTP president w/ the possible exception of Coolidge
Lincoln was not particularly creative, but he was rather deliberate -- doesn't strike me as an INTP.

Thomas Jefferson-ENTP
Jefferson was a bossy control freak who couldn't stand it when things didn't go his way. He was also quite blatantly Ni-dominant, and rather reclusive.
How is Obama ENTJ?

He is focused on diplomacy, is humanely idealistic, gives weight to personal situations of the every day man, and (apparently) takes too long to resolve issues and quite flower-y when he talks. An ENTJ would be similar to Margaret Thatcher, forget about bipartisan cooperation, is controversial and totally pragmatic and would flip the system. Obama is quite the bipartisan player. Thatcher would have been able to push a real deal universal health care through if she believed it, whereas Obama compromised.
I doubt Obama seriously believes in universal healthcare, bipartisan cooperation or any of the bullshit he's said or done -- and he's backed up on over half his promises. He's a shrewd, charismatic politician who puts up an act of being Fe so people will love him.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'd actually guess Obama believes in universal healthcare (based on his personal history and some of what he did/said when he was younger, and his comparatively restricted use of corporate funds and support, he's an extreme liberal who hides it in the name of public support. I'd guess he legitimately wanted a public option) and, to some degree, bipartisanship (if he thought it was a total farce, he would have abandoned it much, much sooner. I wouldn't be surprised if he considers the extreme, always-antagonistic conservative reaction to his Presidency ridiculous). What does he fake? Maybe religion. More than any President to this point, he mentions non-believers in speeches and has a few famous clips saying controversial things about some Biblical beliefs (granted, focusing on the most absurd ones, like dietary regulations, but as a means of encouraging limiting Biblical influence in belief, something no modern President has attempted that I can recall). More than most Presidents as well, his marriage and career seems not exclusively political. In fact, Harry Reid supposedly encouraged Obama to run in 2008 because he didn't like Hilary, and Obama initially resisted the idea.

Also, backed up on over half his campaign promises? Politifact.com, a non-partisan site, says no:

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I doubt Obama seriously believes in universal healthcare, bipartisan cooperation or any of the bullshit he's said or done -- and he's backed up on over half his promises. He's a shrewd, charismatic politician who puts up an act of being Fe so people will love him.

Wouldn't that be repulsive for an ENTJ to pretend to be sincere and use Fe? A lot of ENTJs, I have noticed, mentions sincerity at some point as important. I agree with ZPowers. His past indicates strong Fe tendencies. I see him as an example of a very healthy ENFJ. I am sure ENTJs have great social prowess but with Obama, it's of a different flavor. It's this natural, incredible gift of empathy. He radiates warmth.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wouldn't that be repulsive for an ENTJ to pretend to be sincere and use Fe? A lot of ENTJs, I have noticed, mentions sincerity at some point as important. I agree with ZPowers. His past indicates strong Fe tendencies. I see him as an example of a very healthy ENFJ. I am sure ENTJs have great social prowess but with Obama, it's of a different flavor. It's this natural, incredible gift of empathy. He radiates warmth.
Obama has no gift of empathy, he comes off as cold and emotionless when he speaks, and outwardly radiates the same aura. If you wanna see a politician who did have the gift of empathy, take a look at good ol' Slick Willy.

Sounds like someone's been drinking the Hope Kool-aid. Cheers!

kool-aid.jpg

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Obama has no gift of empathy, he comes off as cold and emotionless when he speaks, and outwardly radiates the same aura. If you wanna see a politician who did have the gift of empathy, take a look at good ol' Slick Willy.

Sounds like someone's been drinking the Hope Kool-aid. Cheers!

Hold on to your asses people because this threads gonnna be a bumpy ride.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Alexsei, don't you realize that no SP would be physically inept enough to fall off of a Segway? :coffee:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
During a recent NBA on TNT broadcast, Marv Albert mentioned that Obama could recite the entire Philly 76ers roster. Sounds like an Si dominant. isfj, to be exact. Doesn't sound like something an enfj would care to demonstrate outright.

I've never personally felt he's empathetic/enthusiastic enough to be enfj.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Agreed or understandable for most of them.
These ones I'm not so sure about:

Herbert Hoover- Close enough, but I think ENTJ. A good example of a likeable ENTJ, actually. (Until the Great Depression), he was known his entire career for his creative efficiency-building and streamlining skills. Anyway, glad to agree that he's NTJ.

I'd swap around some of the INTJs and ISTJs, but I guess I'll leave that.

Abraham Lincoln- I don't think ISTJ, but it's not clear what. He's a confusing man.

Martin van Buren- Maybe ESTP, being described as a great "salesman." ESTJ may be a point, though.

James Polk and John Tyler- I guess it depends on how you interpret their motivation for doing what they did (or maybe you looked up biographical information). What's your reasoning here?

William Howard Taft- INFJ? Wow, how you do explain that?

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Barack Obama- ENFP
George W. Bush- ENFJ
Bill Clinton- ENTJ
George H. W. Bush- ENTJ(?)
Ronald Reagan- ENFJ
John F. Kennedy- ENTJ
Franklin D. Roosevelt- ISTP

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Barack Obama- ENFP
Blatant Ni. Te can be seen if you don't actually swallow the Fe-happy media hype.

George W. Bush- ENFJ
Dubya? N? :rofl1:

Bill Clinton- ENTJ
No. The guy was extremely detail-oriented, charismatic, touchy-feely, and as you probably know he loved, loved, loved to fuck.

George H. W. Bush- ENTJ(?)
Too quiet and reclusive.

John F. Kennedy- ENTJ
Cuba, anyone? Johnny boy was reckless, it almost destroyed the world.

I think you're overtyping N. There have certainly been N presidents aplenty, but there have been just as many Sensor presidents. The public actually likes sensors better, the US itself having a deeply Sensing culture.

R

Riva

Off topic

I think all of you can take some time off and agree on the fact that it's good news, Hilary Clinton is not in that list.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah, same shit, different bitch.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Off topic

I think all of you can take some time off and agree on the fact that it's good news, Hilary Clinton is not in that list.

Better than John McCain. Or, if he'd died, Sarah Palin. Good God.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Again, same shit, different assholes. At least Palin is one nice piece of ass.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I suppose by that logic we should just elect Paris Hilton, Megan Fox or those Twilight kids, then.