Thread: The L Word

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Default The L Word

I finally watched all of the seasons and am now interested in hearing opinions about the character's types. I'll start.

Bette - ENTJ
    Tina - ISFJ
    Kit - Useless character so who cares
    Shane - ISTP/ISFP
    Jenny - INFP (a good example of a fairly twisted one)
    Alice - ExFx, probably S
    Helena - ENFJ (she started off pretty boring but got WAY better in the later seasons.)
    Dana - xSTJ
    Max - ISTP
    Carmen - ESFJ
    Marina - Dunno
    Papi - Dunno, maybe ESFP
    Jodi - ESTP (very strong Se)
    Tasha - ISTJ (straight up)

There are a shitload more characters that have come and gone throughout the show, so please add more as you think of them.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

you did great! i concur! i'm leaning towards enfp for alice . . . & i always thought kit was annoying / completely useless too . . . ha!

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by revolve View Post
    you did great! i concur! i'm leaning towards enfp for alice . . . & i always thought kit was annoying / completely useless too . . . ha!
    The actress is actually good. The writing for her was bad. With the exception of the asian girl in the last season and Bette, all of the non-white characters were giant stereotypes.

OP: I agree with Tina, Jenny, Shane, Helena, and Tasha. Why do you think Bette is a T? I could go either way, so I'm curious about your reasoning.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by revolve View Post
    Hmmm...ENFP is possible, but I'd like to hear more about why you think she's an N and not an S.

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    OP: I agree with Tina, Jenny, Shane, Helena, and Tasha. Why do you think Bette is a T? I could go either way, so I'm curious about your reasoning.
    Do you think that Shane is ISTP or ISFP? I can't decide.

As for Bette, I say she's a T because, unless in the throws of some relational problem, she is hyper-Te rational. She is bossy, domineering, and cold in a way that Helena (the ENFJ) wasn't (even when her character was written in "bossy" mode.) The things she does just seem very very Te.

MBTI
    INxJ

I'm leaning towards T.

It doesn't seem like she feels much at all except towards her friends. Even then she's really reserved about her own inner workings with the few people she does trust. Maybe because she was damaged so early on she removed herself from emotions, or she hides them even from herself.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

i agree for the most part orangey. interesting take on helena, i figured she would've been impossible to type because her personality seemed to change every season. i didn't have a clue about Jenny either, just I?F?.

i think Bette could be ESTJ.

i had that same thought about shane too, ISTP or damaged ISFP. i think the actress is probably ISFP, which affects the character. they seem to want to present her as ISTP, cool, collected, detached, but because the show loves drama, they create more F in their characters. i think ISTPs tend to htink about things a bit more before acting/expressing herself than she does and be less inclinded to other people, so perhaps she's ISFP.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    interesting take on helena, i figured she would've been impossible to type because her personality seemed to change every season.
    Well, I think she was consciously trying to be a controlling bitch when she first appeared on the show. They even justified it later (in the finale) when she told Bette that she was acting that way in order to compete with her. But her later personality is more like how she is naturally supposed to be, and she came off as ENFJ to me.

i didn't have a clue about Jenny either, just I?F?.
    I dunno, I thought Jenny was straight-up INFP. She can't really be any other type.

i think Bette could be ESTJ.
    Yeah, you could be right on this one.

i had that same thought about shane too, ISTP or damaged ISFP. i think the actress is probably ISFP, which affects the character. they seem to want to present her as ISTP, cool, collected, detached, but because the show loves drama, they create more F in their characters. i think ISTPs tend to htink about things a bit more before acting/expressing herself than she does and be less inclinded to other people, so perhaps she's ISFP.
    That's what I mean. She kinda had a lot of F-ish moments even though her "persona" was supposed to be ISTP.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

now that i think about Jenny as INFP, it becomes clearer and clearer to me that she is one.

what about the male characters?

i think Mark is ENTP

i have a fuzzier memory of Tim and Angus. Tim is a S of some kind and Angus is a NF, i think.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

now that i think about Jenny as INFP, it becomes clearer and clearer to me that she is one.

what about the male characters?

i think Mark is ENTP

i have a fuzzier memory of Tim and Angus. Tim is a S of some kind and Angus is a NF, i think.
    The funny thing about this show is that they make the male characters so forgettable. I doubt that that's accidental.

Mark I thought was ESFJ or ENFJ.

Tim - ISFP

Angus - ESFJ. He was a nanny.

Billie - ENTP or ESTP. This guy was hilarious.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I dunno, I thought Jenny was straight-up INFP. She can't really be any other type.
    Yes. Hands down. The actress seems to be INFP as well, and she often takes these same kinds of roles over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Angus - ESFJ. He was a nanny.

What about Lisa? The man lesbian.