• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
So what type do you think these guys really are?

Jon-Stewart-cc01.jpg
stephen-colbert-loves-the-wii-11-28-2006-ii.jpg

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think this should be in the popular culture forum.

I'm pretty sure Jon is a 7/6.
I tend to feel like he's an ENTP or ENFP, but for all I know, he could be an S.

I have no clue about Stephen. If you've ever read about his life, you know how hard he is to place
I'll guess he's a One or a Five? And I suppose an IN of some sort, perhaps INTP.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jon is an ENTp. Not sure about Colbert, though, INTj maybe?

Last edited:

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
They're both NFs.

Jon = ENFP
Stephen = XNFX

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If you can't tell that Jon Stewart is an ENTP, read up on your MBTI a bit more before attempting to type people.

(Colbert is more difficult because he's always in character.)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wait, are we typing based on socionics or MBTI? (I kinda thought socionics because the TS put pictures up.)

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Wait, are we typing based on socionics or MBTI? (I kinda thought socionics because the TS put pictures up.)

Cough...MBTI Central. :D

Actually, any system you want, just specify.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, Jon Stewart is a socionics ENTp, but Colbert is a little harder because of his unclear expression. He seems to be an INTj, maybe ISTp, but I'm not sure. That's what I was basing my observations on.

(I actually never watched either. I don't watch much TV because I don't want anyone controlling my mind.)

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
(I actually never watched either. I don't watch much TV because I don't want anyone controlling my mind.)

That's why you line your cap with tin foil, silly.

The kind you smelt on your own, though! Everybody knows the foil you buy at the store is all full of queer dust from those communist fagot space aliens.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
You need to see JS up against an NT to see that he's an NF. Watch him interview another ENFP (Jake Gyllenhaal comes to mind) - extraverted intuitive riffing up the yin yang. And it's all in good fun.

He's too easy-going and willing to compromise to be ENTP - yes he's an avid reader and asks tough questions. But he's not a toughie. But he doesn't have that ENTP brilliance I've seen.

Biggest tip-off he's an NF? That high-pitched anxious laugh. That's a dead giveaway.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Jon Stewart is ENTP. Steven Colbert I think is INTP, but I'm less certain about him than I am about Jon Stewart.

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Interesting. So the idea is Jon Stewart is ENXP whereas Stephen Colbert is INTX. I could agree with that. Personally I'm leaning toward JS being an ENFP. INTJs are usually sardonic in their humor, not sarcastic, so I'm leaning toward INTP for Colbert.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I dunno... have you seen Colbert's "monkey on a lamb" bit? And what about his broken wrist? The guy is silly... that is silly whimsical non-cutting NF humor. If his character is all an act, has anyone actually seen him interviewed, just as himself?

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
Here he is out of character.

YouTube - Stephen Colbert shmoozes about Jon Stewart

He seems so different its scary. So quiet and intellectual.

:offtopic:

I read up on him some. Here is something that seems kind of scary.

On September 11, 1974, when he was 10, Colbert's father and two brothers died in the crash of an Eastern Airlines flight. The plane went down because the crew was engaged in an unnecessary conversation during the approach phase of the flight, discussing subjects "ranging from politics to used cars"

Wow, irony is a bitch. :shock:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I dunno... have you seen Colbert's "monkey on a lamb" bit? And what about his broken wrist? The guy is silly... that is silly whimsical non-cutting NF humor. If his character is all an act, has anyone actually seen him interviewed, just as himself?

Woah!
Don't take away my rightful claim to silly humor just because I'm an NT.

marm

MBTI Type
INFP
Woah!
Don't take away my rightful claim to silly humor just because I'm an NT.

I don't know about his type, but silly humor is mostly about NP. Most NFPs do have a lighter less acerbic silliness than most NTPs. However, many ENTPs can be more playfully silly than an INFP for instance because their dominant Ne is how they're relating to the world. Plus, an ENTP has Fe as a tertiary which lightens up the biting edge of Ti.

ygolo

My termites win
Interesting. So the idea is Jon Stewart is ENXP whereas Stephen Colbert is INTX. I could agree with that. Personally I'm leaning toward JS being an ENFP. INTJs are usually sardonic in their humor, not sarcastic, so I'm leaning toward INTP for Colbert.

I agree with these assessments.

I think you will see more ENFP in Jon Stewart when you see his younger clips.

He seems more idealist that rational.

I watch these shoes semi-regularly, and followed The/A Daily Show even back when Craig Kilborn hosted it. They're hilarious. Bush becoming president was the best thing to happen to Stewart.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Jon stewert is probably an _NTJ or _SFP. Introverted feeling, extraverted thinking, extraverted sensing, and introverted intuition (which is why I don't mind how seemingly imprecise this guess is)
Anyway, I really SUSPECT that John Stewart is an _NTJ. He seems to have so much extraverted thinking, along with a (partially secret?) attention to his physical appearance.

Turbinado

MBTI Type
INTP
And Colbert in character is... ESFJ? ESTJ? Don't laugh at me, I'm new to this.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I agree with these assessments.

I think you will see more ENFP in Jon Stewart when you see his younger clips.

He seems more idealist that rational.

I watch these shoes semi-regularly, and followed The/A Daily Show even back when Craig Kilborn hosted it. They're hilarious. Bush becoming president was the best thing to happen to Stewart.

If Jon Stewart is not an ENTP, than neither am I. He and I are extremely similar.