User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 89

  1. #61
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    I think Stewart's an ENTP, at least from what I've seen of him on his show. I hear that Colbert is a completely different guy than his show, and on his show, he seems ENTJish.

  2. #62
    Senior Member Ruthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ?
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I think Stewart's an ENTP, at least from what I've seen of him on his show. I hear that Colbert is a completely different guy than his show, and on his show, he seems ENTJish.
    Where do you get NT for Stewart?

    I could see NT for Colbert, although I might lean I over E from what I've heard. I could see either P/J though - no opinion there.

  3. #63
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    I think Colbert is XNFP. Whenever his Fi is violated (usually because of religious opposition), his character starts to shed off. However, because he usually just stares and the interviewee and doesn't put up much of I fight, I'm leaning toward INFP. Of course, his behavior could just be due to the fact that he has to keep interviews rolling.

    His whole gig is so passive aggressive that it's genius. He's his own straw man, and this makes me think he's an NF.

    On the other hand, I think Jon Stewart is an XNTP, most likely an INTP. His reasoning is very articulated, and I think he shows a constant use of Ti. And of course he uses Ne. The way he can manipulate the crowd makes me think he may be ENTP.

    Am I the only one who gets the distinct vibe that he is manipulating the crowd to diffuse tense moments?

    I feel dirty when I type someone as my own type. I hate to fall prey to the Forer effect.

  4. #64
    Senior Member Ruthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ?
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    And of course he uses Ne.
    I don't know if that's such an "of course" thing. He deals very much in "what is" rather than what "could be." He loves to take apart theorists (ever see him interview Bill Kristol or another neocon? He pokes holes in their arguments by introducing reality, not by offering a contrasting theory.) He's detective-like in his ability to ferret out facts and spot contradictions and hypocrisy. His humor comes from stating the obvious, not the absurd. Also, there's just too much of an awareness of his immediate surroundings to suggest Ne.

  5. #65
    Babylon Candle Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
    I don't know if that's such an "of course" thing. He deals very much in "what is" rather than what "could be." He loves to take apart theorists (ever see him interview Bill Kristol or another neocon? He pokes holes in their arguments by introducing reality, not by offering a contrasting theory.) He's detective-like in his ability to ferret out facts and spot contradictions and hypocrisy. His humor comes from stating the obvious, not the absurd. Also, there's just too much of an awareness of his immediate surroundings to suggest Ne.
    so is he an N with S? or an S with Fe?

    he doesnt seem ENTJ or ESFJ...so im lost

  6. #66
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
    Where do you get NT for Stewart?

    I could see NT for Colbert, although I might lean I over E from what I've heard. I could see either P/J though - no opinion there.
    Well, again that's just an overall impression. I've watched the show a little, and he has that NT sort of humor. Not 100% sure at all.

  7. #67
    Senior Member hokie912's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    271

    Default

    I think this interview is the best evidence that Colbert is INFP: Stephen Colbert on Charlie Rose
    The way Stephen speaks about what he does reminds me of my favorite stage actor, who is also very likely INFP.

    Also, I adore Charlie Rose.

  8. #68
    Dreaming the life onemoretime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthie View Post
    I don't know if that's such an "of course" thing. He deals very much in "what is" rather than what "could be." He loves to take apart theorists (ever see him interview Bill Kristol or another neocon? He pokes holes in their arguments by introducing reality, not by offering a contrasting theory.) He's detective-like in his ability to ferret out facts and spot contradictions and hypocrisy. His humor comes from stating the obvious, not the absurd. Also, there's just too much of an awareness of his immediate surroundings to suggest Ne.
    I'd say more from stating the actual implications of what is being presented to him rather than taking the bullshit at face value. That's very Ne.

    Stewart's at his best when he's deconstructing someone else's argument based on a throwaway comment they wish they had never uttered

  9. #69
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    It's hard to type someone who is usually reading a script or playing a character, but I think Stewart seems like an EXTJ and Colbert an INTP playing an ESTJ.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  10. #70
    Senior Member Rebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    I'd say more from stating the actual implications of what is being presented to him rather than taking the bullshit at face value. That's very Ne.

    Stewart's at his best when he's deconstructing someone else's argument based on a throwaway comment they wish they had never uttered


    I always thought Jon Stewart is ENTP. I think most of us agree on Ne as being his dominant. Compared to Bill Maher who is ... ENTP? INTJ? INTP?

Similar Threads

  1. Stephen Colbert Officially Typed On The Late Night Show As INFP!
    By CarolineForbes in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-22-2015, 07:09 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 06:37 PM
  3. Identical Types Amongst Siblings and/or Offspring?
    By FrisbeeLad in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 07:30 PM
  4. Type Me (New and Improved With Marmite Flavour!)
    By Tigerlily in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 12:46 AM
  5. Typing the US and England
    By Xander in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 07:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO