User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I'm 95% sure on INFP, for the record. Hang out with an INFP friend, then watch a Colbert interview on YouTube, tell me I'm wrong.

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Stewart: ENTP
    Colbert: INFP who plays EXTJ
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    ENFP

Colbert is hard to call, but I was thinking along the lines of....ENTP or ENFP? Stewart comes off as an ENTP. I would like to know!
    Om–ba–ara–minaya–sabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

If Cobert is an introvert then what praytell does an extrovert look like? Cobert's humor is based on puns, word play, and toying with logic like a syllogism on silly putty. He entraps all his guests with his plays on logic to trap them in their own statements. He is the master of that sort of mind game. He jumps between ideas so rapidly that precious few can keep up. That defines Ne-Ti from what I understand of it.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    If Cobert is an introvert then what praytell does an extrovert look like? Cobert's humor is based on puns, word play, and toying with logic like a syllogism on silly putty. He entraps all his guests with his plays on logic to trap them in their own statements. He is the master of that sort of mind game. He jumps between ideas so rapidly that precious few can keep up. That defines Ne-Ti from what I understand of it.
    I could make a case for Ne-Ti in every ISTJ I meet if I want. Why would I, though?

Colbert's INFP. Confidence doesn't imply extroversion.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Confidence doesn't imply extroversion.
    I don't really know enough about Colbert to peg him on type, but I agree with this statement for sure. I think both Leno and Letterman, to name two other television host examples, are also introverts, but they are very confident in their presentations on camera because they have practiced for many, many years of communicating this way.

My best guesses on those two by the way would be ISFJ for Leno and ISTP for Letterman.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Hmmm...I tend to think of Leno and Letterman as both extraverts, although I guess I could see them as introverts too now that I think about it. Johnny Carson was definitely an introvert and he was not lacking in confidence at all. (He's also considered arguably the best talk show host ever.)

As for Colbert, the character on the show is basically nothing like Colbert's actual personality. The image he portrayed when he was on The Daily Show and on other things is fairly different than his current character. My best guess is that he's INTP, but it's hard to be sure with him.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

I think Colbert is an INFP - he has been described as extremely thoughtful, reserved and quiet when he's not playing a character. INFPs tend to be really astute in noticing nuances and are better at expressing themselves through writing, and his career has, for the most part, involved both of these. I'm an INFP, and I find it incredibly easy to express myself in writing - especially satire - but it's nearly impossible to do so in person unless I'm consciously trying to "play a character." INFPs can be confident and outgoing as well - I certainly am! But inside my heart it's a different story. I often wonder if INFPs all have a thread of tragedy in their lives that make us this way.

MBTI
    ?

Don't know the specific types, but I'd be willing to bet Stewart is an S and Colbert an N.

Stewart looks at what politicians or journalists say, what they've said before, and what they do and instantly spots the hypocrisy. The humor comes from the fact that he is so carefully attuned to reality that it makes everything else look absurd by comparison.

Different with Colbert. There's an absurdity to his routine: he plays a character, he bounces around topics, works in comic books and fantasy, there's more of an overall mocking of the system as a whole (media, government, nationalism...) than a Stewart-esque skewering based on the details. In that way, Stewart is the heir of Jerry Seinfeld while Colbert channels Steve Martin.

P.S. It's kinda fun resurrecting dead threads...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yeah guys, watch the Today show interview with Colbert. Whatsherface, an intj, does her type's typical infp induced melting job. He has a big mouth, sure, but he's way more subtle than an entp would generally be.

thinking of you