User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Jon Stewart is ENTP. Steven Colbert I think is INTP, but I'm less certain about him than I am about Jon Stewart.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    OMNi

Interesting. So the idea is Jon Stewart is ENXP whereas Stephen Colbert is INTX. I could agree with that. Personally I'm leaning toward JS being an ENFP. INTJs are usually sardonic in their humor, not sarcastic, so I'm leaning toward INTP for Colbert.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

I dunno... have you seen Colbert's "monkey on a lamb" bit? And what about his broken wrist? The guy is silly... that is silly whimsical non-cutting NF humor. If his character is all an act, has anyone actually seen him interviewed, just as himself?

MBTI
    OMNi

Here he is out of character.

YouTube - Stephen Colbert shmoozes about Jon Stewart

He seems so different its scary. So quiet and intellectual.

I read up on him some. Here is something that seems kind of scary.

On September 11, 1974, when he was 10, Colbert's father and two brothers died in the crash of an Eastern Airlines flight. The plane went down because the crew was engaged in an unnecessary conversation during the approach phase of the flight, discussing subjects "ranging from politics to used cars"

Wow, irony is a bitch.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    I dunno... have you seen Colbert's "monkey on a lamb" bit? And what about his broken wrist? The guy is silly... that is silly whimsical non-cutting NF humor. If his character is all an act, has anyone actually seen him interviewed, just as himself?
    Woah!
    Don't take away my rightful claim to silly humor just because I'm an NT.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Woah!
    Don't take away my rightful claim to silly humor just because I'm an NT.
    I don't know about his type, but silly humor is mostly about NP. Most NFPs do have a lighter less acerbic silliness than most NTPs. However, many ENTPs can be more playfully silly than an INFP for instance because their dominant Ne is how they're relating to the world. Plus, an ENTP has Fe as a tertiary which lightens up the biting edge of Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Interesting. So the idea is Jon Stewart is ENXP whereas Stephen Colbert is INTX. I could agree with that. Personally I'm leaning toward JS being an ENFP. INTJs are usually sardonic in their humor, not sarcastic, so I'm leaning toward INTP for Colbert.
    I agree with these assessments.

I think you will see more ENFP in Jon Stewart when you see his younger clips.

He seems more idealist that rational.

I watch these shoes semi-regularly, and followed The/A Daily Show even back when Craig Kilborn hosted it. They're hilarious. Bush becoming president was the best thing to happen to Stewart.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENTP

Jon stewert is probably an _NTJ or _SFP. Introverted feeling, extraverted thinking, extraverted sensing, and introverted intuition (which is why I don't mind how seemingly imprecise this guess is)
    Anyway, I really SUSPECT that John Stewart is an _NTJ. He seems to have so much extraverted thinking, along with a (partially secret?) attention to his physical appearance.

MBTI
    INTP

And Colbert in character is... ESFJ? ESTJ? Don't laugh at me, I'm new to this.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I agree with these assessments.

I think you will see more ENFP in Jon Stewart when you see his younger clips.

He seems more idealist that rational.

I watch these shoes semi-regularly, and followed The/A Daily Show even back when Craig Kilborn hosted it. They're hilarious. Bush becoming president was the best thing to happen to Stewart.
    If Jon Stewart is not an ENTP, than neither am I. He and I are extremely similar.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com