• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Karl Pilkington from An Idiot Abroad

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
gotta be INTP

Last edited by a moderator:

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think I agree; he's an excellent example of MBTI stereotypes not always fitting (the stupid INTP).

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
yeah i heard his iq was 83. now i feel bad for laughing at him

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
ISTP I thought, he reminds me of one I know. Could be INTP though I guess. Clearly Ti dom.

They say his IQ is 83 but either this is a lie or it shows the worthlessness of IQ tests, because he became a fucking production manager at a radio station and has a wife.

I think his persona is an exaggeration too.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Having a wife is not equivalent to being intelligent.

I think his personality may be exaggerated, but I don't think it's entirely a fabrication.

Tom

MBTI Type
Jipe
Enneagram
Memb
INTP makes sense I suppose, but my first guess was ISTJ. He's wacky, but he's also very practical, ridiculously so at times; that's where a lot of the humour seems to come from. All I've seen of him though is The Ricky Gervais Show and I'm not entirely sure how genuine he's being.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
maybe intj then, with the practicality. he does talk about "things" more than abstract things though.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Give an example of his practicality? He has a lot of half-baked ideas about how to make things better, but they're usually impossible to implement, nor does he have even marginal interest in figuring out how to implement them. He seems to spend a majority of time just sort of looking at and thinking about bugs (something he talks about constantly, especially in later seasons) or going on holidays where he doesn't seem to do anything at all. Additionally, he seems to despise any kind of structure or pre-scheduling to the point that he gets irritated that Valentine's Day or Christmas occur on a certain, universal day each year instead of just when ever is good for him. He's also vehemently indecisive, and constantly complains that there's too many choices facing people, to the degree he can't even manage a trip to the supermarket on his own (such as the time he made his extremely sick girlfriend go with him so he wouldn't have to choose the groceries).

I think he's pretty P.

Tom

MBTI Type
Jipe
Enneagram
Memb
When they asked him which superpower he'd have if he could have any, he hesitated for a while, aksing why and why him. Then he chose invisibility so he could sneak into shops before they closed to already be there when they opened so he could buy something before anyone else got there. It seemed like an ultra-practical approach to the question to me. Also, a few of his anecdotes have involved maintenance/DIY. I haven't seen that much of him though, maybe four or five episodes of the new series, so INTP's probably right.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
He's no J. His relfections are completely Ti (taking things apart to find out hwo they work and coming up with definitions explanations). I don't see any Te (organizing external environment according to logically defined principles).

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
been watchin some more and I agree he's probably INTP.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Karl from An Idiot Abroad

Im quite a fan of this show and spin offs. Amazing how it revolves around one guy who is supposedly "a moron". To me he just seems to state the obvious (which is funny) and he is very shelteed/used to routine somhe is easily incredulous to the point he accepts every wild and crazy situation and is unfazed by super ridiculous situations Ricky vervains puts him in. He says whatever is on his mind.

What type do you think Karl is?

I say INTP. :thelook: :D

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I LOVE Karl!!! I've had this discussion before and I believe he's an ISTP, but it's really not easy to say, as part of his persona is an act. He's a comedian as well.

I have an enormous crush on Stephen Merchant!

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
Just watch this video:

The guy's a clear introverted thinker just based on the fact that he digs way deeper into detail, and creates hypothetical scenarios often. I lean INTP.

And it's been said the guy actually is for real, and isn't really a comedian. Or, his thoughts were so absurdedly funny, and that forced him into a comedy category.

I

Infinite Bubble

Karl Pilkington

Star of the Ricky Gervais Show, along with appearing on An Idiot Abroad. He is genuinely funny without meaning to be, and no, I don't think he puts on the act, even though some think otherwise. A quick internet search shows that INTP is the prevailing opinion, but I'd like to see what people here think of him. If you're familiar with the show, it would be interesting to figure out what Ricky Gervais' and Stephen Merchant's types are (the former probably ENTx, and the latter I've got no idea). Some videos that might show off his way of thinking:

V

violaine

Lol, my god. Haven't seen the first clip before. Um, maybe ISTP? I could def see INTP for him too though. ENTP for Ricky Gervais.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I think he's said some stupid things, but then he'll relinquish a golden gem or be so entirely ordinary with his conclusion (although his process is littered with mis-steps and/or a need to shut up) that I wouldn't jump to call the man dumb. The man doesn't smile much; he is doing well, why doesn't the man smirk?

Anna Jorovic

MBTI Type
INTP
I think Karl Pilkington could well be INTP. Not all INTPs make complete sense, especially if they aren't open to external information (weak Ne) - just look at Descartes' philosophy, for an example of a nonsensical INTP.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think he's nearly as stupid as people think. Occasionally he comes out with some meaningful, profound insights.

I

Infinite Bubble

I don't think he's nearly as stupid as people think. Occasionally he comes out with some meaningful, profound insights.

I find myself agreeing with Karl most of the time on the Ricky Gervais Show, regardless of how much of an idiot he's supposed to be. He just lacks education and the ability to articulate his thoughts clearly at times.