User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

been watchin some more and I agree he's probably INTP.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    GONE

Default Karl from An Idiot Abroad

Im quite a fan of this show and spin offs. Amazing how it revolves around one guy who is supposedly "a moron". To me he just seems to state the obvious (which is funny) and he is very shelteed/used to routine somhe is easily incredulous to the point he accepts every wild and crazy situation and is unfazed by super ridiculous situations Ricky vervains puts him in. He says whatever is on his mind.

What type do you think Karl is?

I say INTP.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I LOVE Karl!!! I've had this discussion before and I believe he's an ISTP, but it's really not easy to say, as part of his persona is an act. He's a comedian as well.

I have an enormous crush on Stephen Merchant!

undergoing self-analysis louiesgonnadie's Avatar

Just watch this video:

The guy's a clear introverted thinker just based on the fact that he digs way deeper into detail, and creates hypothetical scenarios often. I lean INTP.

And it's been said the guy actually is for real, and isn't really a comedian. Or, his thoughts were so absurdedly funny, and that forced him into a comedy category.

Infinite Bubble

Default Karl Pilkington

Star of the Ricky Gervais Show, along with appearing on An Idiot Abroad. He is genuinely funny without meaning to be, and no, I don't think he puts on the act, even though some think otherwise. A quick internet search shows that INTP is the prevailing opinion, but I'd like to see what people here think of him. If you're familiar with the show, it would be interesting to figure out what Ricky Gervais' and Stephen Merchant's types are (the former probably ENTx, and the latter I've got no idea). Some videos that might show off his way of thinking:

violaine

Lol, my god. Haven't seen the first clip before. Um, maybe ISTP? I could def see INTP for him too though. ENTP for Ricky Gervais.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I think he's said some stupid things, but then he'll relinquish a golden gem or be so entirely ordinary with his conclusion (although his process is littered with mis-steps and/or a need to shut up) that I wouldn't jump to call the man dumb. The man doesn't smile much; he is doing well, why doesn't the man smirk?
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    INTP

I think Karl Pilkington could well be INTP. Not all INTPs make complete sense, especially if they aren't open to external information (weak Ne) - just look at Descartes' philosophy, for an example of a nonsensical INTP.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

I don't think he's nearly as stupid as people think. Occasionally he comes out with some meaningful, profound insights.

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    I don't think he's nearly as stupid as people think. Occasionally he comes out with some meaningful, profound insights.
    I find myself agreeing with Karl most of the time on the Ricky Gervais Show, regardless of how much of an idiot he's supposed to be. He just lacks education and the ability to articulate his thoughts clearly at times.