• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can you type abstractions?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The concept of schadenfreude = ENTP

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Typing abstractions is amazingly fun.
I'm currently working out an essay in my head about how Japanese culture is comprised of a wacky ENTP/ISFJ duality - it has both the out-there, off-the-wall ,exploratory sensibilities of ENTP (as well as a propensity towards innovation and invention in a technological, information-based way), and the focus on duty , tradition, tranquility, politeness, hospitality, respect, etc. of ISFJ.

I find your reference to the culture as ENTP and ISFJ intriguing. One is the shadow of the other.

The Japanese culture is both narrow and deep. But would you call it an ENTP with the ISFJ shadow, or the ISFJ enacting the ENTP shadow?

Edit: hey! Mind doing a noob introduction for yourself on the welcome threads? :yes:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Typing abstractions is amazingly fun.
I'm currently working out an essay in my head about how Japanese culture is comprised of a wacky ENTP/ISFJ duality - it has both the out-there, off-the-wall ,exploratory sensibilities of ENTP (as well as a propensity towards innovation and invention in a technological, information-based way), and the focus on duty , tradition, tranquility, politeness, hospitality, respect, etc. of ISFJ.

I'm not sure about the specific MBTI types you suggest, but I certainly see the duality. This presumably comes from their long developed culture being dozed over by a very different, foreign culture.

You must adapt to survive, but old habits die hard.