User Tag List

View Poll Results: what's holly golightly's enneagram type?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll

7 53.85%

4 30.77%
  • other (explain in thread)

2 15.38%
12 Last

Default Holly Golightly - Three or Seven? and her MBTI type?

What enneagram type is Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's?

She was given as good example of Three in S.Maitri's book... but I saw her listed on all other places as Seven!!! First when I watched the movie I thought of her as Seven, when I read she is Three, it made sense and it was good example how 3 can look like 7. 3 plans and is enthusiastic about many things because it will make her look good, how she imagined the "successful" person is. Holly Golightly wanted money and social status, what's unclear did she wanted that so she can look good (3), or merely for enjoying all benefits that social status+money gives (7)?
    was she running from pain (7) or was she running from herself (3)? Here I'd put on 3 because she said "she's not old Holly (or whatever her name was), she's not that girl" - which indicates she wanted to change her identity (3).

Other interesting thing in this movie to me is that her MBTI type isnt very obvious [she could be NFP but i think it wasnt clear]. It makes sense in movies where characters are not developed, but she has many characteristics enough to be "typical 3" or "typical 7". This kind of confirms theory about MBTI - Enneagram relation where Enneagram is defense system and in unhealthy people E-type characteristics are more aparent than MBTI, and more person healthy is she acts more like her MBTI type and E-type only "colours" her personality.
    Of course this is just a movie so not perfect for analyisis.
    Likes Tiny Dancer liked this post

DAMN. I dont know how this thread ended in NF idylic. I meant to put it in Enneagram forum. Can moderators please put it there? thanks!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I think Holly Golightly is most likely Type 3. And she comes across as ENFP (I'm not sure of her type, been a while since I watched the film). My sister is ENFP and Type 3 and she often reminds me of Holly But I have only watched the film, I haven't read the book by Truman Capote (although I plan to).
    "Dad I can't feel my legs."

"That's because you don't have any arms."

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

^ Awww... I was hoping you were going to say she was a type 1 INFJ!
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I read on one of the INFP profile pages that she was INFP...or maybe I'm confusign it with ENFP...Agh...But, I haven't seen "Breakfast at Tiffany's" or read the book...so I can't really help you. lol.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by musicnerd93 View Post
    I read on one of the INFP profile pages that she was INFP...or maybe I'm confusign it with ENFP...Agh...But, I haven't seen "Breakfast at Tiffany's" or read the book...so I can't really help you. lol.
    she definitely, an E not I.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    DAMN. I dont know how this thread ended in NF idylic. I meant to put it in Enneagram forum. Can moderators please put it there? thanks!
    I would, except it belongs in pop culture and types. So moved.

Also, if people want to bring something to madmin attention, use the report button or PM one of us

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Capote's Holly was modeled after ESFP Marilyn Monroe, but in the film she came off more as an NFP because Audrey Hepburn is INFP. Either way, I think Holly Golightly is a 3 (specifically 3w4 sx). 3's understand, and often analyze, appearances and deceit in themselves and thus can detect it easily in others. They are also heart types: compassionate, gentle, and optimistic. I see Holly as more feeling-oriented than thinking in both the book and film.

MBTI
    ENFP

Hmm... If it comes to tritype 3 and 7 are definitely apart of it.
    I always had a 7 vibe coming from her because she reminds me of a bird that doesn't want to be caged. It looks like she's hungry for all life has to offer her because she's scared of something--I'm not sure if that's pain or who she really was so it's tough to say :| The way she navigates a party could be 3 or 7; she's charming enough but also looks like she gets a kick out of everything she does.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    ENFP

And oh my gosh! She was based on Marilyn Monroe? :') I actually could see that... I remember I thought Marilyn would suit Holly better than Audrey would because they were so similar; I agree that Marilyn would have made Holly more like an ESFP while Audrey gave her an ENFP personality--which I prefer
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss