User Tag List

View Poll Results: what's holly golightly's enneagram type?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll

7 53.85%

4 30.77%
  • other (explain in thread)

2 15.38%
First 12

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    And oh my gosh! She was based on Marilyn Monroe? :') I actually could see that... I remember I thought Marilyn would suit Holly better than Audrey would because they were so similar; I agree that Marilyn would have made Holly more like an ESFP while Audrey gave her an ENFP personality--which I prefer
    Yeah, Truman Capote wrote the book with Marilyn Monroe in mind and wanted her to play the part in the film adaption. However, I think Audrey was 100x more interesting in the part than Marilyn Monroe would have been. Its a great example of the benefits of casting against type.

I said 7 but the arguments for 3 make some sense. She does live behind a facade and lacks a strong sense of identity but 3s are more purposeful in their pursuit of success. I think Holly is less interested in success and more in the freedom to enjoy the pleasures of life. Its not high achievement she pursues but the benefits that come from it - success is just a means to an end for her. I think she has the spontaneous, fun loving, scattered, optimistic nature of a 7 - she's not serious and focused enough to be a 3.

I'm still inclined to say ENFP 7w6 so/sx. Here's a good 7w6 description that really seems to fit Holly:

7w6s are less grounded and more visibly anxious. They are more manic. They are much more prone to bipolar personality disorder. They are mercurial and endearing. They tend to be more amiable and friendly. They are natural peter pan types who never grow up. They are the more childlike side of seven. They are more creative and fantastical. They are more excited about life and never stop dreaming. They have an attitude of wide-eyed wonderment towards the world. They are prone to blurring the distinction between fantasy and reality. They are much more "pie in the sky" thinkers. They believe in "potential" and that is a big theme in their lives. They believe in potential in others and pockets of potential in the world. They believe the "holy grail" is out there somewhere and it's just a matter of finding it. They are more likely to chase their own tail. They lack the pragmatism and realism of their seven-wing-eight siblings.

7w6s feel more of a need to "check in" with others. Their six wing gives them a need to establish "solidarity" with people they care about. They care about how they are seen. The dense party animal stereotype offends them more. They don't like to be taken for granted as someone who is happy all the time and doesn't have problems. They want to be seen as someone who has depth of personality. They want to be seen as someone who is also "human" and can relate to how you are feeling. Their six wing causes them to be awed and apalled. They have more highs and lows. They have a good-natured sense of humor and are more natural entertainers. They tend to be funny more than they are characters.

7w6s tend to fear getting "trapped" in a rut as opposed to stuck in a rut. Their six wing makes them more likely to feel defeatism and despair. They admit to themselves the rut has "got" them in some way. They can see the walls closing in and becoming more trapped if they don't do something.
    Source
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

She is exactly chasing success - an image of successful woman, the one who got married and is rich and
    "accomplished" in traditional sense. She has a vision; IMAGE, of what is the "right" and happy way to be and chases it. 7s dont have image that they follow, they follow happy excining plans without "ending result"... but Holly is chasing a goal, she is goal oriented... I think 3. And Maitri gave her as best example of a 3

Movie would suck if Marilyn played Holly.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Chloé View Post
    She is exactly chasing success - an image of successful woman, the one who got married and is rich and
    "accomplished" in traditional sense. She has a vision; IMAGE, of what is the "right" and happy way to be and chases it. 7s dont have image that they follow, they follow happy excining plans without "ending result"... but Holly is chasing a goal, she is goal oriented... I think 3. And Maitri gave her as best example of a 3

Movie would suck if Marilyn played Holly.
    I don't know, she never seems very committed to that goal. She does the bare minimum to get by, then hightails it out of there. It seems she's more interested in a chasing a fantasy than a goal.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

well its hard cos she is fictional and she could actually be a lucky mix between 7 and 3

if we only could ask her questions

now i will get all depressed that i will never meet her

like i always did with her, holden caufield, and many others

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

well its hard cos she is fictional and she could actually be a lucky mix between 7 and 3

if we only could ask her questions

now i will get all depressed that i will never meet her

like i always did with her, holden caufield, and many others
    Oh you get disappointed in characters not being real too

Perhaps the novella would have more insights. I haven't read it myself, how about you? Even then, I've heard the film version has cleaned up some aspects of the character, and Audrey Hepburn supposedly changed quite a bit about the Holly in order to better relate to her. She made her more in denial about it all, more haphazard and innocent, than conscious of and calculated in what she was doing.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

- Emily Bronte

nah i havent read the book. Maybe i should... for fun not for enneagram though i dont like to read much, cant focus.

i didnt perceive Holly as innocent at all - just very good at acting. "a real fake" like that guy in movie called her. very 3-is - believing your role.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

i didnt perceive Holly as innocent at all - just very good at acting. "a real fake" like that guy in movie called her. very 3-is - believing your role.
    Yeah, I mean in a self-delusional manner - she tells herself that she is.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

- Emily Bronte

MBTI
    ENFP

One thing is for sure: Holly was definitely running away from something. It could either be her shameful past life she tried to hard to destroy or pain of some sort. When Paul told her he loved her she acted as if she was "in that same situation before," or she at least anticipated such a proclamation, even dreading it. Maybe Holly is afraid of love itself because she doesn't want to be tied down, she wants to keep going with life. I'm not sure what her motivations are behind this but she was escaping a part of herself or her past.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss