• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rachel Ray

KDude

Drew Barrymore, Ashton Kutcher, Ellen Degeneres, and Ricki Lake and maybe Oprah are slightly better examples of ENFp. With drew and ashton and ellen being the funny Ne type, and Ricki and Oprah more serious Fi types. I think Fi types seem ENFJ in MBTI.

ENFP.gif

barrymore.jpg
kutcher2.jpg
degeneres.jpg

lakef.jpg
winfrey.jpg

Tiger Woods may be another EII believe it or not.

INFJ.gif

woods4.jpg

There's a sports MBTI guy who tested him, I think (Jon Neidnagel), and he came out MBTI INFP apparently. Could be a coincidence.

http://www.athletebraintypes.com/2007/08/beware-an-infp-.html

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
They look similar, with the F one being more smiley. But according to what she herself says, off camera, she both looks and acts more like this last one. I remember she once showed a clip of herself shopping, and she wasn't all made up, and she did look quote different, and could fit that last one.

How does this...

ESFJ.gif
rachel-ray-layered-hairstyle-daytime-emmy-awards-2009-750x1024-1.jpg

...look like this?

ESTP.gif
the_holiday_movie_image_jack_black__1_.jpg

The expression certainly isn't the only difference between the two, and Rachel Ray can smile or frown and she will still look ESFJ.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I can see it.

OT: Do you have any for infp, infj, enfp?

Sure. Here we go...

INFP: Tina Fey, John Lennon, Adrian Brody

INFP.gif
tina_fey_created30rock-3.jpg
wa890010.jpg
JohnLennon.jpg
New-Predator-Film-To-StarAdrien-Brody.jpg

INFJ: River Phoenix, Claire Danes, Dido, Sofia Coppola, Embeth Davidz

INFJ.gif
river-phoenix4.jpg
danes.jpg
dido-2006-clive-davis-pre-grammy-awards-party-1Vxwue.jpg
sofia1-sized.jpg
EmbethDavidtz.jpg

ENFP: Ellen Degeneres, Michael Moore, Owen Wilson, Rob Reiner, Sinbad, Andy Samberg

ENFP.gif
celeb-pet-ellen-degeneres.jpg
0_21_moore_michael.jpg
owen-wilson.jpg
reiner.jpg
190_sinbad.jpg
samberg1.jpg

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
KDude, I agree that Mia Wachichowska is INFJ, Ellen Degeneres is ENFP (pics of that in my last post), Angelina Jolie and Mira Aroyo are ISTP (I also added ISTP Megan Fox below for more reference), and Rose McGowan is ESFP. That said, I don't agree that Olivia Munn is ENFP (ISTP), that Ashton Kutcher is ENFP (ESTP), that Oprah is ENFP (ESFJ), that Ricki Lake is ENFP (ESTJ), or that Tiger Woods is INFJ (ISFP.) I don't know what the hell Drew Barrymore is, though I suppose I could possibly see ENFP. Have a look.

INFJ:

INFJ.gif
178147-mia-wasikowska.jpg

ISTP:

ISTP.gif
jolie.jpg
1406_con_ladytron-2.jpg
Megan-fox-one1.jpg
OliviaMunnScarvesPatternedScarfOQGGihC-GbHl.jpg

ESFP:

ESFP.gif
Rose-McGowan.jpg

ESTP:

ESTP.gif
ashton_kutcher.jpg

ESFJ:

ESFJ.gif
oprah_winfrey.jpg

ESTJ:

ESTJ.gif
Celebrity_3393.jpg

ISFP:

ISFP.gif
tiger_woods_06_target_61.jpg

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How does this...

ESFJ.gif
rachel-ray-layered-hairstyle-daytime-emmy-awards-2009-750x1024-1.jpg

...look like this?

ESTP.gif

The expression certainly isn't the only difference between the two, and Rachel Ray can smile or frown and she will still look ESFJ.
Well, it's more than simply a smile or frown. Again, I have seen at least one clip of her not made up, and she did look a bit different. As does Oprah (who in real life looks more like any other older black lady you might see somewhere).

I see now that this whole "type by face" thing is being taken a bit more serious than I thought, with Socionics being evoked and all, and I know they advocate that. (They go even further than that, into body type/posture, etc). But I believe that's just their peculiar idea, and the types don't even always line up with MBTI.

While you can get an idea of a person's Interaction Style by looking at their facial expressions over time, it can be taken too far, especially when deciding between similar types. ESFP and ESTP are close, as are ESFP and ESFJ. They are all expressive, and at least part "Sanguine", so if you see them when they are smiling and friendly, they may look the same.

I watch her everyday, and I don't see how anyone could think she is J. You're probably seeing tertiary Fe, again. Like on Jenocyde's blog, we were just comparing ENTP and ESFJ, and she acknowledges being similar to ESFJ because of the tertiary Fe. And in person, she was bright and smiley like that.
Like KDude said, it's a "girly" thing and the tertiary already tends to "inflate" itself as it is.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Well, it's more than simply a smile or frown. Again, I have seen at least one clip of her not made up, and she did look a bit different. As does Oprah (who in real life looks more like any other older black lady you might see somewhere).

Unless she magically grows a heavy, flat lower jaw as soon as she removes her makeup (not to mention an entirely different head shape), I'm really not convinced. And I do not understand the pertinence of your comment about Oprah. She "looks like any other black lady you might see somewhere?" What is your point? I wasn't calling her ESFJ because I thought she looked particularly special...

I see now that this whole "type by face" thing is being taken a bit more serious than I thought, with Socionics being evoked and all, and I know they advocate that. (They go even further than that, into body type/posture, etc). But I believe that's just their peculiar idea, and the types don't even always line up with MBTI.

And what is the basis of your belief? The only reason types don't "line up" is because self-described members of various MBTI types claim that they are a different type in socionics. You interpret this as meaning that the systems are not (overall) equivalent. It could just as easily be that those people are simply mistyped in one or both of the systems.

While you can get an idea of a person's Interaction Style by looking at their facial expressions over time, it can be taken too far, especially when deciding between similar types. ESFP and ESTP are close, as are ESFP and ESFJ. They are all expressive, and at least part "Sanguine", so if you see them when they are smiling and friendly, they may look the same.

I don't think those types look all that similar. It's not only expression, like I said, but overall face shape and proportions.

I watch her everyday, and I don't see how anyone could think she is J. You're probably seeing tertiary Fe, again. Like on Jenocyde's blog, we were just comparing ENTP and ESFJ, and she acknowledges being similar to ESFJ because of the tertiary Fe. And in person, she was bright and smiley like that.
Like KDude said, it's a "girly" thing and the tertiary already tends to "inflate" itself as it is.

You're privileging your own "knowledge" of what an ESFJ acts like, which can have no possible anchor in reality because typing based on behavior is indeterminate. And even if it weren't, your rationalization of overt Fe behavior as being the result of tertiary Fe is simply that...a rationalization. If behavior is the marker, and someone behaves like an ESFJ, then they are most likely ESFJ and not EXTP with really high "girly" Fe.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unless she magically grows a heavy, flat lower jaw as soon as she removes her makeup (not to mention an entirely different head shape), I'm really not convinced. And I do not understand the pertinence of your comment about Oprah. She "looks like any other black lady you might see somewhere?" What is your point? I wasn't calling her ESFJ because I thought she looked particularly special...
I don't think those types look all that similar. It's not only expression, like I said, but overall face shape and proportions.

You're privileging your own "knowledge" of what an ESFJ acts like, which can have no possible anchor in reality because typing based on behavior is indeterminate.

And even if it weren't, your rationalization of overt Fe behavior as being the result of tertiary Fe is simply that...a rationalization. If behavior is the marker, and someone behaves like an ESFJ, then they are most likely ESFJ and not EXTP with really high "girly" Fe.

So we can't use behavior in typing, but we can use facial bone structure?:shock: I'm sorry; but that makes absolutely no sense to me at all. Personality is not connected to physical body parts.
You can look at facial expressions to get a possible idea, but not the bone structure. What does one have to do with the other at all?

And doesn't the other picture have a heavier flatter jaw because he's a guy?

(What I meant about Oprah is that all the makeup they wear can even make the face look like a different shape; hiding bumps, fat, etc. But I see you're really serious about this bone structure thing, but I just don't believe that has anything to do with type).
And what is the basis of your belief? The only reason types don't "line up" is because self-described members of various MBTI types claim that they are a different type in socionics. You interpret this as meaning that the systems are not (overall) equivalent. It could just as easily be that those people are simply mistyped in one or both of the systems.
Because descriptions are different, from what some say. (both types and functions). And if you're serious about jawbones and such; that is surely a totally different system.
If that is true, then they shouldn't use questionnaires to figure type; they should use a physical examination!

Last edited:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
So we can't use behavior in typing, but we can use facial bone structure?:shock: I'm sorry; but that makes absolutely no sense to me at all. Personality is not connected to physical body parts.
You can look at facial expressions to get a possible idea, but not the bone structure. What does one have to do with the other at all?

And doesn't the other picture have a heavier flatter jaw because he's a guy?

(What I meant about Oprah is that all the makeup they wear can even make the face look like a different shape; hiding bumps, fat, etc. But I see you're really serious about this bone structure thing, but I just don't believe that has anything to do with type).
Because descriptions are different, from what some say. (both types and functions). And if you're serious about jawbones and such; that is surely a totally different system.
If that is true, then they shouldn't use questionnaires to figure type; they should use a physical examination!

I'm just saying that both ways of typing are indeterminate, so you have no reason to privilege the behavioral-observational method over anything else. And that's fine if you have some sort of prejudice against VI, but don't make it sound like it's any crazier than typing by personally interpreting the bits and pieces of behavior that we're able to observe of celebrities (i.e., total strangers.) Your claim is that you can't see how a connection between personality and facial structure could exist, therefore none does. How is that a good argument?

And no, the lower jaw is NOT heavier and flatter simply because he's a guy. Look at Jennifer Coolidge. She matches the picture in the same way that Jack Black does.

ESTP.gif
coolidge.jpg
ashton_kutcher.jpg

Then look at Rachel Ray. She does not have the same pattern of features that these three have.

RachelRay-SGY-008656-1.jpg

I think that the proposed lack of equivalence between socionics and MBTI types is a misconception. The end result is that an ESTj still sounds pretty much like an ESTJ, so even if the functional names and definitions used in the process of coming to the result are different, it really doesn't matter in the end. Why do the functions and their meanings have to be the same in both systems in order for the types to line up?

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
I'm just saying that both ways of typing are indeterminate, so you have no reason to privilege the behavioral-observational method over anything else. And that's fine if you have some sort of prejudice against VI, but don't make it sound like it's any crazier than typing by personally interpreting the bits and pieces of behavior that we're able to observe of celebrities (i.e., total strangers.) Your claim is that you can't see how a connection between personality and facial structure could exist, therefore none does. How is that a good argument?

And no, the lower jaw is NOT heavier and flatter simply because he's a guy. Look at Jennifer Coolidge. She matches the picture in the same way that Jack Black does.

ESTP.gif
coolidge.jpg
ashton_kutcher.jpg

Then look at Rachel Ray. She does not have the same pattern of features that these three have.

RachelRay-SGY-008656-1.jpg

I think that the proposed lack of equivalence between socionics and MBTI types is a misconception. The end result is that an ESTj still sounds pretty much like an ESTJ, so even if the functional names and definitions used in the process of coming to the result are different, it really doesn't matter in the end. Why do the functions and their meanings have to be the same in both systems in order for the types to line up?

You're right, the chin proves it. Even when she's not smiling the chin is prominent where it isn't with Jack, Jennifer, and Ashton.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because personality is shaped by the brain, and physical structure is not shaped by the brain, and is totally independent of personality. It can even be changed!

Can you tell me what factor would cause both a particular preference for different functions or temperament needs, and for the face and body to take a particular shape, and for this to always match.

Typing by behavior, while not perfect, is closer to the essence of what makes a person themselves. That's why I believe in the Multiple Model (cognitive, temperament, Interaction Styles), where the latter two are more behavior-based, but still directly correspond with the cognitive preferences.
So if a person is understimulated by the external environment, then they will tend to turn outward more, thus manifest "extroverted" behavior in approaching others, and their dominant function will be oriented outward. One is a clue of the other.
How does the shape of their bones figure in this?

ESTP.gif
coolidge.jpg
ashton_kutcher.jpg
Jack Black does look like that drawing, but I'm not seeing where the other two do. Their jaws look pointier. And they're at different angles at that.