User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by compulsiverambler View Post
    All traditions except a form of Tibetan Buddhism he used to practise himself called Dorje Shugden, which he now calls 'evil' and... but it doesn't look like I'm getting anywhere with this.
    Where is there to go?

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

All traditions except a form of Tibetan Buddhism he used to practise himself called Dorje Shugden, which he now calls 'evil' and... but it doesn't look like I'm getting anywhere with this.
    Well, what if it is evil?

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    Well, what if it is evil?
    That's a pretty big 'if'. Regardless, I never said I think that all religious traditions are 'valid' myself - I have little time for most religion so wouldn't care if that were his honest opinion - I just said the DL clearly doesn't either, despite what he on some occasions to some audiences likes to say.

It's his treatment of the sect's followers, especially considering he used to be one, and their innocent families that I recommend people research. We're usually fed a very selective biography of this man and of Tibet.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

That's a pretty big 'if'. Regardless, I never said I think that all religious traditions are 'valid' myself - I have little time for most religion so wouldn't care if that were his honest opinion - I just said the DL clearly doesn't either, despite what he on some occasions to some audiences likes to say.

It's his treatment of the sect's followers, especially considering he used to be one, and their innocent families that I recommend people research. We're usually fed a very selective biography of this man and of Tibet.
    It is your POV, so why not provide some links? In fact why don't you start your own thread on the issue.

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    It is your POV, so why not provide some links? In fact why don't you start your own thread on the issue.
    For what I imagine is the same reason no one else in the thread has done, even in the process of typing the man - that I've no patience to go back and find and link to a bunch of things I've read or watched before. It's far too much unnecessary work when everyone (except any Chinese members perhaps) has access to the same Internet.

However, for anyone who would like a link to get them started, I did leave one earlier in the thread to an article that mentioned the most controversial issues in just enough detail to make them easy to research further (which they already are, really).