User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

ISTP? I can see that.

I think ISTP is the ideal zen type. Introspective, in the here and now, free from desire, open.

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    My ISTP husband is suspicious of religion and its insitutions not spirituality.
    Well, being *the* Dalai Lama is kind of supporting an institution, I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by compulsiverambler View Post
    Most people don't. That's how he gets away with it.
    Hehe, I see there are many different opinions on his type, though people seem to see him as an I.

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    ISTP? I can see that.

I think ISTP is the ideal zen type. Introspective, in the here and now, free from desire, open.
    The Dalai Lama isn't from the Zen school, he's from the Tibetan school, and he's only masquerading behind it anyway.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by lastrailway View Post
    Well, being *the* Dalai Lama is kind of supporting an institution, I would think.
    I see no issues with him being an ISTP and a religious leader since it was ingrained into him as a child, it's part of his culture.

See point #4 of the OP. He doesn't really care for the religious 'trappings' personally but he is considered a spiritual person.

MBTI
    ISFP

It's silly to think a person cannot be T and also religious, I know a lot of them. Including an ISTP.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I like reading the post that question ISTP and religion? For myself and other ISTP's I've known, I agree they've not been religious people.

Growing up in a small town christian family and community, I found myself questioning the concepts from an early age. My continued participation during the teen years had much more to do with socializing and participating in activities with others my age vs. anything.

Most of the ISTP's I've known held a personal spirituality and often took a World Religions class in college. Which they enjoyed very much. Zen and Buddhist concepts, along with Taoism were the aspects found most attractive. I enjoyed the tribal religious studies too in their connection to the natural environment and cycle of life.

The Dalai Lama is the MOST tolerant and supportive world religious leader, viewing all religious traditions as valid and moving toward a similar goal. I personally don't consider Buddhism to be much of a religion at all. Which might be why I enjoy exploring the material without caring or getting into oh, this type of Buddhism is different from that, etc.

Watching the Dalai Lama take apart a mechanical item was the big *ding ding* Man sitting there intently focused to the point the whole world may as well have disappeared. Perhaps he uses the opportunity to practice being "present in the moment."

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This makes sense! I also think that Buddha is an ISTP.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I'll buy that, as weird as I feel agreeing that the Dalai Lama is the same type as me. Lol. He's definitely at least an IXXP, and the mechanical thing you mentioned does seem to imply Ti.

It's also kinda funny thinking that the Dalai Lama could be the same type as, say... Wolverine.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I'm pretty certain that Dalai Lama is indeed a supermutant that will kick some Chinese army ass when the time is right.
    Edit: I realized that I was being vague. What I mean with "when the time is right" is that ISTPs always seem to have such a perfect timing in doing things.
    Like. He could probably time things right so that he'll kick the collective ass of the entire army before anyone realizes he's not just saying confusing stuff like he usually does.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    The Dalai Lama is the MOST tolerant and supportive world religious leader, viewing all religious traditions as valid and moving toward a similar goal.
    All traditions except a form of Tibetan Buddhism he used to practise himself called Dorje Shugden, which he now calls 'evil' and... but it doesn't look like I'm getting anywhere with this.