• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

NTJ heroes

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I noticed there is a distinct lack of those in popular culture. There are a number of ENTJ and INTJ antiheroes and a shitload of villains, but almost no heroes. Some I can think of though include:

Michael Westen (INTJ)
Michael Scofield (ENTJ)
Commander John Sheridan (ENTJ)
Robert Langdon (ENTJ)
Captain Jack Aubrey (ENTJ)

Can anyone think of any others?

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: The Next Generation, INTJ)
Geordi La Forge (Star Trek: The Next Generation, ENTJ)
Near (Death Note, INTJ - though he could conceivably be seen as an anti-hero, given that he doesn't care about saving the day so much as figuring out the puzzle - like the INTP L, he's in it out of boredom)
Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter, INTJ)
Severus Snape (Harry Potter, INTJ)
V (V for Vendetta, INTJ - though he's only heroic in the film, and even there borders heavily on being an anti-hero)

Christian Bale's Batman (INTJ, though Batman is an overall ISTJ character) and the Doctor's First and Seventh incarnations (INTJ incarnations of an overall INTP character - Six could also be an ENTJ, he's either that or a very unhealthy ENFJ) also fit the bill.

I'd include quite a few others, but you explicitly disallowed any anti-heroes, so I won't.

Lark

V (V for Vendetta, INTJ - though he's only heroic in the film, and even there borders heavily on being an anti-hero)

This is an interesting one, in the graphic novel he's less of a likeable character in a way, I've read that the creator of the character has talked about how his politics changed in the course of writing it and I've often wondered what that was about (there is a piece were he blows up the law courts in the comic in which he makes a long speech about how he once wanted to see and honour justice but has since decided freedom is a higher virtue).

The comic does a good job of showing how spreading contempt for a regime is effective subversion but all in all I was left with an impression of a story which is much more like The Count of Monte Cristo only with a central character that's both disfigured and totally insane, like wanting to terrify others insane, and who you'd do anything to avoid/escape in reality.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What about "Peter Parker" aka "Spiderman?"

He was a physics student at a university, can you get any more INTJ? :thinking:

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
This is an interesting one, in the graphic novel he's less of a likeable character in a way, I've read that the creator of the character has talked about how his politics changed in the course of writing it and I've often wondered what that was about (there is a piece were he blows up the law courts in the comic in which he makes a long speech about how he once wanted to see and honour justice but has since decided freedom is a higher virtue).

The comic does a good job of showing how spreading contempt for a regime is effective subversion but all in all I was left with an impression of a story which is much more like The Count of Monte Cristo only with a central character that's both disfigured and totally insane, like wanting to terrify others insane, and who you'd do anything to avoid/escape in reality.

In the graphic novel, Evey represents the average person caught in-between two extremes of anarchy and fascism. V is presented as being almost as or just as vile as the fascist government he opposes. The film overplayed the personal vengeance aspects of V's struggle, and completely removed any references to anarchist philosophy (rather than vague overtures to concepts like "freedom" and "personal responsibility"), turning V into a more sympathetic and heroic character in the process.

Speaking of The Count of Monte Cristo, while he's obviously quite deep in anti-hero territory and thus cannot properly fit this thread to the fullest degree (at least the specifications laid out in the OP), the titular Count of Monte Cristo seems to be an INTJ - after his stay in the Chateau d'If, at least (I'd guess ENTP for Edmond Dantes before becoming the Count).

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about "Peter Parker" aka "Spiderman?"

He was a physics student at a university, can you get any more INTJ?
A physics student can be INTP, ENTP, ISTJ, ESTJ, and even F (Though Feelers are unlikely to choose it as a profession). Peter Parker is INFP (With Spider-Man being ESTJ by contrast).

JHBowden

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Riker is more of an ETJ than LaForge. I've always thought of LaForge as an EFJ, a sympathetic friend.

[YOUTUBE="wbEmQ_uyt1M"]Riker=Te[/YOUTUBE]

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A physics student can be INTP, ENTP, ISTJ, ESTJ, and even F (Though Feelers are unlikely to choose it as a profession). Peter Parker is INFP (With Spider-Man being ESTJ by contrast).

Yes, and also, most biology majors need 1 year of physics (in California at least). :) And Fs do make up a large portion of the biology department.

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Riker is more of an ETJ than LaForge. I've always thought of LaForge as an EFJ, a sympathetic friend.

[YOUTUBE="wbEmQ_uyt1M"]Riker=Te[/YOUTUBE]

I disagree. La Forge knows how to keep on amiable terms with others and his Te to himself, but he's very far from any sort of Fe-dominant. In fact, he's rather devoid of genuine Fe when talking to anyone but Data.

Riker does not apply to this thread (on NTJ heroes, not ETJ ones, notice), as a very blatant example of an ESTJ.

VagrantFarce

millers9.jpg

Tom Reagan in Miller's Crossing, caught between his heart and his hat. :)

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Also, I just thought of Big Boss from the Metal Gear series, an INTJ. While he's an antagonist through the majority of the games, Metal Gear Solid 4 proves him to be the most unquestionably heroic character in a series full of moral ambiguity and shades of grey.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think Dexter Morgan is INTJ, or at least the book version of him is. On the show, I think he's more ISTJ - much more bound by the Code and loyalty to his family.

Also, Agent Cooper of "Twin Peaks" strikes me as a very friendly INTJ.

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
I think Dexter Morgan is INTJ, or at least the book version of him is. On the show, I think he's more ISTJ - much more bound by the Code and loyalty to his family.

Also, Agent Cooper of "Twin Peaks" strikes me as a very friendly INTJ.

Dexter Morgan is an INTJ, but he does not fit the thread - he's far from heroic. He's a psychopathic anti-hero at best.

Dale Cooper is probably more of an INFP. Note that he solves his cases through gut instinct and his dreams rather than logical deduction.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dexter Morgan is an INTJ, but he does not fit the thread - he's far from heroic. He's a psychopathic anti-hero at best.
Depends on your point of view. Somebody mentioned Batman before, and there's been enough philosophical discussion about him that he could easily be an antihero.

But as for a more sympathetic choice... I think Veronica Mars is probably ENTJ. And Daria Morgendorffer is so INTJ that it's almost funny.

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Depends on your point of view. Somebody mentioned Batman before, and there's been enough philosophical discussion about him that he could easily be an antihero.

But as for a more sympathetic choice... I think Veronica Mars is probably ENTJ. And Daria Morgendorffer is so INTJ that it's almost funny.

That "somebody" was me. :tongue: Of the characters that I mentioned, Bale's Batman, V (film version - the graphic novel version could easily be seen as outright villainous), Near, Albus Dumbledore, Severus Snape, and the First, Sixth, and Seventh Doctors could all be considered anti-heroes. However, they're still seen as heroic by most viewers/readers, hence why I included them. Dexter isn't - he's fun to watch and read about, and one generally roots for him, but the fact that he derives pleasure from murder deprives him of any sort of heroic status.

Daria is a blatant INTJ, yes - but does she count as a hero rather than merely a protagonist? Doubtful, she's just a teen sitcom character. Her role is to be witty and sarcastic, not to save the day. She's about as "heroic" as Wednesday Addams (another probable INTJ).

Veronica Mars, on the other hand, is a good example. She strikes me as an ENTJ as well, and definitely a heroic portrayal of one.

JHBowden

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Riker does not apply to this thread (on NTJ heroes, not ETJ ones, notice), as a very blatant example of an ESTJ.
I observe more cunning and strategy in Riker as a character than you do, but to each his own.
La Forge knows how to keep on amiable terms with others and his Te to himself, but he's very far from any sort of Fe-dominant. In fact, he's rather devoid of genuine Fe when talking to anyone but Data.
You're wrong-- LaForge is a sensate dominate, but keeps it to himself. No-- LaForge is a intuitive dominant, but keeps it to himself. We can justify anything with this reasoning. But we both notice LaForge's natural friendliness and warm sympathy, and I'm content with that.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Tom's INTP not INTJ.

Beatrix Kiddo of Kill Bill- ENTJ
Jonas Blane on the Unit- ENTJ
President Palmer 24- ENTJ
Michael Scofield- INTJ imo

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Harlock from Arcadia of my Youth?

1187813510-Harlock-03g.jpg

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tom's INTP not INTJ.

Beatrix Kiddo of Kill Bill- ENTJ
Jonas Blane on the Unit- ENTJ
President Palmer 24- ENTJ
Michael Scofield- INTJ imo
Beatrix Kiddo is no more of a hero than Light Yagami is. The rest are right (though I mentioned Scofield already).