Thread: NTJ heroes

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Default NTJ heroes

I noticed there is a distinct lack of those in popular culture. There are a number of ENTJ and INTJ antiheroes and a shitload of villains, but almost no heroes. Some I can think of though include:

Michael Westen (INTJ)
    Michael Scofield (ENTJ)
    Commander John Sheridan (ENTJ)
    Robert Langdon (ENTJ)
    Captain Jack Aubrey (ENTJ)

Can anyone think of any others?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII

Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek: The Next Generation, INTJ)
    Geordi La Forge (Star Trek: The Next Generation, ENTJ)
    Near (Death Note, INTJ - though he could conceivably be seen as an anti-hero, given that he doesn't care about saving the day so much as figuring out the puzzle - like the INTP L, he's in it out of boredom)
    Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter, INTJ)
    Severus Snape (Harry Potter, INTJ)
    V (V for Vendetta, INTJ - though he's only heroic in the film, and even there borders heavily on being an anti-hero)

Christian Bale's Batman (INTJ, though Batman is an overall ISTJ character) and the Doctor's First and Seventh incarnations (INTJ incarnations of an overall INTP character - Six could also be an ENTJ, he's either that or a very unhealthy ENFJ) also fit the bill.

I'd include quite a few others, but you explicitly disallowed any anti-heroes, so I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Saxon View Post
    V (V for Vendetta, INTJ - though he's only heroic in the film, and even there borders heavily on being an anti-hero)
    This is an interesting one, in the graphic novel he's less of a likeable character in a way, I've read that the creator of the character has talked about how his politics changed in the course of writing it and I've often wondered what that was about (there is a piece were he blows up the law courts in the comic in which he makes a long speech about how he once wanted to see and honour justice but has since decided freedom is a higher virtue).

The comic does a good job of showing how spreading contempt for a regime is effective subversion but all in all I was left with an impression of a story which is much more like The Count of Monte Cristo only with a central character that's both disfigured and totally insane, like wanting to terrify others insane, and who you'd do anything to avoid/escape in reality.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

What about "Peter Parker" aka "Spiderman?"

He was a physics student at a university, can you get any more INTJ?
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    This is an interesting one, in the graphic novel he's less of a likeable character in a way, I've read that the creator of the character has talked about how his politics changed in the course of writing it and I've often wondered what that was about (there is a piece were he blows up the law courts in the comic in which he makes a long speech about how he once wanted to see and honour justice but has since decided freedom is a higher virtue).

The comic does a good job of showing how spreading contempt for a regime is effective subversion but all in all I was left with an impression of a story which is much more like The Count of Monte Cristo only with a central character that's both disfigured and totally insane, like wanting to terrify others insane, and who you'd do anything to avoid/escape in reality.
    In the graphic novel, Evey represents the average person caught in-between two extremes of anarchy and fascism. V is presented as being almost as or just as vile as the fascist government he opposes. The film overplayed the personal vengeance aspects of V's struggle, and completely removed any references to anarchist philosophy (rather than vague overtures to concepts like "freedom" and "personal responsibility"), turning V into a more sympathetic and heroic character in the process.

Speaking of The Count of Monte Cristo, while he's obviously quite deep in anti-hero territory and thus cannot properly fit this thread to the fullest degree (at least the specifications laid out in the OP), the titular Count of Monte Cristo seems to be an INTJ - after his stay in the Chateau d'If, at least (I'd guess ENTP for Edmond Dantes before becoming the Count).

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    What about "Peter Parker" aka "Spiderman?"

He was a physics student at a university, can you get any more INTJ?
    A physics student can be INTP, ENTP, ISTJ, ESTJ, and even F (Though Feelers are unlikely to choose it as a profession). Peter Parker is INFP (With Spider-Man being ESTJ by contrast).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Riker is more of an ETJ than LaForge. I've always thought of LaForge as an EFJ, a sympathetic friend.

[YOUTUBE="wbEmQ_uyt1M"]Riker=Te[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    A physics student can be INTP, ENTP, ISTJ, ESTJ, and even F (Though Feelers are unlikely to choose it as a profession). Peter Parker is INFP (With Spider-Man being ESTJ by contrast).
    Yes, and also, most biology majors need 1 year of physics (in California at least). And Fs do make up a large portion of the biology department.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by JHBowden View Post
    Riker is more of an ETJ than LaForge. I've always thought of LaForge as an EFJ, a sympathetic friend.

[YOUTUBE="wbEmQ_uyt1M"]Riker=Te[/YOUTUBE]
    I disagree. La Forge knows how to keep on amiable terms with others and his Te to himself, but he's very far from any sort of Fe-dominant. In fact, he's rather devoid of genuine Fe when talking to anyone but Data.

Riker does not apply to this thread (on NTJ heroes, not ETJ ones, notice), as a very blatant example of an ESTJ.

Tom Reagan in Miller's Crossing, caught between his heart and his hat.
    Hello