User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: NTJ heroes

  1. #21
    Senior Member Harold Saxon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Harlock from Arcadia of my Youth?

    Captain Harlock strikes me as more of an INTP, perhaps even a particularly stoic INFP.

  2. #22
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBowden View Post
    I observe more cunning and strategy in Riker as a character than you do, but to each his own.You're wrong-- LaForge is a sensate dominate, but keeps it to himself.

    No-- LaForge is a intuitive dominant, but keeps it to himself. We can justify anything with this reasoning. But we both notice LaForge's natural friendliness and warm sympathy, and I'm content with that.
    Well an interesting thing to consider is that in the main star trek thread, Antisocial One pointed out that everyone has different types on duty and off duty. Off duty Geordi was put as an IS_P (my guess would be ISFP), and on duty an ENTP. Riker on duty an ESTJ, Riker off duty an ESTP. Here's the post-

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...71-post14.html
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  3. #23
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    I wouldn't say there's much reason to think people to change types on and off the job. Rather they likely project a different personality type on the job, if they have to. Most commonly, Perceivers project Judging and Introverts project Extroversion when they need to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  4. #24
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I wouldn't say there's much reason to think people to change types on and off the job. Rather they likely project a different personality type on the job, if they have to. Most commonly, Perceivers project Judging and Introverts project Extroversion when they need to.
    This isn't real life, it's a show. They were probably written that way because that's how the show is. In a way it seems like a totally different show when they are off duty and when they are doing official stuff. In real life, no, absolutely no one would have their type changed based on whether they are working or not.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  5. #25
    Senior Member JHBowden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Antisocial One pointed out that everyone has different types on duty and off duty.
    That's an interesting theory. One tautology we need to keep in mind is that characters change depending on how they're written. Riker in the earlier episodes is more by the book, while in the later episodes he's more intuitive-- winning by bluffing when playing poker, seducing women, craftily inventing a maneuver named after him, and so forth.

    Still seems like a challenge-seeking Te in either case, though I understand the ambiguity on the auxiliary.

  6. #26
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    This isn't real life, it's a show. They were probably written that way because that's how the show is. In a way it seems like a totally different show when they are off duty and when they are doing official stuff. In real life, no, absolutely no one would have their type changed based on whether they are working or not.
    That makes more sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  7. #27
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBowden View Post
    That's an interesting theory. One tautology we need to keep in mind is that characters change depending on how they're written. Riker in the earlier episodes is more by the book, while in the later episodes he's more intuitive-- winning by bluffing when playing poker, seducing women, craftily inventing a maneuver named after him, and so forth.

    Still seems like a challenge-seeking Te in either case, though I understand the ambiguity on the auxiliary.
    Yeah that's probably exactly why he thought he was ESTJ on duty and ESTP off duty.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  8. #28
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    Tom's INTP not INTJ.
    wtf is this shit
    Hello

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    wtf is this shit
    Ok why is he a J?

  10. #30
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Brom (Inheritance series) - INTJ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


Similar Threads

  1. [ENFP] ENFP Super Heroes.
    By itwouldbenick in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-16-2015, 01:26 PM
  2. Heroes, Villains, and MBTI
    By developer in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 11:51 AM
  3. Heroes
    By The_Liquid_Laser in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-30-2010, 01:04 AM
  4. Season 2 of Heroes
    By Mycroft in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 02:55 PM
  5. help me type my father's dutch-irish hero
    By runvardh in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 10:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO