• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Chuck Palahniuk

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I'm leaning towards INxP. Most likely INFP because he seems so twisted. Anyone have any thoughts on his potential typing?

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
I like ISTP for him.

That works. As does INTP. I'm pretty sure he's Ti dominant anyway. Sheriously, I think an F-dominant type would probably care about his characters enough to give them a little more psychological depth, unless there's some irony there I'm failing to spot through sheer disengagement and boredom...

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
The protagonist in Fight Club with the alter-ego Tyler Durden has a fair amount of psychological depth no?

I do agree there is a highly logical characteristic to his writing.

Nomorenames

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Trying to discern a person's type through their writing style seems to be a rather inaccurate method. Just sayin'

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Trying to discern a person's type through their writing style seems to be a rather inaccurate method. Just sayin'

You're right. Perhaps I should watch a couple interviews hmmm...

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Well we all seem to agree on the IxxP.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
IsTP or InTP. IsTP is probably the best match though. Just because of Fight Club, one of the most ISTPish story of the world ever.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Are ISTPs highly imaginative?

G

Glycerine

I would think so. Ti Se Ni. That makes for quite a fascinating writing style. I agree that Fight Club seems more ISTPish. I have never gotten a INFP feel for him.

Last edited:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are ISTPs highly imaginative?

There's a wide variety of capacity to be imaginative among ISTPs. Many of them are highly imaginative, many others are not. I personaly consider me as imaginative, though.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I would think so. Ti Se Ni. That make for quite a fascinating writing style. I agree that Fight Club seems more ISTPish. I have never gotten a INFP feel for him.

Good point.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh my God, I remember reading "Guts". I can see either INTP or ISTP for him. He's twisted, and definitely thinks outside of the box.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTP, maybe cp6w5?