User Tag List

12311 Last

Thread: Breaking Bad

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Default Breaking Bad

This show is most definitely ballin' enough to have a thread on it.

(I don't know if there already is one, but I looked and couldn't find...)

Walter White: INTJ
    Skyler White: ENFJ
    Walter Jr: INTP
    Hank: ESTP
    Marie: ESTJ
    Jesse Pinkman: ISTP
    Tuco: ESTP
    Gretchen: INFJ

I've only watched up through the first third of the second season, so I'm bound to be missing some other common characters. Feel free to add.

Senior Member ObliviousExistence's Avatar
    MBTI
    loco
    Enneagram
    5W4

Jesse a T? don't think so. I think Walter Jr is an F as well.

Walter White: henpecked husband
    Skyler White: shrew
    Walter Jr: special
    Hank: arsehole
    Marie: kleptomaniac, possible sociopath
    Jesse Pinkman: junkie
    Tuco: psycho
    Gretchen: pretentious bitch

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default Breaking Bad

This series is probably the best I've seen ever. If you haven't seen this show go watch/download/steal it now! I'll attempt to type the main characters (note: I'm only halfway through season 2 out of 3):

Walter: INTJ
    Jesse: ESTP
    Skyler: ISFJ
    Walt Jr.: ISTP
    Marie: ESFP

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Breaking Bad is an absolutely amazing series. I'm glad that it's becoming more popular.

Jesse: eSFP
    Skyler: ENFJ
    Walt Jr.: ISFP
    Last edited by Havane; 06-18-2010 at 04:28 PM.

MBTI
    ENTP

Show is definitely great.

Saul Goodman = ENTP
    Gus = INTP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

well, I searched for a Breaking Bad thread before I made my own, and I did not find this one at all.

Anyway, After watching some more episodes I decided to type a few new characters.

Elliot: ENFJ
    Gretchen: INFP (leads with Fi rather than Ni)
    Jane: quintessential fictional female ISTP
    Tuco: insane/chaotic evil/can't really type
    Badger: ESFP
    Skinny Pete: ISTP

MBTI
    ENTP

I would peg tuco for an ESTP. You're only into season 2 eh? Season 3 is insane.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by SNUGGLETRON View Post
    well, I searched for a Breaking Bad thread before I made my own, and I did not find this one at all.

Anyway, After watching some more episodes I decided to type a few new characters.

Elliot: ENFJ
    Gretchen: INFP (leads with Fi rather than Ni)
    Jane: quintessential fictional female ISTP
    Tuco: insane/chaotic evil/can't really type
    Badger: ESFP
    Skinny Pete: ISTP
    Err I agree with like 2 of these. Badger and Skinny Pete are probably correct.

Gretchen is most definitely an INFJ though, not INFP. The way she dealt with Walter's lie about her and Elliot paying for his medical expenses was completely Ni/Fe. She didn't have a strict moral opinion on the general matter of dishonesty; she tried to dig deeper and figure out why Walter was lying and see things from his perspective. Fi would likely never do this; it would probably feel betrayed and ethically opposed to being an accomplice in Walter's dishonesty. Ni, on the other hand, is much more capable of seeing things in context and forming a judgment from there. She didn't take things personally, but rather, gave Walter the benefit of the doubt because she sympathized with his tough position and understood that there was a logical appeal to be made for his actions (Fe/Ti).

Jane is INTP, not ISTP. An argument could even be made for her being ENTP. Either way, she clearly leads with Ne. The conversation she has with Jesse about the Georgia O'Keefe museum when she explains why O'Keefe drew a door over and over epitomizes Ne. Jane and her Ne, unlike Jesse and his Se, understands that a door can be creatively connected to a vast number of ideas, so only one painting of a door does not suffice.

Tuco is ESTP to the max. His Se is just completely over the top, and he as no Ti to mold him into some rational, moral character. He is impulsive, aggressive, domineering, and thrives on intense action and the thrill of the moment (this explains his addiction to meth). The scene in the junkyard where Tuco, his minions, Jesse, and Walt make the deal does a really good job of exemplifying Tuco's type. When one of his minions makes the point to stand up for Tuco, Tuco is unreasonably insulted, and before even thinking, he follows his impulses to just beat the shit out of him (Se). He is insulted because his employee upset the social hierarchy of their little drug cartel (Fe). Tuco was the boss, so no one under him should do anything that implicitly undermines his authority. I will admit, however, that he is one crazy motherfucker.

I have no opinion on Elliot's type. He seems to have some Fe going on, however, and I'm fairly certain there's Ni, so ENFJ might not be too far off.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Green Crack View Post
    Show is definitely great.

Saul Goodman = ENTP
    Gus = INTP
    Right on Saul.

Gus is INTJ, however. He is efficient, organized, structured, and has mastered the art of contingency planning. He seems to have little to no rigid moral opinion on anything. It is all context-dependent (Ni), and the way he makes his judgments in context is based on what action will result in the most efficient, direct means to accomplishing his goal at hand (Te).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Havane View Post
    Breaking Bad is an absolutely amazing series. I'm glad that it's becoming more popular.

Jesse: eSFP
    Skyler: ESFJ
    Walt Jr.: ISFP
    Skyler is ENFJ, not ESFJ. She always just *knows* when Walter is up to no good. She gets to the point where she can see right through his schemes and manipulations.

I agree with Marie being ESFP. I originally had her pegged as ESTJ, but that's just because I saw A LOT of Te from her. She's just one of those ESFPs that relies more on Se/Te than Se/Fi (though weak, unhealthy Fi is still evident in how selfish and egocentric she is).