• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Breaking Bad

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you think 'twat' counts as an insult?

my goal wasn't to insult you, it's just that 85% of your posts are nothing more than a mocking the other person and implying they are a dumbass. when you make little in the way of actual contributions yourself, this starts to become annoying.

Nicodemus

my goal wasn't to insult you, it's just that 85% of your posts are nothing more than a mocking the other person and implying they are a dumbass. when you make little in the way of actual contributions yourself, this starts to become annoying.
Your misjudgement probably stems from a lack of information about the implications of my words and my personal relationship with whoever I am talking to. I think there is only one person with whom my main goal is to mock them; with everyone else, it is, if at all present, secondary at best.

However, if annoyance to you is reason enough to call someone a twat, I reckon you can understand if to someone else it is reason enough to put up a stumbling block in another's line of argument to forestall further annoyance coming from that particular source. If you re-read what I wrote here, you will notice that a good discussion could have been had if only your friend had paused to think for a moment.

A

Anew Leaf

Hi pot. Maybe you should stop trying to make "straw men" and "ad hominem" attacks against those who are your better in every possible conceivable way. It just continues to undermine this ridiculous forum image you wish to present of yourself as being cool and collected with an unearned arrogance.

If you have read his posts that much and completely missed the point, its not his burden to draw pictures so that you can understand.

And the majority of your posts are crybaby whines about how you are being attacked simply because someone doesn't agree with you. Which is the majority of our interactions. Not terribly impressive.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi pot. Maybe you should stop trying to make "straw men" and "ad hominem" attacks against those who are your better in every possible conceivable way. It just continues to undermine this ridiculous forum image you wish to present of yourself as being cool and collected with an unearned arrogance.
If you have read his posts that much and completely missed the point, its not his burden to draw pictures so that you can understand.
And the majority of your posts are crybaby whines about how you are being attacked simply because someone doesn't agree with you. Which is the majority of our interactions. Not terribly impressive.

1) I used neither the words ad hominem nor strawman in my response to Nico
2) if you want me to stop bringing up strawman and ad hominem, stop using them
3) stop harassing me (mod edit - insult removed).

R

Riva

No, he's not. The man constantly uses Ti<Fe put downs, and insults others for not fitting social norms. For instance, in the beginning episode where he tells Walt that he's not a "real man" for not knowing how to handle a gun. That's more of an ESTP thing.

Do not take boyish jabs that are/were used in playgrounds as Fe based judgments. And not all social norm based put downs are Fe; some are Si and some are Te. Add to it any type is capable and guilty of put downs or frowning upon others without letting it known atleast once in their lives irrespective of their types

Please provide us with atleast 2 more examples of this trait of him since you used the word constant it should be easy.

Lolz.

A

Anew Leaf

1) I used neither the words ad hominem nor strawman in my response to Nico
2) if you want me to stop bringing up strawman and ad hominem, stop using them
3) stop harassing me (insult removed).

Oh, it's just your usual MO, so I figured I would beat you to the punch. And I am pretty sure if we did a forum search for these phrases they are going to be attached to you and not me being that I don't fall back upon these things.

I am not harassing you. If you can't handle being pointed out where you are wrong on this forum, then fact check your posts better.

(mod edit: removed quoted insults)

Last edited by a moderator:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, it's just your usual MO, so I figured I would beat you to the punch.
translation: I'm justified in projecting all manner of intentions onto you.

And I am pretty sure if we did a forum search for these phrases they are going to be attached to you and not me being that I don't fall back upon these things.
you fall back on them all the time. the phrases would be linked backed to me because I call people out when they are falling back on them.

I am not harassing you. If you can't handle being pointed out where you are wrong on this forum, then fact check your posts better(mod edit: removed quoted insults)
don't even pretend like this has anything to do with me be pointed out as being wrong (maybe I am, it wouldn't be the first time. that's not the point). this has to do with you projecting ludicrous intentions on me and trying to provoke me and then play innocent one (which you are inevitably going to do again and say I'm actually the one projecting intentions)

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Now you made me laugh out loud.

At this point you're just being a troll.

What point did he miss? Nicodemus had no point, he was just being a dick. He had no argument, he was just being a troll.

[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION]

Do not take boyish jabs that are/were used in playgrounds as Fe based judgments. And not all social norm based put downs are Fe; some are Si and some are Te. Add to it any type is capable and guilty of put downs or frowning upon others without letting it known atleast once in their lives irrespective of their types

Please provide us with atleast 2 more examples of this trait of him since you used the word constant it should be easy.

Him and the hyspanic guy would constantly use Fe put downs to put each other down based how they were not following social norms. How about this smart guy: tell me when the man ever uses Fi. The man is the absolute antithesis of Fi, he NEVER uses it, EVER!

Nicodemus

At this point you're just being a troll.
I expressed my reaction to your premature surrender.

What point did he miss? Nicodemus had no point, he was just being a dick. He had no argument, he was just being a troll.
The point was that you had no argument in your response to Stephano (hence this post, a mirroring of your own words). I wanted to find out whether you are just too deep into it to realize that you forgot that your opinion needs evidence as well or whether you simply lack, say, the knack to reflect these workings even if the situation calls for it.

DoctorCroupy#9

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just got done reading over the last few pages of this debate. It was pretty hilarious, all around. When the 'twat' dropped, things got real. I'd like to thank all parties involved for making this so entertaining, especially Nicodemus. You're a clever dude haha.

That said, I think Walt's an INTJ. I'm sure he has Si in there (fictional characters are never totally consistent), but his Ni is what stands out to me as dominant.

Either way, I'm sure we can all at least agree that he's Ixxx haha.

R

Riva

[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION]Him and the hyspanic guy would constantly use Fe put downs to put each other down based how they were not following social norms. How about this smart guy: tell me when the man ever uses Fi. The man is the absolute antithesis of Fi, he NEVER uses it, EVER!
Could you go into the specifics a bit more; rather than implying you've seen it when the two are interacting? You did say he 'constantly' use it. Nico does seem to have a point; you haven't forgotten, you just probably don't know/have much to back things up. But that was walt, this is hank. I will admit i'm an idiot for not seeing the obvious if you provide undeniable examples (atleast 5). *eagerly waits to admit stupidity*

R

Riva

Just got done reading over the last few pages of this debate. It was pretty hilarious, all around. When the 'twat' dropped, things got real. I'd like to thank all parties involved for making this so entertaining, especially Nicodemus. You're a clever dude haha.That said, I think Walt's an INTJ. I'm sure he has Si in there (fictional characters are never totally consistent), but his Ni is what stands out to me as dominant.Either way, I'm sure we can all at least agree that he's Ixxx haha.
On the contrary I believe fictional characters are truer to the limitations mbti than rl people (who change every second). Besides the truer the actor is to the role the better defined the character becomes.

Nicodemus

On the contrary I believe fictional characters are truer to the limitations mbti than rl people (who change every second). Besides the truer the actor is to the role the better defined the character becomes.
That is like saying that science fiction is truer to the laws of physics than reality.

R

Riva

That is like saying that science fiction is truer to the laws of physics than reality.

MBTI is not physics nor is it accepted as a science.

Fiction has the only chance of bringing fictional science theories into realities; and reality never would.