• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Breaking Bad

S

Stansmith

I'd go 8w7 over 7w8 for Hank. At least it becomes more apparent later in the series.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Hank is an esfp people. in the first few episodes - maybe even in the first season as a whole - he was an estp but as the show proceeds/the character develops he clearly indicates that he lacks Fe - the Fe based manipulation ETPs are capable of especially - and that he has obvious Fi. Also his analytical pattern isn't Ti and I would bet it's mostly Se + Te.

Elf I guess since you've watched only 6 episodes I/we should exempt you from criticism for confusing Fi and Fe?

No, he's not. The man constantly uses Ti<Fe put downs, and insults others for not fitting social norms. For instance, in the beginning episode where he tells Walt that he's not a "real man" for not knowing how to handle a gun. That's more of an ESTP thing.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION]

Add to ^ I think Jesse could be an estp. Not entirely sure. He does show Ti sort of analysis and Se Fe anger. My typing would be a litte bit more justifiable if he was an e6 as you've typed him and not a 7w8 as I assumed him to be.

**Contains spoilers for those who haven't seen all of the episodes**

Also the man is clearly a 6 and not a 7w8. The man is too damn reactive to be a 7w8.

On a side note, I also saw Jane as an ISFP 4w5 sx/sp.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
up through episode 6 of Season II:
Walter White: IN?J 6w5>9w8>?w? Sp/Sx
Skyler White: ENFJ 1w2>6w7>2w3 Sx/So (@The Great One: Skyler is one of the most possessive, fiery, drama queen bitches I've ever seen. her antics border on adolescent and she's hot/cold as hell. Sx dom for sure)
Walter Jr: ISFP 9w8>6w7>2w3 So/Sx
Hank Schrader: ES?P 7w8>8w9>3w2 Sp/So or So/Sp
Marie Schrader: EN?P 7w6 or 6w7>9w8>4w3 Sx/So
Jesse Pinkman: ESFP 6w7>9w8>?w? Sx/So
Tuco: ESTP 8w7>6w7>3w2 So/Sx (tempted to say Sx/So cuz of the batshit craziness, but he fits the "gusto and camaraderie" theme of Social 8....gone to hell)

also, TGO, I think the woman you think is a 4w5 Sx/Sp is actually a 7 or a 9w8 (but Sx/Sp as fuck. you were right about that).

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Skyler White: ENFJ 1w2>6w7>2w3 Sx/So (@The Great One: Skyler is one of the most possessive, fiery, drama queen bitches I've ever seen. her antics border on adolescent and she's hot/cold as hell. Sx dom for sure)
Tuco: ESTP 8w7>6w7>3w2 So/Sx (tempted to say Sx/So cuz of the batshit craziness, but he fits the "gusto and camaraderie" theme of Social 8....gone to hell)

Walter is clearly an INTJ
Jesse seems later on more like an ENFP (7w6)
And I'm not sure if Junior is ISFP or INFP.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
No Jesse is Se as fuck. Where do you see Ne?

Since he is a fictional character, going by functions doesn't help to type him. Functions don't directly tell about someone's personality, only indirectly. I say Jesse has a little idealist in him and lots of potential. He's just fucked up, has little education and talks very rude. I guess that's mostly why people see him as S.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
up through episode 6 of Season II:

also, TGO, I think the woman you think is a 4w5 Sx/Sp is actually a 7 or a 9w8 (but Sx/Sp as fuck. you were right about that).

1. There is no way that Skyler is self pres last.

2. There is no possible way that Hank is an ESFP.

Since he is a fictional character, going by functions doesn't help to type him. Functions don't directly tell about someone's personality, only indirectly. I say Jesse has a little idealist in him and lots of potential. He's just fucked up, has little education and talks very rude. I guess that's mostly why people see him as S.

Yes, going by functions does help to type him. For example, Walter White clearly displays Ni and Te. How else do you suggest that we type him? By temperament? That's stupid. The only reason that you think that Jessie is ENFP is because he goes crazy Fi in the last season, which is mostly associated ENFP's. ESFP's can do that as well dude.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

you are mistaken. the functions are your Jungian type. my personality is the furthest thing from being either "extroverted" or "feeling", but I am an ENFP because I am Ne>Fi with some Te thrown into the mix.

Nicodemus

Yes, going by functions does help to type him. For example, Walter White clearly displays Ni and Te.
You make me laugh, dude.

Here is the counter-argument: Walter White (Sr.) clearly displays Ti and Si.

Not convinced? Well, how else do you suggest that we type him?

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
you are mistaken. the functions are your Jungian type. my personality is the furthest thing from being either "extroverted" or "feeling", but I am an ENFP because I am Ne>Fi with some Te thrown into the mix.

The human personality consists of more than just the functions. For example: Being spontaneous rather than planned is a personality trait, but it appears nowhere in cognitive functions descriptions.
If a character on a show is extremely spontaneous but relies more on social norms than on his/her own views, it doesn't mean that that person is automatically an ExFJ. Fictional characters have a less complex personality than real persons, so some writers somewhere could have wanted to make an ESFP-stereotype (without knowing MBTI) for their show, but didn't consider to give the character Se and Fi.

Btw, on MBTI tests I always got different types, whereas on cf test I never got anything else than ENFP (Ne > Fi). It's perfect for typing people but not for fictional characters.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd go 8w7 over 7w8 for Hank. At least it becomes more apparent later in the series.

I'm about half way through Season 3, and I think I see what you mean. the lust aspect of 8 is becoming more and more apparent in his personality. Heisenberg his "prey" which he is increasingly becoming obsessed with chasing after.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
You make me laugh, dude.

Here is the counter-argument: Walter White (Sr.) clearly displays Ti and Si.

Not convinced? Well, how else do you suggest that we type him?

Show me where the Ti and Si are.
[MENTION=16320]Stephano[/MENTION]

Then how else do you think that we should go about tying fictional characters, if we don't use functional theory?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/10/breaking-bad-toxic-masculinity/

“When you have children, you will always have family. They will always be your priority, your responsibility. And a man, a man provides. And he does it even when he’s not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he’s a man.”

Dude sounds like a fuckwit.
/didn't watch the show

Nicodemus

Show me where the Ti and Si are.
There:

bryan-cranston-breaking-bad-320.jpg

In his head, characteristically invisible.