• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Breaking Bad

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, I like this show. Mike's a character in it! That guy probably has a type. Introverted thinker something.

Mike's some kind of TJ, maybe ISTJ or ESTJ?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I already agree that Te preceding is different than Fi preceding. You are preaching to the choir, man.

Didn't I already reply to you about this above? Didn't we reach common ground?

It really does look like you are pointing it out JUST to pick an argument.

That may be how it looks to you (and even possibly some others), but that was not the intent.

I too found myself confused with your post and tone.

Then perhaps you understand the nature of Te in the dom/aux less than you think you do.

Answer this: if they haven't seen the show, what does calling them here actually DO? How can they find any common ground in this, how can this promote discussion?

How am I supposed to know whether they've seen the show or not?

And, even if they haven't, I described the scene.

I also described its relevance to typology.

I also put what season and episode it's in.

I'd be glad to provide them a link if they'd like.

It's also a great show; maybe they'd like to watch it.

:shrug:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

I'm done talking with you.

You've already done everything I could have wanted you to.

The idiocy of your next response will only further accomplish this.

Thank you for that. You're a useful tool for revealing your intellectual dearth.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm done talking with you.

You've already done everything I could have wanted you to.

The idiocy of your next response will only further accomplish this.

Thank you for that. You're a useful tool for revealing your intellectual dearth.

No, u tool

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Didn't I already reply to you about this above? Didn't we reach common ground?

Yes, I understand and appreciate your intent. But can you blame others for not seeing it? I mean really, c'mon!

That may be how it looks to you (and even possibly some others), but that was not the intent.

I get that, but maybe you should make concession for it.

Then perhaps you understand the nature of Te in the dom/aux less than you think you do.

Hardly. Maybe I should just sound as confident anyways. :D

How am I supposed to know whether they've seen the show or not?

I guess you could ask ... :shrug:

It's also a great show; maybe they'd like to watch it.

:)

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Mike's some kind of TJ, maybe ISTJ or ESTJ?

I would have to lean I. Watch that scene of him and Jesse riding around picking up the drops (it's in season 4, but that's not really a spoiler). It's hours and hours and Mike barely says word one to Jesse despite his prodding. His sense of loyalty could work with ISTJ. I can definitely see that.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
JUST LAST NIGHT started this show. So good. I got a late start, and got through the 2nd episode from Season 1 at almost 3am.

Porcelain Hearts

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not going to lie, Walter pisses me off so much in this show lol but it's a fantastic series.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm not going to lie, Walter pisses me off so much in this show lol but it's a fantastic series.

It's funny. My father (who is, I believe, an ESTP), says this pretty much verbatim to me, except it's Jesse that constantly enrages him (for being a screw-up, or incompetent, or unable to deal with things as efficiently as Walt). I always try to remind him that Jesse is dealing with, for example,
, but he won't have it. In fact, the biggest problem he has with Walt is his refusal to just

I wonder if there's sort of a feeler/thinker distinction in reacting to these characters. Everyone seems to understand and like at least one of the two for the most part.

Porcelain Hearts

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
It's funny. My father (who is, I believe, an ESTP), says this pretty much verbatim to me, except it's Jesse that constantly enrages him (for being a screw-up, or incompetent, or unable to deal with things as efficiently as Walt). I always try to remind him that Jesse is dealing with, for example,
, but he won't have it. In fact, the biggest problem he has with Walt is his refusal to just

I wonder if there's sort of a feeler/thinker distinction in reacting to these characters. Everyone seems to understand and like at least one of the two for the most part.

Woa true, about Walt's redeeming characteristic. Still.. what tension and selfishness he brought upon his family, what he sought for was an easy solution, became the most threatening.
The fact that these two characters were emotionally distant was intentional and justified, yet astonishingly they shared a mutual respect for one another.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Finally, I've finished season 4 and am now current, and ready for the season 5 premiere on July 15th. This show is too good. I love the way the story is focused on an anti-hero.

Usehername

On a mission
I don't see any INTJs in this show.

Walter talks about chemistry in terms of complex categories (Ti, internal details, "a rich picture of its essence") rather than reaction mechanisms (Te, external behaviour, "what will it do"). He was motivated in a practical, provider-role manner by his "you're gonna die" diagnosis, not by a future Ni vision. His need for order is tertiary Si, a soothing, simplistic version of Si. When he has his rage moments they're more ENTP than any NTJ flavour.
INTP: Ti, Ne, Si, Fe.

Gus: ISFJ - over dinner with Walter, he said that his business practices all come from personal experience and when he makes a mistake once, he learns and never makes it again. He's got a complex understanding of scary history informing his trade, not an intuitive vision of any future. He's crafted a book of rules for himself that apply across every situation (never works with drug users), which is different from an NTJ who would look at the chess board and play different strategies depending on any given context.

Jesse: ISFP
Walter: INTP
Hank: ESTP
Skyler: her personality switches a lot. ISTJ? ENFJ?

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Walter talks about chemistry in terms of complex categories (Ti, internal details, "a rich picture of its essence") rather than reaction mechanisms (Te, external behaviour, "what will it do"). He was motivated in a practical, provider-role manner by his "you're gonna die" diagnosis, not by a future Ni vision. His need for order is tertiary Si, a soothing, simplistic version of Si. When he has his rage moments they're more ENTP than any NTJ flavour.
INTP: Ti, Ne, Si, Fe.

That's an interesting take. It's been so long since season 4 ended, I think I need to delve into a few episodes of the show before I can verify how I feel about this. I'm just pleased the show will be returning soon.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Walter is a really stressed out INTP in a Ti + Si loop. I think [MENTION=7785]LittleSticks[/MENTION] had a really good "Ti+Si" INTP quote in this post.

INTP - Ti+Si - I can only be certain of facts. People and theory are so subjective and useless at times, I must distance myself from them and only spend my pursuits learning certain unquestionable knowledge. Without such knowledge I run the risk of being wrong; and I don't like being wrong, my brain is my most capable weapon and without it, the world forces me to fall prey to their inferior intellects. I can not let this happen, I am smarter than this, this will not happen.

Minor observation: When he gets excited about explaining subjects he's interested in, like chemistry, his mannerisms seem very quintessential NTP. A lot of gestures, fluctuations of voice, etc. Granted, he is just a tv character, so minor details like that are probably worthless when typing fictional characters.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Another character I'm pretty certain of is Mike, who is an ISTP.

krtzone

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Another character I'm pretty certain of is Mike, who is an ISTP.

Can you explain? I think he seems like an ISTP too, but he's also a duty-fulfiller (ISTJ). Would an ISTJ not get into his line of work?