Thread: Breaking Bad

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Pervert.
    The Justice Fighter

XXXX - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    INTJ

Pffft, Xena herself ended up a Harry Potter. She could do the wrong thing but couldn't fail to defeat the baddies. It's the peril all heroes with their name in their show's title must face.

Callisto, on the other hand....
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I hate you guys.

Sorry about the later seasons discussion going on. I do need to contribute though:

Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    He's got an introspective side that comes from leading with Fi though I think. ISFP's often come across as being pretty extroverted, they are probably the most extroverted introvert IMO.
    I see an introspective side, but I don't think it dominates his personality; it seems to come and go. So does his ethical side; he sometimes just abandons it and gets immersed in the action. I dunno. I don't think he's super extraverted, but Se seems to dominate his personality more than Fi. He also seems to seek out tons of stimulation when he's stressed or troubled (we saw this early this season), while introverts are more likely to hole up.

Yes these are good points ... I think they set her character up as an ENFJ though, but it's not remaining consistent, somehow?
    Possibly; that can happen pretty easily on TV shows. Characters' behave in whatever way will make the best show. (Same thing with Walt too...I can see times when INTJ is almost believable, others when he shows a major lack of foresight compared to other characters). Skyler never seemed that Fe-ish to me though.

But that could still be Fe - what will people think when they see this car? It doesn't fit the "story" ...

No, that could be Fe too - Fe is very resourceful in matters of people-stuff, it was a good story in that it could be believed within the context of the situation, from the people and practical POV's.
    Gotta use spoiler tags here....

Anyways...two episodes left. Anyone have guesses about the rest of this season??

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Jesse is a damned ISTP, I think he leads with Ti, not Fi or Se and Walter is so obvious INTJ just like Gus.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

deleted Array

Walt - INTJ
    Skyler - INFJ
    Jesse - ESFP
    Gus - INTJ
    Mike - ISTP
    Saul - ENTP
    Jane - INTP
    Hank - ESTP
    Marie - ESFJ
    Gale - Ni
    Last edited by 527468; 10-02-2011 at 11:35 PM.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    Jesse is a damned ISTP...

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    ...and Walter is so obvious INTJ just like Gus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Skyler White: ESTJ (I think she is hardcore Te and I can't see how she could be a F)
    Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    Skyler: ENTJ
    Honestly, you guys are smoking crack if you think Skyler's an ETJ.

From the very get-go, I said, "Definitely EJ". Then, after considering ETJ for a short while, I concluded, "Definitely EFJ".

After reading your guys' opinions that she is an ETJ, I went back and watched 6+ episodes with this in mind, and it couldn't be any further from the truth. An ETJ would never deal with things the way she does. None of the issues she has would be dealt with in the same way. There's just no way. Every single time she shows up on screen and is making some face, I'm just like, "Oh, god, the Fe is just bleeding thru the fucking screen". Te does not disgust me in this way; Fe does. My family is full of TJs and FJs. I know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    I'm not at all convinced Skyler is a Feeler of any sort. One of the comments from an online recap pointed out that a major weakness in Skyler's plans and schemes is in predicting people's reactions. This is typically a strength of NFJs, but Skyler doesn't have it. She plans things out in detail, she sees a lot of possibilities and covers all her bases and crunches numbers....but she slips up when people's unanticipated feelings, behaviour or reactions throw things off. I'll put some specific examples below in spoiler tags (they are from the end of season 3 right up to where we are now):
    This is all actually decent reasoning, which is why I considered it, but I still think you're dead wrong.

I simply would not have the reaction I have towards her if she were an ETJ.

Look at some of the female characters on 'Frasier' for ETJ women (the brunette station manager chick, and the blonde financial news chick). ETJ chicks aren't all emo and feely and shit; they're hard, like robots, or statues; Skyler is constantly spewing her emotions all over the place. When ETJ chicks are pissed, you might see anger, but you won't see this constant emoting that Skyler engages in.
    The Justice Fighter

XXXX - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Honestly, you guys are smoking crack if you think Skyler's an ETJ.

From the very get-go, I said, "Definitely EJ". Then, after considering ETJ for a short while, I concluded, "Definitely EFJ".

After reading your guys' opinions that she is an ETJ, I went back and watched 6+ episodes with this in mind, and it couldn't be any further from the truth. An ETJ would never deal with things the way she does. None of the issues she has would be dealt with in the same way. There's just no way. Every single time she shows up on screen and is making some face, I'm just like, "Oh, god, the Fe is just bleeding thru the fucking screen". Te does not disgust me in this way; Fe does. My family is full of TJs and FJs. I know the difference.
    Sounds like you are associating Fe with irrational decision making, and it is not how it works. Thing is, Skyler usually doesn't consider people in his decisions. Even at their worst, ENFJs still keep their focus on people.

Good ENFJ:
    Playful, pleasant

Bad ENFJ:
    Manipulative, selfish

Bad Fe-dom: ''HOW CAN YOU BE SO SELFISH, YOU ONLY THINK ABOUT YOURSELF''
    Selfish, as the person thinks his/her interest is everyone's best interests. Uses guilt trip to make people do whathever the person thinks they should do. Key word is INDIRECT.

Bad Te-dom: ''YOU MUST DO IT NOW, OTHERWISE THERE ARE GONNA BE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES''
    Selfish, but the person reasons his/her ideas are the most efficient. ''My way or the highway''. The key word is DIRECT.

Skyler is always direct with what she wants to be done. She doesn't make any niceties, she just bluntly tells people what is wrong with they are doing and what should be done to make it right. And I think you are wrong when you say she is ''constanly spewing her emotions''. Being impulsive and being emotional are different things.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Senior Member Array uncommonentity's Avatar

Hh-h..h.hey... Y-y-you G-g-guys.
    Veni, Vidi, Cessi.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by uncommonentity View Post

Hh-h..h.hey... Y-y-you G-g-guys.
    Hey, you shouldn't make fun of disabled people!
    Even though that was funny shit lol
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast