User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Thread: Breaking Bad

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Have you seen some in advance or something? I'm fully up-to-date with what has aired (and there are only two left this season for me). I'm not sure what "(this season ooh open-ended statement yet again - what season has 6 shows?)" means exactly. Are referring to season one? That had six or seven episodes. All the others are 12. And next season is 16 episodes, and will be the show's final season.
    Thanks for your thoughts. I'll expand a little on my opinion.

The first season had 7 (not 6) shows. As a pilot season, that's not too uncommon, testing things out. Season 2 was 13 episodes. Season 3 was 13 episodes, and this season, season 4 again 13 episodes. Aug 14 the season was renewed to season 5, as you say 16 episodes - prior to this renewal, it was understood that this season WAS likely the end however. The promotions changed from the end of "Breaking Bad" to the end of this season of "Breaking Bad". That's what I meant with open-ended up there.

Season 1: set up of all the characters. Extremely well done. You are introduced to each, each with texture and motivation.

Season 2: evolution of the characters - enmeshment with the plot. Walter White still has a human side, but it is faltering, and that's OK, and not OK.

Season 3:

Season 4:

But these are just my opinions. They're not fully fleshed out to explain all the reasons I feel this way, and to do so would take more effort than a show on TV deserves from me atm.

But I am glad you are enjoying the show, if I didn't get hooked obviously I wouldn't be tuned in either.

Fan and critical support of the show is as strong if not stronger than ever. It's worth sticking with and deciding on your own.
    I agree. It's worth the watch.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by shoshana View Post
    how does everyone feel about the progression of skyler's character? she has been really pissing me off in the last two seasons and i want so badly to like her again!
    I liked her for about twenty seconds.
    The Justice Fighter

INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

My guess:

Oh, and I forgot to put Saul in my list: ENTP!
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Should that have been in some spoiler tags?

I have no idea who Gustavo is...

Or if he's even a reference to 'Breaking Bad' or something else entirely...
    The Justice Fighter

I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    I think Jesse is an ESFP. Very impulsive, rash, physical, often throwing himself into action and chaos without thinking of long-term consequences. He's also shown a side that's ethical, sensitive, and prone to deep guilt over his own actions and moral outrage over others'. He's been pretty troubled for much of the series, which may be why he doesn't show that spark and warmth that ESFPs usually do, and sometimes seems more introverted or flat.
    He's got an introspective side that comes from leading with Fi though I think. ISFP's often come across as being pretty extroverted, they are probably the most extroverted introvert IMO.

I'm not at all convinced Skyler is a Feeler of any sort. One of the comments from an online recap pointed out that a major weakness in Skyler's plans and schemes is in predicting people's reactions. This is typically a strength of NFJs, but Skyler doesn't have it. She plans things out in detail, she sees a lot of possibilities and covers all her bases and crunches numbers....but she slips up when people's unanticipated feelings, behaviour or reactions throw things off. I'll put some specific examples below in spoiler tags (they are from the end of season 3 right up to where we are now):
    Yes these are good points ... I think they set her character up as an ENFJ though, but it's not remaining consistent, somehow?

But that could still be Fe - what will people think when they see this car? It doesn't fit the "story" ...

No, that could be Fe too - Fe is very resourceful in matters of people-stuff, it was a good story in that it could be believed within the context of the situation, from the people and practical POV's.

From your list - yes, I could see Mike as an ISTJ as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    For Walt to succeed at any of the things he does, he has to alter the circumstance of pretty much everyone else. Season two has a lot of these moments and maybe is even an examination of them. Especially near the end of the season. No spoilers.
    Yes, if something doesn't happen soon, he needs to hand in the INTJ card ...
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    eNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Should that have been in some spoiler tags?

I have no idea who Gustavo is...

Or if he's even a reference to 'Breaking Bad' or something else entirely...

are you following the new season...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by shoshana View Post
    are you following the new season...
    I'm only on season 2.

Watching on netflix.
    The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    eNTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I'm only on season 2.

Watching on netflix.
    dont ask questions then. she is referring to a character in the recent season.

you should prolly stay clear of this thread until you are caught up ;P

i'm addicted. enjoy!