• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Breaking Bad

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Pffft, Xena herself ended up a Harry Potter. She could do the wrong thing but couldn't fail to defeat the baddies. It's the peril all heroes with their name in their show's title must face.

Callisto, on the other hand....

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
He's got an introspective side that comes from leading with Fi though I think. ISFP's often come across as being pretty extroverted, they are probably the most extroverted introvert IMO.

I see an introspective side, but I don't think it dominates his personality; it seems to come and go. So does his ethical side; he sometimes just abandons it and gets immersed in the action. I dunno. I don't think he's super extraverted, but Se seems to dominate his personality more than Fi. He also seems to seek out tons of stimulation when he's stressed or troubled (we saw this early this season), while introverts are more likely to hole up.

Yes these are good points ... I think they set her character up as an ENFJ though, but it's not remaining consistent, somehow?

Possibly; that can happen pretty easily on TV shows. Characters' behave in whatever way will make the best show. (Same thing with Walt too...I can see times when INTJ is almost believable, others when he shows a major lack of foresight compared to other characters). Skyler never seemed that Fe-ish to me though.

But that could still be Fe - what will people think when they see this car? It doesn't fit the "story" ...

No, that could be Fe too - Fe is very resourceful in matters of people-stuff, it was a good story in that it could be believed within the context of the situation, from the people and practical POV's.

Gotta use spoiler tags here....

Anyways...two episodes left. Anyone have guesses about the rest of this season??

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jesse is a damned ISTP, I think he leads with Ti, not Fi or Se and Walter is so obvious INTJ just like Gus.

deleted
Walt - INTJ
Skyler - INFJ
Jesse - ESFP
Gus - INTJ
Mike - ISTP
Saul - ENTP
Jane - INTP
Hank - ESTP
Marie - ESFJ
Gale - Ni

Last edited:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Jesse is a damned ISTP...

...and Walter is so obvious INTJ just like Gus.

Skyler White: ESTJ (I think she is hardcore Te and I can't see how she could be a F)

Skyler: ENTJ

Honestly, you guys are smoking crack if you think Skyler's an ETJ.

From the very get-go, I said, "Definitely EJ". Then, after considering ETJ for a short while, I concluded, "Definitely EFJ".

After reading your guys' opinions that she is an ETJ, I went back and watched 6+ episodes with this in mind, and it couldn't be any further from the truth. An ETJ would never deal with things the way she does. None of the issues she has would be dealt with in the same way. There's just no way. Every single time she shows up on screen and is making some face, I'm just like, "Oh, god, the Fe is just bleeding thru the fucking screen". Te does not disgust me in this way; Fe does. My family is full of TJs and FJs. I know the difference.

I'm not at all convinced Skyler is a Feeler of any sort. One of the comments from an online recap pointed out that a major weakness in Skyler's plans and schemes is in predicting people's reactions. This is typically a strength of NFJs, but Skyler doesn't have it. She plans things out in detail, she sees a lot of possibilities and covers all her bases and crunches numbers....but she slips up when people's unanticipated feelings, behaviour or reactions throw things off. I'll put some specific examples below in spoiler tags (they are from the end of season 3 right up to where we are now):

This is all actually decent reasoning, which is why I considered it, but I still think you're dead wrong.

I simply would not have the reaction I have towards her if she were an ETJ.

Look at some of the female characters on 'Frasier' for ETJ women (the brunette station manager chick, and the blonde financial news chick). ETJ chicks aren't all emo and feely and shit; they're hard, like robots, or statues; Skyler is constantly spewing her emotions all over the place. When ETJ chicks are pissed, you might see anger, but you won't see this constant emoting that Skyler engages in.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Honestly, you guys are smoking crack if you think Skyler's an ETJ.

From the very get-go, I said, "Definitely EJ". Then, after considering ETJ for a short while, I concluded, "Definitely EFJ".

After reading your guys' opinions that she is an ETJ, I went back and watched 6+ episodes with this in mind, and it couldn't be any further from the truth. An ETJ would never deal with things the way she does. None of the issues she has would be dealt with in the same way. There's just no way. Every single time she shows up on screen and is making some face, I'm just like, "Oh, god, the Fe is just bleeding thru the fucking screen". Te does not disgust me in this way; Fe does. My family is full of TJs and FJs. I know the difference.

Sounds like you are associating Fe with irrational decision making, and it is not how it works. Thing is, Skyler usually doesn't consider people in his decisions. Even at their worst, ENFJs still keep their focus on people.

Good ENFJ:
Playful, pleasant

Bad ENFJ:
Manipulative, selfish

Bad Fe-dom: ''HOW CAN YOU BE SO SELFISH, YOU ONLY THINK ABOUT YOURSELF''
Selfish, as the person thinks his/her interest is everyone's best interests. Uses guilt trip to make people do whathever the person thinks they should do. Key word is INDIRECT.

Bad Te-dom: ''YOU MUST DO IT NOW, OTHERWISE THERE ARE GONNA BE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES''
Selfish, but the person reasons his/her ideas are the most efficient. ''My way or the highway''. The key word is DIRECT.

Skyler is always direct with what she wants to be done. She doesn't make any niceties, she just bluntly tells people what is wrong with they are doing and what should be done to make it right. And I think you are wrong when you say she is ''constanly spewing her emotions''. Being impulsive and being emotional are different things.

uncommonentity

episode8walterjr760.jpg

Hh-h..h.hey... Y-y-you G-g-guys.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Bad Fe-dom: ''HOW CAN YOU BE SO SELFISH, YOU ONLY THINK ABOUT YOURSELF''
Selfish, as the person thinks his/her interest is everyone's best interests. Uses guilt trip to make people do whathever the person thinks they should do. Key word is INDIRECT.

This is Skyler.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Gale - INFP

Really? Gale has to be one of the most transparently INTP characters I've ever seen (right up there with that dude in your avatar). I guess this would be my second choice if I had to have one, but...

deleted
I was just trying not to take into consideration that he's a scientist, but that rather he came across sensitive and emotional/mood-based, like I could easily tell he may as well have some feeling principles going on underneath it all and he might get defensive, but that never happened. He just always seemed to be sensitively gauging the emotional responses of others, and he never came across as the Ti kind of thinker to me, but I could be wrong. Maybe I just need to take into account there's a good chance he's gay, but I liked his music. Walt and he seemed to be jiving well because of their similar functions ("Walt, give me the Si and Te I need to be a master") and he was always polite and humble towards him, but then Walt started to feel he was too weird/gay for him or something.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was just trying not to take into consideration that he's a scientist, but that rather he came across sensitive and emotional/mood-based, like I could easily tell he may as well have some feeling principles going on underneath it all and he might get defensive, but that never happened. He just always seemed to be sensitively gauging the emotional responses of others, and he never came across as the Ti kind of thinker to me, but I could be wrong. Maybe I just need to take into account there's a good chance he's gay, but I liked his music. Walt and he seemed to be jiving well because of their similar functions ("Walt, give me the Si and Te I need to be a master") and he was always polite and humble towards him, but then Walt started to feel he was too weird/gay for him or something.

Gale's willingness to please is just Ne seeking external confirmation and recogniton more than Fi based emotional radar, he seems quite friendly but sensitive, I dunno bout that. He is one geeky ass INTP, Jesse's girlfriend Jane is a more cynical representation of a INTP I think.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here is their MBTI type plus Big 5/enneagram

Walter White: INTJ 6w5 RCOEI
Skyler White: ExFJ 3w2 SCOAx
Walter Jr: INTP 9w8 RCUAI
Hank: ESTP 7w8 SCUAN
Marie: ESFP ? SLUEN
Jesse: ISTP 6w7 xLUEN
Tuco: ESTP 8w7 SLUEN
Gus: INTJ 1w9 RCOEI
Jane: INTP 5w4 RLUEI

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Walter: INTJ
Jesse: xSFP
Skyler: ENFJ
Hank ESTP
Marie: ESFJ
Saul: ENTP
Walt Jr: ISFP
Gus: INTJ
Gale: INTP
Jane: IxxP

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Walter Jr: INTP 9w8 RCUAI

I (and I don't think I'm alone here) have trouble with Walt Jr. Many seem to agree on the I and the P. I'm beginning to think it's IxFP. I could see N and S arguments. What's your reason for INTP (I think maybe others have agreed in this thread).

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Which one is Jesse's neighbor chick? Gale or Jane?

Whichever she is, that chick's an ITP.

Not sure about N vs S...

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I (and I don't think I'm alone here) have trouble with Walt Jr. Many seem to agree on the I and the P. I'm beginning to think it's IxFP. I could see N and S arguments. What's your reason for INTP (I think maybe others have agreed in this thread).

I'm with you, in that I'm only really certain that Walt Jr. is an IP.

After that, I don't think he's been developed enough (at least where I am in the series [near the end of season 2]).

I'm also in the SFP camp for Jesse; when does that guy ever seem objective at all? As such, how can you choose T over F?

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
This is Skyler.

Hmm. When I first read [MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] 's examples I thought the "bad Te dom" seemed a lot more like Skyler. Thinking back to earlier in the show though, I can remember some times when she did seem more moralistic in her controlling behaviour. My perceptions are probably more influenced by the current season, since that's what's most on my mind now. When was she ever indirect though? When she thought someone was being selfish or doing something wrong, she'd come right out and bitch at them for being selfish or doing something wrong. She was never much of a sneaky manipulator.

I've been paying more attention to what she says and does than how she says and does it. Maybe the script was written with a certain type of character in mind and the actress brought a different flavour to it.

Really? Gale has to be one of the most transparently INTP characters I've ever seen (right up there with that dude in your avatar). I guess this would be my second choice if I had to have one, but...

I'd pick INTP first, ENTP second. Never thought he was any kind of F. He's wussy and childlike, but that's not F preference.

Which one is Jesse's neighbor chick? Gale or Jane?

Whichever she is, that chick's an ITP.

Not sure about N vs S...

That would be Jane. Gale is male, and shows up in season 3.

I didn't attempt to type Jane. I thought she was Ti dom after watching season 2, but later on there's a clip where she's talking about art that made me wonder about that.