User Tag List

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 434

Thread: Breaking Bad

  1. #401
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    But both science and MBTI attempt to describe reality, whereas fiction wants to exemplify ideas.
    Science theorizes; whereas MBTI hypothesizes. Yes both attempt to describe reality but so does creationism. But until that day comes both will remain fiction and what not is best at exemplifying fictional theories than fiction itself?

    I am not a denier of MTBI. However I believe - as so many others - that real people are more complicated to only indicate traits attributed to their MBTI, enneagram, instinctual variant types. But fictional characters are better at staying true to these stereotypical traits; unless the writers are making the character go through a personality change for any number of reasons such as: character development, maturity, plot twists, shock etc.

  2. #402
    Senior Member Array The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I expressed my reaction to your premature surrender.


    The point was that you had no argument in your response to Stephano (hence this post, a mirroring of your own words). I wanted to find out whether you are just too deep into it to realize that you forgot that your opinion needs evidence as well or whether you simply lack, say, the knack to reflect these workings even if the situation calls for it.
    So what are you saying that because it is a fictional character he can't be typed because he isn't real?

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Could you go into the specifics a bit more; rather than implying you've seen it when the two are interacting? You did say he 'constantly' use it. Nico does seem to have a point; you haven't forgotten, you just probably don't know/have much to back things up. But that was walt, this is hank. I will admit i'm an idiot for not seeing the obvious if you provide undeniable examples (atleast 5). *eagerly waits to admit stupidity*
    I will get you some specific examples when I have more time. I am bogged down with classes right now. However, I can say this...

    **Don't look at this people unless you have seen season 5, it contains spoilers.**


  3. #403
    vaudeville villain Array Hive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    So what are you saying that because it is a fictional character he can't be typed because he isn't real?
    Your argument was "Walt displays Ni and Te", providing no reasoning or evidence whatsoever. Nicodemus mirrored your "argument" to show how pointless and unsubstantial it was, not to make a point about Walt's type.

    Why you think he claims that fictional characters can't be typed is beyond me.

    I do think Walt's an IxTJ though, I'm just not entirely sold on INTJ. I agree that Jesse's ESFP (and 6w7), probably the easiest character to type.

  4. #404
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    On the contrary I believe fictional characters are truer to the limitations mbti than rl people (who change every second). Besides the truer the actor is to the role the better defined the character becomes.
    For the most part, I agree with you. However, I also think this is a reflection of the fact that fictional characters often fall short of depicting decent character development.

    (In no way am I saying that Breaking Bad lacks character development.) But, consider a character like House. He underwent radical changes over the course of several seasons and now everybody dogpiles on discussions about him with divergent theories.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    So what are you saying that because it is a fictional character he can't be typed because he isn't real?
    Technically, I agree with this. Those who agree with me probably participate in these kinds of threads for gits and shittles/ boredom. So you're going to run into situations where your argument isn't going to be as accepted as you think it should because you're unaware of unsaid predicates.

  5. #405
    Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    watched a little further. Gus is definitely 8 fixed.
    INTJ 5w6 or 3w4>8w9 Sp/?? (probably Sp/So)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  6. #406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    So what are you saying that because it is a fictional character he can't be typed because he isn't real?
    What unsung sang.

  7. #407
    Senior Member Array The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unsung View Post
    Your argument was "Walt displays Ni and Te", providing no reasoning or evidence whatsoever. Nicodemus mirrored your "argument" to show how pointless and unsubstantial it was, not to make a point about Walt's type.

    Why you think he claims that fictional characters can't be typed is beyond me.

    I do think Walt's an IxTJ though, I'm just not entirely sold on INTJ. I agree that Jesse's ESFP (and 6w7), probably the easiest character to type.
    I do agree that Walt has a certain SJishness about him in the first season. However, the Ni and Te show their head in the later seasons.

    **Spoiler for anyone who hasn't seen all the episodes**



    The man is the master of these Ni<Te plots, that's why I'm more inclined to think of him as an INTJ.

  8. #408
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I do agree that Walt has a certain SJishness about him in the first season. However, the Ni and Te show their head in the later seasons.

    **Spoiler for anyone who hasn't seen all the episodes**



    The man is the master of these Ni<Te plots, that's why I'm more inclined to think of him as an INTJ.
    In the examples you used, how would an Ne-Ti person, like an ENTP, have acted differently than INTJ Walt? I'd assume it would be pretty similarly considering the fact that it's still N-T at use.

  9. #409
    Certified Sausage Smoker Array Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    finished!

    Walter: INTJ 6w5>8w9>3w2 Sp/Sx (could possibly see a really reactive 5w6)
    Jesse: ESFP 6w7>8w7>2w3 Sx/So
    Skylar: ENFJ 6w7>1w2>3w2 Sx/Sp
    Hank: ES?P or ENTJ 8w7>6w7>3w2 So/Sp (possibly So/Sx)
    Marie: E??P 6w7>2w3>9w8 Sp/Sx
    Walt Jr.: ISFP 9w8>6w7>2w3 So/Sx

    Tuco: ESTP 8w7>6w7>3w2 Sx/So or So/Sx
    Saul: ENTP 7w6>3w2>9w8 Sp/So
    Gus: INTJ some sort of 3w4/5w6/8w9 combo Sp/Sx (possibly Sp/So)
    Mike: ISTP 8w9>6w5>2w3 Sp/Sx?
    Jane: ??FP 7w6>4w5>9w8 Sx/Sp
    Lydia: ENTJ 6w7>3w4>9w8 Sp/So
    Todd: ?SF? 6w7?>2w3?>9w8 ??/??
    Elliot: ENFJ 2w3>5w6>9w1 So/Sp
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  10. #410
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    finished!

    Walter: INTJ 6w5>8w9>3w2 Sp/Sx (could possibly see a really reactive 5w6)
    Jesse: ESFP 6w7>8w7>2w3 Sx/So
    Skylar: ENFJ 6w7>1w2>3w2 Sx/Sp
    Hank: ES?P or ENTJ 8w7>6w7>3w2 So/Sp (possibly So/Sx)
    Marie: E??P 6w7>2w3>9w8 Sp/Sx
    Walt Jr.: ISFP 9w8>6w7>2w3 So/Sx

    Tuco: ESTP 8w7>6w7>3w2 Sx/So or So/Sx
    Saul: ENTP 7w6>3w2>9w8 Sp/So
    Gus: INTJ some sort of 3w4/5w6/8w9 combo Sp/Sx (possibly Sp/So)
    Mike: ISTP 8w9>6w5>2w3 Sp/Sx?
    Jane: ??FP 7w6>4w5>9w8 Sx/Sp
    Lydia: ENTJ 6w7>3w4>9w8 Sp/So
    Todd: ?SF? 6w7?>2w3?>9w8 ??/??
    Elliot: ENFJ 2w3>5w6>9w1 So/Sp
    A lot of 6w7s there...

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Breaking Bad
    By Argus in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-12-2010, 02:34 AM
  2. [SJ] SJ---Breaking Rules
    By heart in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 12:52 PM
  3. breaking the law
    By passingby in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 10-14-2008, 11:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •