• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Breaking Bad

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ

Nicodemus

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Have you seen some in advance or something? I'm fully up-to-date with what has aired (and there are only two left this season for me). I'm not sure what "(this season ooh open-ended statement yet again - what season has 6 shows?)" means exactly. Are referring to season one? That had six or seven episodes. All the others are 12. And next season is 16 episodes, and will be the show's final season.

Thanks for your thoughts. I'll expand a little on my opinion.

The first season had 7 (not 6) shows. As a pilot season, that's not too uncommon, testing things out. Season 2 was 13 episodes. Season 3 was 13 episodes, and this season, season 4 again 13 episodes. Aug 14 the season was renewed to season 5, as you say 16 episodes - prior to this renewal, it was understood that this season WAS likely the end however. The promotions changed from the end of "Breaking Bad" to the end of this season of "Breaking Bad". That's what I meant with open-ended up there.

Season 1: set up of all the characters. Extremely well done. You are introduced to each, each with texture and motivation.

Season 2: evolution of the characters - enmeshment with the plot. Walter White still has a human side, but it is faltering, and that's OK, and not OK.

Season 3:

Season 4:

But these are just my opinions. They're not fully fleshed out to explain all the reasons I feel this way, and to do so would take more effort than a show on TV deserves from me atm.

But I am glad you are enjoying the show, if I didn't get hooked obviously I wouldn't be tuned in either. :laugh:

Fan and critical support of the show is as strong if not stronger than ever. It's worth sticking with and deciding on your own.

I agree. It's worth the watch.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
how does everyone feel about the progression of skyler's character? she has been really pissing me off in the last two seasons and i want so badly to like her again!

I liked her for about twenty seconds.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
My guess:

Oh, and I forgot to put Saul in my list: ENTP!

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

Should that have been in some spoiler tags?

I have no idea who Gustavo is...

Or if he's even a reference to 'Breaking Bad' or something else entirely...

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I think Jesse is an ESFP. Very impulsive, rash, physical, often throwing himself into action and chaos without thinking of long-term consequences. He's also shown a side that's ethical, sensitive, and prone to deep guilt over his own actions and moral outrage over others'. He's been pretty troubled for much of the series, which may be why he doesn't show that spark and warmth that ESFPs usually do, and sometimes seems more introverted or flat.

He's got an introspective side that comes from leading with Fi though I think. ISFP's often come across as being pretty extroverted, they are probably the most extroverted introvert IMO.

I'm not at all convinced Skyler is a Feeler of any sort. One of the comments from an online recap pointed out that a major weakness in Skyler's plans and schemes is in predicting people's reactions. This is typically a strength of NFJs, but Skyler doesn't have it. She plans things out in detail, she sees a lot of possibilities and covers all her bases and crunches numbers....but she slips up when people's unanticipated feelings, behaviour or reactions throw things off. I'll put some specific examples below in spoiler tags (they are from the end of season 3 right up to where we are now):

Yes these are good points ... I think they set her character up as an ENFJ though, but it's not remaining consistent, somehow?

But that could still be Fe - what will people think when they see this car? It doesn't fit the "story" ...

No, that could be Fe too - Fe is very resourceful in matters of people-stuff, it was a good story in that it could be believed within the context of the situation, from the people and practical POV's.

From your list - yes, I could see Mike as an ISTJ as well.

For Walt to succeed at any of the things he does, he has to alter the circumstance of pretty much everyone else. Season two has a lot of these moments and maybe is even an examination of them. Especially near the end of the season. No spoilers.

Yes, if something doesn't happen soon, he needs to hand in the INTJ card ...

shoshana

MBTI Type
eNTJ
Instinctual Variant
so
Should that have been in some spoiler tags?

I have no idea who Gustavo is...

Or if he's even a reference to 'Breaking Bad' or something else entirely...

are you following the new season... :huh:

shoshana

MBTI Type
eNTJ
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm only on season 2.

Watching on netflix.

dont ask questions then. she is referring to a character in the recent season.

you should prolly stay clear of this thread until you are caught up ;P

i'm addicted. enjoy! :D

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
dont ask questions then. she is referring to a character in the recent season.

you should prolly stay clear of this thread until you are caught up ;P

i'm addicted. enjoy! :D

yeah, i figured.

i think i'm doing alright, so long as people keep using spoiler tags properly (she and i already worked that one out).

yeah, it's pretty f'ing good.

i think i liked season 1 more than season 2, though, at least thus far (thru 5 episodes).

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
OK. I just found this thread. I'm totally addicted to this show. It's a piece of art.

I can't type everyone, but I always thought both Walt and Gus were INTJs. I like seeing them battle it out with their über strategist skills... so INTJ. Though I think Walt let's his pride get the better of him in a way that Gus does not.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Can you put some frickin spoiler tags up there, ENFP? @Esoteric Wench

I got til it said "battle it out" and then averted my gaze.

:doh:

Anyway, was gunna say, just got through Season 2, Episode 6, and I guess I'm starting to see the INTJ in Walt.

:popc1:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ

My guess:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
[MENTION=5731]Kalach[/MENTION]:

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I actually don't like speculating about this show that much. I used to be a big tv show mythology booster (*sigh*, Xena), but there's something about Walt were I prefer to see him surprise me. The kind of reactions he has are frequently, in strict terms, dumb, but I sort of recognise that dumbness as being a J trait, an unwillingness to face the moment, and that's fine. Boring on the whole, but fine. Because from time to time he shows off the other side. Or I hope he does. The side where all things, even the worst things, can be thought, and sometimes influence action.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Aww Xena ...

attachment.php