User Tag List

First 23313233343543 Last

Thread: Breaking Bad

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I like and would really like to see this 'The Wire' ending happening, but I expect Walt is going to go out in a blaze of glory. His revenge, in contrast to Gus', involves only three people, of which only Jack should pose a slight problem. After that, Walt has nothing to live for anymore. I doubt money alone will do it for him. And there is the ever-present cancer. The fact that he and his face are now known by the general public also kind of stands in the way of him filling Gus' role; he would have to stay in the shadows for a long time to come.
    To clarify, I don't see Walt literally becoming Gus, I mean interiorly in a way that transforms his outer manifestation to be more similar to Gus. And I agree - Todd is brilliantly understated.

Some more thoughts.
    WARNING - do not read if you don't like guesses about TV shows:

"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Walter - INTJ
    Jesse - ESFP
    Skyler - ENFJ
    Hank - ESTP
    Marie - ESFP ?? Can't think of other types for her.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Walter - INTJ
    Jesse - ESFP
    Skyler - ENFJ
    Hank - ESTP
    Marie - ESFP ?? Can't think of other types for her.
    Hank is an esfp whereas Marie is an estp. Hank clearly exhibits Fi value judgement and Te decision making; whereas Marie exhibits Fe guilt tripping, manpulation and Ti branded opportunistic cunning.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

All types make value judgements and decisions. The question is whether the mechanism for making them is introverted or extroverted. Hank displays fe in his typical macho bravado and
    He clearly introverts his logical workings (it's not obvious at first what a great investigator he is) and extroverts his emotional workings (he's a boisterous guy).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Emotionalogic View Post
    Walter White: INTJ 5w6 (he says he's a 6 doing it all for his family, but that's just ancillary. His real motive is classic 5 self-actualization)
    Skylar White: ESFJ 3w2 (I see no evidence for intuition. She's focused on keeping up appearances, and she has no abstract interests; she worked as an accountant and liked it)
    Walter "Flynn" White jr: ISFP 9w1 (An N would not be so excited about a new car. A T would have known his Dad was a drug lord)
    Jesse Pinkman: ESFP 7w6 (He throws parties when he's depressed. Only an ESFP, lol)
    Hank Schrader: ESTP 7w8 (His fun-loving side is stronger than his dominating side when we see him in his natural state at the beginning of the series. Later events brought out the 8. He arguably changed to an 8w7 in the second half of season 5)
    Marie Schrader: ESFP 6w7 (caught between a desire for spontaneity and a desire for security, like Jesse. Unlike Jesse, security wins)
    Gus Fring: INTP 6w5 (a cautious man, who doesn't let on with his thinking - ti. He's also pretty laid back and unflappable. He looks anal because he's a 6, not because he's a J)
    Saul Goodman: ENTP 7w6 (obvious. The 6 comes out in his new desire to live a simple life)
    Mike Ehrmantraut: ISTJ 6w5 (obvious)
    Lydia Rodarte-Quayle: ISFJ 6w5 (This character is funny because her personality is as far from Drug Lord as you can get)
    Todd Alquist: ESFJ 2w3 (This character is funny because his personality is as far from Hitman as you can get)
    Uncle Jack: ESTP 8w7 (Obvious - he's Darth Hank)
    Gale Boetticher: INTP 7w6 (Obvious)

Interesting that 6 popped up so much - seems everyone on this show is looking for some security.
    Excellent typings.

I'm not sure I agree about Gus.

And I'm not sure who Todd or Uncle Jack are.

I think most all of the others are spot on (still not sure about Lydia's MBTI type, tho).

I'd be interested to see what you think the various character's instinctual variants are -- particularly Walter.

Oh, and I can understand your argument for Skyler, but something still has me leaning towards ENFJ.

Oh, and I don't think INTPs can be enneagram 7s (or at least such a thing is extremely rare).
    The Justice Fighter

INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Working up...
    Gale is a clear 7; he cooks because its fun, he likes Mexican opera because its fun, etc. He's your cliche enthusiastic nerd. He could be an ENTP (more common for 7s), but he seemed introverted to me. He didn't seem to need much company.

I don't understand how Skylar is in any way intuitive. She and Walt are constantly at N vs. S cross purposes. Unlike Walt, she seems happy with quiet suburban life (a life sfjs often gravitate towards), and her strengths are the nitty gritty details of running the business.

I don't know much about instinctual variants, and I find them of little value, but I'd guess Walt is sp/so. He doesn't need strong close relationships with people, concepts, or experiences, but he is very focused on taking care of those close to him (even if that kills the relationship). Jesse is sx/so, Hank is so/sx, Skylar is sp/so (her relationship with Walt is lacking in any kind of passion, on both sides), Flynn is so/sx, Gus is sp/so, Marie is sx/sp, Saul is sp/so, Mike is so/sp, Lydia is sp/so, Todd is so/sx, Jack is sp/sx, and Gale is so/sx.

Lydia is detail oriented, paranoid, and logistical (si), and emotional and empathetic (she has to cover her eyes when she sees death, thinks about what her daughter will think if she never finds her body, etc. fe.) She fits the sj temperament, and she isn't very social (i). 6w5 explains the paranoia.

Gus is organized and efficient, but he's also calm, patient, and diplomatic rather than directive (fe over te). INFJ could work, but he definitely seems like a t, and inferior fe appears much more likely than tertiary, considering his motivation, profession, and attitude.

Thanks.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Emotionalogic View Post
    Working up...
    Gale is a clear 7; he cooks because its fun, he likes Mexican opera because its fun, etc. He's your cliche enthusiastic nerd. He could be an ENTP (more common for 7s), but he seemed introverted to me. He didn't seem to need much company.
    Gale seems more 9w8, he seems very amiable, passive, easygoing, 7s are more likely to be ExxPs while 9 fits a lot of IxxP traits, he is definitely INTP too, like a textbook example.

I don't understand how Skylar is in any way intuitive. She and Walt are constantly at N vs. S cross purposes. Unlike Walt, she seems happy with quiet suburban life (a life sfjs often gravitate towards), and her strengths are the nitty gritty details of running the business.
    She does have a creative outlet in writing stories, her wanting a stable suburban lifestyle fits more with Fe, she seems just as strategic as Walt, just in a more interpersonal way. I think she is an ENFJ because she constantly sees through all his schemes, he tries to manipulate her but she is usually on to him before long, she has a NJ strategic bent in the same way as Walt.

Lydia is detail oriented, paranoid, and logistical (si), and emotional and empathetic (she has to cover her eyes when she sees death, thinks about what her daughter will think if she never finds her body, etc. fe.) She fits the sj temperament, and she isn't very social (i). 6w5 explains the paranoia.
    I do think Lydia is at least a ISJ but she seems more Te oriented, her being squeamish(she's a uptight, paranoid wreck in general) sounds like classic Si and her concern for her daughter having closure over her death seems more Fi so I think ISTJ is a better fit. Whatever type she is she is definitely one of the most evil characters on the show(along with Todd).

Gus is organized and efficient, but he's also calm, patient, and diplomatic rather than directive (fe over te). INFJ could work, but he definitely seems like a t, and inferior fe appears much more likely than tertiary, considering his motivation, profession, and attitude.
    Gus is so so INTJ just like Walter, he has had a lot more time to develop into a drug kingpin, he has shown a consistency at contingency planning and implementation(Te) that an INTP would eventually falter and slip up, he's been doing this for decades without getting caught.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Gale doesn't have an 8 bone in his body. I could see 9w1, its implied he has Libertarian ideals. I still think "enthusiast" describes him perfectly. He also seems like a security-oriented homebody (6 wing).

Skylar doesn't have a strategic bent. She always reacts to Walt's strategies. Because sensors are more common than intuitives, the burden of proof is on intuition. I see no evidence for it in Skylar. Her writing stories is a footnote (and any type can do it). Her professions are housewife and accountant, perhaps the two most SJ professions out there. She prefers simple, direct language, and always becomes irritated when Walt tries to explain the situation in metaphors and the like. She doesn't constantly see through his schemes; it took her two seasons to figure out he was cooking meth! And she's definitely more concerned with practical matters like how to launder the money or keep up appearances, the the great irritation of her intuitive husband.

Lydia extroverts emotion. She wheedles and whinges, she doesn't command or categorize. She doesn't deal with the external world logically. An ISTJ would not have had Todd lead her through the bodies like that. It humiliated her in front of her inferiors and made her look unprofessional.

Gus also uses fe rather than fi. It's repressed, so he doesn't come across as emotional, but he reads social situations and blends in like a pro. INTJs can't do that, at least not as naturally. Ni-Fi won't let them; they have to stand out. Walt and Gus provide a perfect INTJ INTP contrast. Walt is choleric, Gus is patient. Walt commands, Gus builds. Walt wants power, Gus wants a stable system. Walt's plans include others, Gus's plans are inscrutable. Walt is motivated by internalized emotion (his lust for power and his need to be a good provider), while Gus is motivated by externalized emotion (his need for revenge, his desire for a community). Walt wins precisely because Gus was less adept at contingency planning and implementation.
    Likes Belle of Kilronan liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Hank is an esfp whereas Marie is an estp. Hank clearly exhibits Fi value judgement and Te decision making; whereas Marie exhibits Fe guilt tripping, manpulation and Ti branded opportunistic cunning.
    I think you're right on Hank. I have no idea what Marie's type is, but I think Jesse is an ENFP, just watched season 2 epsiode 6.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

A good finale.