User Tag List

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    'Sociopath' and 'psychopath' mean very much the same thing. If we were to ascribe medical conditions to the characters, I think Todd would be eligible for a mild psychopath label. To his credit, though, he is not cruel for no reason. He does what he deems necessary; thus he can spare Skyler, whereas he needs to remove Jesse's remaining link to hope.

ISTP, of course.
    he was a bit creepy smiley watching jesse describe how he just shot that kid out of the blue.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Stansmith

Todd's character is a mix of Sociopath and E9.

MBTI
    INTJ

Second half of season 5:

Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Although I am taking a forum break, I did want to put some thoughts down here before the series ender. I've been avoiding any spoilers like the plague, but I have my own predictions too and want to try to get them out and see how the series goes in relation to what I imagine could happen.

Please don't read if you don't want to follow my spoiler-ish train of thought on where I imagine the series ender could go, and I've tried to put enough blah blah blah preamble text in here so that it doesn't show any of the spoiler itself in the news feed:

"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Riva

^ this week's episode's ending was really nice. Because that is where walt finally decided to take action against what has been plaguing him for the longest period of time; his old crush and his old best friend. Also loved the music they played at the end. Don't think it has been played before in the entire series.

Senior Member Array pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Although I am taking a forum break, I did want to put some thoughts down here before the series ender. I've been avoiding any spoilers like the plague, but I have my own predictions too and want to try to get them out and see how the series goes in relation to what I imagine could happen.

Please don't read if you don't want to follow my spoiler-ish train of thought on where I imagine the series ender could go, and I've tried to put enough blah blah blah preamble text in here so that it doesn't show any of the spoiler itself in the news feed:

yeah but Gus wasn't dying of cancer. this isn't a new beginning for walt, it's the end.
    also, mike is intelligent, todd is just dumb. not comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post

I like and would really like to see this 'The Wire' ending happening, but I expect Walt is going to go out in a blaze of glory. His revenge, in contrast to Gus', involves only three people, of which only Jack should pose a slight problem. After that, Walt has nothing to live for anymore. I doubt money alone will do it for him. And there is the ever-present cancer. The fact that he and his face are now known by the general public also kind of stands in the way of him filling Gus' role; he would have to stay in the shadows for a long time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    also, mike is intelligent, todd is just dumb. not comparable.
    Todd is not dumb at all. Whatever gave you that idea?

Senior Member Array Emotionalogic's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Walter White: INTJ 5w6 (he says he's a 6 doing it all for his family, but that's just ancillary. His real motive is classic 5 self-actualization)
    Skylar White: ESFJ 3w2 (I see no evidence for intuition. She's focused on keeping up appearances, and she has no abstract interests; she worked as an accountant and liked it)
    Walter "Flynn" White jr: ISFP 9w1 (An N would not be so excited about a new car. A T would have known his Dad was a drug lord)
    Jesse Pinkman: ESFP 7w6 (He throws parties when he's depressed. Only an ESFP, lol)
    Hank Schrader: ESTP 7w8 (His fun-loving side is stronger than his dominating side when we see him in his natural state at the beginning of the series. Later events brought out the 8. He arguably changed to an 8w7 in the second half of season 5)
    Marie Schrader: ESFP 6w7 (caught between a desire for spontaneity and a desire for security, like Jesse. Unlike Jesse, security wins)
    Gus Fring: INTP 6w5 (a cautious man, who doesn't let on with his thinking - ti. He's also pretty laid back and unflappable. He looks anal because he's a 6, not because he's a J)
    Saul Goodman: ENTP 7w6 (obvious. The 6 comes out in his new desire to live a simple life)
    Mike Ehrmantraut: ISTJ 6w5 (obvious)
    Lydia Rodarte-Quayle: ISFJ 6w5 (This character is funny because her personality is as far from Drug Lord as you can get)
    Todd Alquist: ESFJ 2w3 (This character is funny because his personality is as far from Hitman as you can get)
    Uncle Jack: ESTP 8w7 (Obvious - he's Darth Hank)
    Gale Boetticher: INTP 7w6 (Obvious)

Interesting that 6 popped up so much - seems everyone on this show is looking for some security.

Stansmith

He's a phobic Six who got a huge 3-boner a third of a way through the series. Even the most loyal, virtuous of Sixes have underlying, repressed motives and desires. They're not totally altruistic.

Senior Member Array Emotionalogic's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Hubris does not a 3 make. He's a 5 who's cancer caused him to grow in the direction of 8. Ironically, he became a psychologically healthier individual, but then he took it way too far...

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast