User Tag List

Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

Stansmith

Season 1: Phobic

Seasons 2-4: Phobic mixed with counterphobic and 3-ish disintegration

Season 5: Full-on counterphobic, plus heavy disintegration to 3

I could totally see myself acting like S1 Walt if I somehow got myself into the meth business.

Senior Member Array The Great One's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I'm not opposed to Walter as 6w5 sp/sx. I would just be interested in knowing how a counterphobic state could last that long in a phobic individual. <--stupid ass writers leaving gaping holes in the back-story like that. How about makin this believable people huh? Ha.

fwiw though...the bolded describes nearly every e1 I've ever encountered.
    Interesting. I really don't know much about the 1 confrontation method.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I don't think that Walter is a core 1 and to tell the truth, I don't even think that the character is even 1 fixed. I believe that Walter has a 9w8(sw8w7) gut fix. In the first season people would just fuck with him all the time and he would just do nothing about it because he wanted to avoid confrontation. However, when he would handle confrontation he would just absolutely "hulk-out" so to say and just explode on them completely. As the seasons progress the character gets harder and harder because is 8 wing is growing stronger in order to adapt to his dangerous, drug dealing, environment. 1 fixers are not really like this, the 1 fixers handle confrontation immediately and let people immediately know where they stand. They don't really avoid confrontation like a 9 fixer, and they certaintly don't just explode on someone out of nowhere. No Walter is a clear 6w5. The man is just way too reactive to a be a core 5w6. 5w6's withdraw under stress, and 6w5's react. Also, how can you possibly say he's not counter-phobic? He does stupid, crazy, shit all the time. Remember season 1 where he goes to visit Tuco and he throws explosives through the window to convince Tuco that he's not a pussy? Also remember season 3 where he literally goes off on the cop and tells him to "Kiss his ass" and gets arrested? Finally, remember when he goes into Skylar's workplace and picks up a plant and starts trying to bash down the window with it? That's counter-phobia at it's best. I will admit though that his second variant isn't very strong whether it is sp/sx or sp/so. I just don't see any SO in him. I think that you are right about Gus though, I agree that he's 5w6 sp/so.
    Okay fine you sold me on 6w5 matter. Sometimes I confuse 6w5 with 5w6 so doms. 6w5s are a bit more socially conscious/anxious/concerned than 5w6s and 5w6 so doms are much much more conc/anx about where they socially stand than rest of the variants. So yes 6w5 it probably is and a phobic one at first. I'm having a hard time seeing him as an sx dom and since you haven't suggested that either I think we can ignore it. What you suggested next which I failed to agree on is sp/so. Sp/sos have an unmistakeable politician vibe. They obviously care to know where they stand in a group and are extremely financially (sp) concerned in a way as to how it appears to others. Don't know whether you've noticed that? Walt does NOT have that vibe at all. (Don't drag his chemical business concerns/talks here because that's more personal hurt than any need to 'show off'.) So if he is an sp dom he is definitely an sp/sx. HOWEVER (i want you to address this point more than any other) he seems more expressive than ixtxs i've seen and imagine to be.

Riva

When I think of ixtx sp/sxs I think of characters like mystique (in the 1st three movies), blondie (the good, the bad and the ugly) and indiana jones (he's probably an sx dom?). When I mean less facially expressive I mean less excitable, animated etc especially for an introverted thinking type.

I'm beginning to think that sx doms are the hardest to spot.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    When I think of ixtx sp/sxs I think of characters like mystique (in the 1st three movies), blondie (the good, the bad and the ugly) and indiana jones (he's probably an sx dom?). When I mean less facially expressive I mean less excitable, animated etc especially for an introverted thinking type.

I'm beginning to think that sx doms are the hardest to spot.
    oooh i don't think so. not for me.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Senior Member Array The Great One's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Okay fine you sold me on 6w5 matter. Sometimes I confuse 6w5 with 5w6 so doms. 6w5s are a bit more socially conscious/anxious/concerned than 5w6s and 5w6 so doms are much much more conc/anx about where they socially stand than rest of the variants. So yes 6w5 it probably is and a phobic one at first. I'm having a hard time seeing him as an sx dom and since you haven't suggested that either I think we can ignore it. What you suggested next which I failed to agree on is sp/so. Sp/sos have an unmistakeable politician vibe. They obviously care to know where they stand in a group and are extremely financially (sp) concerned in a way as to how it appears to others. Don't know whether you've noticed that? Walt does NOT have that vibe at all. (Don't drag his chemical business concerns/talks here because that's more personal hurt than any need to 'show off'.) So if he is an sp dom he is definitely an sp/sx. HOWEVER (i want you to address this point more than any other) he seems more expressive than ixtxs i've seen and imagine to be.
    No you're mistaken. It's the so/sp types that come off like politicians, but sometimes sp/so with strong SO can come off like that too. Personally, I believe Walter to be sp/sx, not only for the reasons that I described previously pertaining to the phobia and counter-phobia, but for one other reason as well. Walter seems to have trouble interacting with people that he dislikes. Now of course, most people don't like to interact with people that they dislike, but it effects people with sx in their stack more than most. It's like the character just can't be around people that he doesn't vibe with.

The best example of this that I saw is when he was working in that lab with that professional chemist with a master's degree. The guy was proper, on point, and highly efficient. The guy was a damn good lab assistant overall. However, Walter kicked him to the curb and when the guy asked why, Walter said something to the effect of, "It's like I'm classical and you're Jazz, and classical just doesn't work well with Jazz." To me Walter was basically saying that he didn't "vibe" well with him, and this seems to be an sx thing. People who aren't sx last (depending on the degree of their sx) hate to be around people that they don't like.

It could be argued however, that the reason that he kicked him to the curb was because he fucked up that one big batch of meth by setting it to the wrong temperature. However, look at how many times Jesse fucked up, and yet Walter still keeps him around. I don't think that the fucked up batch of meth, is the reason that he fired em.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    No you're mistaken. It's the so/sp types that come off like politicians, but sometimes sp/so with strong SO can come off like that too.
    SP/SO maybe sounds a bit more professional. No arguments there.

Personally, I believe Walter to be sp/sx, not only for the reasons that I described previously pertaining to the phobia and counter-phobia, but for one other reason as well.
    No arguments here.

Walter seems to have trouble interacting with people that he dislikes. Now of course, most people don't like to interact with people that they dislike, but it effects people with sx in their stack more than most. It's like the character just can't be around people that he doesn't vibe with.
    On the contrary he seems to have no issues at all in this area. I have seen people who are worse off and WW is no where near them.

The best example of this that I saw is when he was working in that lab with that professional chemist with a master's degree. The guy was proper, on point, and highly efficient. The guy was a damn good lab assistant overall. However, Walter kicked him to the curb and when the guy asked why, Walter said something to the effect of, "It's like I'm classical and you're Jazz, and classical just doesn't work well with Jazz." To me Walter was basically saying that he didn't "vibe" well with him, and this seems to be an sx thing. People who aren't sx last (depending on the degree of their sx) hate to be around people that they don't like.
    Bad example. If i am not mistaken he was kicked out because he wanted Jesse back in the team. He was using the different vibe theory as an excuse. A way to be polite in getting him fired and to make sense of what he was doing.

It could be argued however, that the reason that he kicked him to the curb was because he fucked up that one big batch of meth by setting it to the wrong temperature. However, look at how many times Jesse fucked up, and yet Walter still keeps him around. I don't think that the fucked up batch of meth, is the reason that he fired em.
    No like I said above he kicked him off because he needed Jesse back in the team because Jesse was going to sue Hank for nearly killing him and the only way to get him to stop was to get him to work in the lab so that he would get paid again.

He didn't mess up the big batch, it was obvious he was looking for an excuse to get mad at him.

At this point I don't know whether you have a bad memory or whether you don't understand whats going on in the show or you suck at reading body language.

But thanks for all the infor regarding the variants. I learned from you.

MBTI
    ISTx

Stansmith

Huell: ENFP 7w6 or 9w1 - 9w1 or 7w6 - 2w1 Sp/Sx

Nazi Boss: ESTP 9w8 - 7w8 - 4w5 Sx/Sp

Gomez: INFJ 9w1 - 3w2 - 6w5 So/Sp

Walt Jr: ISFP 9w1 - 6w7 - 2w1 So/Sx

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Walt - INTJ 6w5