Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

Senior Member Array The Great One's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Ginkgo

Ok I'm now on season 3 and it looks like Walter is 6w5 sp/sx, not sp/so. He has these ridiculous impulses to do crazy shit all the time, but yet most of the time he wants to stay safe. These types are traits are common with the sp/sx 6, and not really that much with the sp/so 6. The sp/so 6's just want to stay safe most of the time, whereas the sp/sx 6's want to stay safe, but then have insane impulses to do crazy shit and often act upon them like Walter does. Also he seems to be much more intense and into his relationship in the 3rd season. Finally after careful review, Walter never seems to use SO EVER! I'm going with sp/sx for him.
    @Stansmith @Starry

Yeah so far I'm seeing Gus as an INFJ as well, but I think he uses strong Ti.

Intentionally Clementine Array Starry's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    @Ginkgo

Ok I'm now on season 3 and it looks like Walter is 6w5 sp/sx, not sp/so. He has these ridiculous impulses to do crazy shit all the time, but yet most of the time he wants to stay safe. These types are traits are common with the sp/sx 6, and not really that much with the sp/so 6. The sp/so 6's just want to stay safe most of the time, whereas the sp/sx 6's want to stay safe, but then have insane impulses to do crazy shit and often act upon them like Walter does. Also he seems to be much more intense and into his relationship in the 3rd season. Finally after careful review, Walter never seems to use SO EVER! I'm going with sp/sx for him.
    @Stansmith @Starry

Yeah so far I'm seeing Gus as an INFJ as well, but I think he uses strong Ti.
    I've actually never considered enneagram typings for the Breaking Bad characters, but I'm inclined to agree with you... as in I think you've probably nailed it here with regards to Walter White. My only hesitation is due to the fact I see a hell of a lot of e1 in this character as well...and since I'm not very knowledgeable as to what levels of expression can and cannot be attributed to 'fix-this' and 'fix-that'... well, that's why this post isn't full of "Zomg TOTALLY!!!" s

I don't know how often writers use enneagram theory when creating characters haha! But I do know writers frequently base their characters on people that they have known in real life. And the only reason I'm mentioning this is because it has crossed my mind...maybe the character is based on an e1 and the actor is a 6w7 like actors often are. Walter's original decision to start making meth... that behavior/action is so e1 to me I can't even tell you. Like, I've seen my IxTJ e1 sister do the same exact thing just in less significant more temporary ways. But because of e1s connection to e7...if the pressure builds and builds...they will reach the 'fuck this shit!' point. They'll think 'I have followed the rules my whole life...and now that I've totally mentally cracked...I'm going to start making crack!' <--haha no... I'm going to be completely reckless and do only for me (and loved ones if sx is in the dom or aux position.)

Since I agree with you as to sp/sx <--my only thought is that 'counterphobic episodes' could not sustain this 'fuck it' state like an unhealthy connection to e7. iow, an e6 sp/sx would be phobic...and could enter into these 'fuck it' states...but would fairly quickly revert back (I'm talking like within a couple of hours) into a phobic state and either isolate themselves...or start reaching out to the herd for reassurance. It's weird because now that I'm typing out all this nonsense haha... now I'm totally leaning 1w9 sp/sx...but this could all change for me in a few minutes or two. /head type

Stansmith

Todd: ISTP 9w1

Lydia: ESFP 6w7

Declan: ESTP 8w7

Senior Member Array pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Porcelain Hearts View Post
    I'm not going to lie, Walter pisses me off so much in this show lol but it's a fantastic series.
    lol me too. possibly even more than Skyler. and i like jesse pretty much.
    i thought Jane was INFP though? i'm still at the end of series 2 though...

Riva

I thought ww was a classic 5w6 so/sp but 6w5 make sense too, though he isn't phobic or counterphobic. So i'm still inclined to type him as an intj 5w6 so/sp (strong on the wing 6). He is quite the obvious e5w6. (Observant, data oriented, informative rather than philosophical unlike the w4 counterpart.) His anxiousness is not his driving force. Compare him to lydia who is an obvious e6 and is entirely driven on anxiety. Ww on the otherhand is driven for knowledge and his e6 makes him more observan therefore anxious than philosophical. So i'm going back to my initial typing of him to intj 5w6 so/sp. Also he is not a sp dom. He wasn't concerned about sp needs at all till he got the cancer, which made it a must for him to do so. Also I don't see sx anywhere near him. @The Great One

Riva

Ww and gus are a good duo to compare. Both are intjs but clearly different e types. Gus could also be a 5w6 with a 8w9 tritype. A 5w6-8w9-2w? Maybe? And I think he is a sp/so. He again like ww hasn't got any sx at all. He is driven by self preservation.

Senior Member Array The Great One's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I've actually never considered enneagram typings for the Breaking Bad characters, but I'm inclined to agree with you... as in I think you've probably nailed it here with regards to Walter White. My only hesitation is due to the fact I see a hell of a lot of e1 in this character as well...and since I'm not very knowledgeable as to what levels of expression can and cannot be attributed to 'fix-this' and 'fix-that'... well, that's why this post isn't full of "Zomg TOTALLY!!!" s

I don't know how often writers use enneagram theory when creating characters haha! But I do know writers frequently base their characters on people that they have known in real life. And the only reason I'm mentioning this is because it has crossed my mind...maybe the character is based on an e1 and the actor is a 6w7 like actors often are. Walter's original decision to start making meth... that behavior/action is so e1 to me I can't even tell you. Like, I've seen my IxTJ e1 sister do the same exact thing just in less significant more temporary ways. But because of e1s connection to e7...if the pressure builds and builds...they will reach the 'fuck this shit!' point. They'll think 'I have followed the rules my whole life...and now that I've totally mentally cracked...I'm going to start making crack!' <--haha no... I'm going to be completely reckless and do only for me (and loved ones if sx is in the dom or aux position.)

Since I agree with you as to sp/sx <--my only thought is that 'counterphobic episodes' could not sustain this 'fuck it' state like an unhealthy connection to e7. iow, an e6 sp/sx would be phobic...and could enter into these 'fuck it' states...but would fairly quickly revert back (I'm talking like within a couple of hours) into a phobic state and either isolate themselves...or start reaching out to the herd for reassurance. It's weird because now that I'm typing out all this nonsense haha... now I'm totally leaning 1w9 sp/sx...but this could all change for me in a few minutes or two. /head type
    I don't think that Walter is a core 1 and to tell the truth, I don't even think that the character is even 1 fixed. I believe that Walter has a 9w8(sw8w7) gut fix. In the first season people would just fuck with him all the time and he would just do nothing about it because he wanted to avoid confrontation. However, when he would handle confrontation he would just absolutely "hulk-out" so to say and just explode on them completely. As the seasons progress the character gets harder and harder because is 8 wing is growing stronger in order to adapt to his dangerous, drug dealing, environment. 1 fixers are not really like this, the 1 fixers handle confrontation immediately and let people immediately know where they stand. They don't really avoid confrontation like a 9 fixer, and they certaintly don't just explode on someone out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I thought ww was a classic 5w6 so/sp but 6w5 make sense too, though he isn't phobic or counterphobic. So i'm still inclined to type him as an intj 5w6 so/sp (strong on the wing 6). He is quite the obvious e5w6. (Observant, data oriented, informative rather than philosophical unlike the w4 counterpart.) His anxiousness is not his driving force. Compare him to lydia who is an obvious e6 and is entirely driven on anxiety. Ww on the otherhand is driven for knowledge and his e6 makes him more observan therefore anxious than philosophical. So i'm going back to my initial typing of him to intj 5w6 so/sp. Also he is not a sp dom. He wasn't concerned about sp needs at all till he got the cancer, which made it a must for him to do so. Also I don't see sx anywhere near him. @The Great One
    No Walter is a clear 6w5. The man is just way too reactive to a be a core 5w6. 5w6's withdraw under stress, and 6w5's react. Also, how can you possibly say he's not counter-phobic? He does stupid, crazy, shit all the time. Remember season 1 where he goes to visit Tuco and he throws explosives through the window to convince Tuco that he's not a pussy? Also remember season 3 where he literally goes off on the cop and tells him to "Kiss his ass" and gets arrested? Finally, remember when he goes into Skylar's workplace and picks up a plant and starts trying to bash down the window with it? That's counter-phobia at it's best. I will admit though that his second variant isn't very strong whether it is sp/sx or sp/so. I just don't see any SO in him. I think that you are right about Gus though, I agree that he's 5w6 sp/so.

Stansmith

@The Great One

I think Walt started off as predominantly phobic and then (naturally) got more Counterphobic as time went on. Dude was a huge wuss in season 1. Keep in mind that most people saw him as a pretty gentle guy before he got into the meth business.

Intentionally Clementine Array Starry's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I don't think that Walter is a core 1 and to tell the truth, I don't even think that the character is even 1 fixed. I believe that Walter has a 9w8(sw8w7) gut fix. In the first season people would just fuck with him all the time and he would just do nothing about it because he wanted to avoid confrontation. However, when he would handle confrontation he would just absolutely "hulk-out" so to say and just explode on them completely. As the seasons progress the character gets harder and harder because is 8 wing is growing stronger in order to adapt to his dangerous, drug dealing, environment. 1 fixers are not really like this, the 1 fixers handle confrontation immediately and let people immediately know where they stand. They don't really avoid confrontation like a 9 fixer, and they certaintly don't just explode on someone out of nowhere.
    I'm not opposed to Walter as 6w5 sp/sx. I would just be interested in knowing how a counterphobic state could last that long in a phobic individual. <--stupid ass writers leaving gaping holes in the back-story like that. How about makin this believable people huh? Ha.

fwiw though...the bolded describes nearly every e1 I've ever encountered.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I'm not opposed to Walter as 6w5 sp/sx. I would just be interested in knowing how a counterphobic state could last that long in a phobic individual. <--stupid ass writers leaving gaping holes in the back-story like that. How about makin this believable people huh? Ha.

fwiw though...the bolded describes nearly every e1 I've ever encountered.
    I mean, once he got his first kill it was pretty much a routine thing from then on, and even then, he never really came off as an impulsive murderer until much later in the series. Hes always planning, panicking and troubleshooting to the point of hysteria before he goes into action (until maybe season 5). 6 anxiety (like most anxiety) becomes less inhibiting with enough exposure to a specific situation.

Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast