• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Breaking Bad

solaunum

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Ok, I'm sure it's been done before. I'm interested to see what you guys have to say about these guys. Walt is difficult to type for me, since he is constantly shifting weight and acting out in different ways. I dunno, what do you have to say?

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Both Marie and Skylar are Fe doms. Marie is an ESFJ while Skylar is an ENFJ. Jesse is definitely an ESFP, Saul Goodman is probably an ExTP, Hank is an ESTP.

Romello

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
Am I the only one who thinks Lydia's ISFJ? I mean just because she deals in a violent, callous business doesn't mean she can't be of a type steryotypically applied to tame housewives and the like.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Walter - INTJ
Skyler - ENFJ
Hank - ESTP
Marie - ESFP
Jesse - ESFP
Mike - ISTJ
Gus - ENTJ
Jane - unhealthy ENFP

Romello

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
Walter - INTJ
Skyler - ENFJ
Hank - ESTP
Marie - ESFP
Jesse - ESFP
Mike - ISTJ
Gus - ENTJ
Jane - unhealthy ENFP

I agree except for the last 3. Mike is ISTP, Gus is INTJ ( the way he engages his patrons at his restaurant can more be attributed to keeping up appearances than genuine extroversion I think), and Jane is...god I hated her character so I don't wanna disgrace any type by assigning it to her...although unhealthy ISFP probably makes the most sense to me.

violett

Okay, I just finished watching the first season and even though I don't particularly intentionally watch for personality types they tend pop up into my awareness regardless....

Walter - Istj - 5w6> accessing low 8
Sklyar - Esfj - 2w1
Jesse - Esfp - ?

Haven't noticed the types of the rest of the cast yet, but I'm sure as I watch the next four seasons I will have a better idea.

violett

This is old, but, he's unarguably an INTJ.

I agree the thread and series is old. I have had very little time to watch television since I have been consumed with work and family issues for the better part of the last five years of my life.

It's nice to get a Kindle Fire for Christmas and have 5 solid days off due to the holidays to waste watching television series which I previously haven't had time to do.

I can see the argument for Walter typing as an Intj. However, the reason why I typed him Istj is due to the overall history of his life. Since most of his adult life up until his cancer diagnoses he presents as a typical responsible and dutiful suburban family man/science teacher he seemed more of an Istj. I'm not seeing any evidence of his fitting the role of the mastermind NT, outside of his intelligence with regards to science and chemistry. I would expect an Intj would have chosen a career field which would have been higher up on the academic scale or more scientifically oriented. He also had some sort of tie in with his old college schoolmate and business/academics which either has not been fully brought to light in the first season, or I missed. I question why (if he were an Intj) he would not have pursued unless he valued his family life and career as a science teacher above his personal interests and goals. Also the entire approach with which he initially decides to operate a clandestine meth lab and become involved in producing methamphetamines lacks the well thought out planning which I would expect more from an Intj.

Okay, I concede to his type as Intj since his drug alias "Heisenburg" is after theoretical physicist "Werner Karl Heisenberg (German: [ˈhaɪzənbɛɐ̯k]; 5 December 1901 – 1 February 1976) was a German theoretical physicist and one of the key pioneers of quantum mechanics. He published his work in 1925 in a breakthrough paper. In the subsequent series of papers with Max Born and Pascual Jordan, during the same year, this matrix formulation of quantum mechanics was substantially elaborated. In 1927 he published his uncertainty principle, upon which he built his philosophy and for which he is best known. Heisenberg was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics for 1932 "for the creation of quantum mechanics".[1] He also made important contributions to the theories of the hydrodynamics of turbulent flows, the atomic nucleus, ferromagnetism, cosmic rays, and subatomic particles, and he was instrumental in planning the first West German nuclear reactor at Karlsruhe, together with a research reactor in Munich, in 1957. Considerable controversy surrounds his work on atomic research during World War II.

Following World War II, he was appointed director of the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Physics, which soon thereafter was renamed the Max Planck Institute for Physics. He was director of the institute until it was moved to Munich in 1958, when it was expanded and renamed the Max Planck Institute for Physics and Astrophysics.

Heisenberg was also president of the German Research Council, chairman of the Commission for Atomic Physics, chairman of the Nuclear Physics Working Group, and president of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation."

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is an old thread but;

Walt - INTJ
Jesse - ESFP
Skylar - ISFJ
Saul - ENTP
Hank - ESTJ
Marie - ESFJ
Gus - ISTJ?
Mike - ISTP
Gale - INTP
Jane - ISFP

Mr Troll

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bs
Walt: LIE/ENTJ (restless Ej, uses Ne in crisis very well, Se hidden agenda is obvious)
Skylar: ESI/ISFP (guardian of morals, accounting)
Jesse: SEE/ESFP (impulsive)
Hank: LSE/ESTJ
Saul: ILE/ENTP (Skyler and Saul are like oil and water)
Gustav: ILI/INTJ (weird thing going on with Jesse)
Gale: LII/INTP (eccentric nerd)
Ted: SLI/ISTJ
Marie: xSFJ (can not calm down Hank)
Lydia: EIE/ENFJ (business partner with Walt with visions)
Tod: LSI/ISTP (forget the money, team player)

Very little Fe in the show. Heavily oriented towards socionics gamma quadrant. Lots of Ni/Se symbolism.

Last edited:

wool

Permabanned
Walter: INTJ
Gus: INFJ
Saul: ENTP
Jane: ISFP
Marie: INFP
Jesse: ESFP
Gale: INTP
Skylar: ENFJ

adrift

I haven't looked through this entire thread but I see a good argument for Walt being ISTJ opposed to INTJ

"I have spent my whole life scared, frightened of things that could happen, might happen, might not happen. 50 years I spent like that."
That is so extremely ISTJ over INTJ and ISTJ over any type. Preparing for danger and being very cautious of the future.

His entire life us to age 50 indicates ISTJ. After that and throughout the show does he seem to be much less conventional and more like an INTJ than an ISTJ. Yes, he does seem much less of an SJ. But his entire behavior on the show could still be thought of relating to that very ISTJ quote. Being scared that he will die soon and trying to prepare for the risk and fallout of this seemingly imminent event.

Even if it deemed that his behavior on the show is entirely INTJ which i doubt, does 50 years or 2.5 years when someone is in a continuous crises situation, truly show an indvidual's personality? I go with ISTJ and the vast majority of his life personally.

Sh*ttyKarmaKid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4/7
I haven't looked through this entire thread but I see a good argument for Walt being ISTJ opposed to INTJ

"I have spent my whole life scared, frightened of things that could happen, might happen, might not happen. 50 years I spent like that."
That is so extremely ISTJ over INTJ and ISTJ over any type. Preparing for danger and being very cautious of the future.

His entire life us to age 50 indicates ISTJ. After that and throughout the show does he seem to be much less conventional and more like an INTJ than an ISTJ. Yes, he does seem much less of an SJ. But his entire behavior on the show could still be thought of relating to that very ISTJ quote. Being scared that he will die soon and trying to prepare for the risk and fallout of this seemingly imminent event.

Even if it deemed that his behavior on the show is entirely INTJ which i doubt, does 50 years or 2.5 years when someone is in a continuous crises situation, truly show an indvidual's personality? I go with ISTJ and the vast majority of his life personally.

Nah, I thought about this too, but the reason he seemed like an ISTJ in the beginning is simply because, well, he's a middle-aged dad, that's a go-to ISTJ stereotype. Not to mention he seems to have been in a rather routine-oriented life for quite a while in the pilot, but yeah, he's not comfortable in it, not one measly bit. The reason being, he's not really an Si-Dom.

Walter White is an INTJ who has had an unfullfilled Ni, until he had a cause on which he could fully unleash it. He considers himself above the life of a common family man, he feels a failure when comparing himself to his former science colleagues, he is always looking for a higher meaning, and he gets more and more ambitious the more he lets his Ni loose, starting to act a lot more natural when compared to his mediocre life before he started making meth.

His fear of future could also be attributed to Dom-Ni/Inf-Se, he's so bent on trying to see the future he completely struggles living in the moment. However, once he learns of his condition of cancer, , he spents an awful lot of time gripping on his inferior Se function (For the record, those grips usually happen in stressful situations, and Walter's entire life was gradually ruining itself ever since getting cancer), and because of this, he lets himself be rather impulsive to live life to its fullest (Initiating sex with his wife more often, buying expensive cars, and even engaging in violence to blow off steam).

And that is the scary thing with unhealthy INTJ's, and that's why Walt is the quintessential realistic example of one. The thing being that they could be anyone around you, really. People think of INTJ's as genius super-villains or even bad-ass heroes and indestructible beings like Batman or Gandalf, but in real life, the INTJ, healthy or unhealthy, may very well be your next-door neighbour living an ordinary life and feeling low-key miserable about it. That's what's frightening about Heisenberg. He could be anyone.

Just to drive my point home, here's a quote from Walt's final confession to Skyler: " I did it for me. I liked it (Ni- Fi loop). I was good at it (Aux-Te).And I was, really... I was alive (Inf-Se)."