User Tag List

Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad

Senior Member Array Porcelain Hearts's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm not going to lie, Walter pisses me off so much in this show lol but it's a fantastic series.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Porcelain Hearts View Post
    I'm not going to lie, Walter pisses me off so much in this show lol but it's a fantastic series.
    It's funny. My father (who is, I believe, an ESTP), says this pretty much verbatim to me, except it's Jesse that constantly enrages him (for being a screw-up, or incompetent, or unable to deal with things as efficiently as Walt). I always try to remind him that Jesse is dealing with, for example,
    , but he won't have it. In fact, the biggest problem he has with Walt is his refusal to just

I wonder if there's sort of a feeler/thinker distinction in reacting to these characters. Everyone seems to understand and like at least one of the two for the most part.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Senior Member Array Porcelain Hearts's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    It's funny. My father (who is, I believe, an ESTP), says this pretty much verbatim to me, except it's Jesse that constantly enrages him (for being a screw-up, or incompetent, or unable to deal with things as efficiently as Walt). I always try to remind him that Jesse is dealing with, for example,
    , but he won't have it. In fact, the biggest problem he has with Walt is his refusal to just

I wonder if there's sort of a feeler/thinker distinction in reacting to these characters. Everyone seems to understand and like at least one of the two for the most part.
    Woa true, about Walt's redeeming characteristic. Still.. what tension and selfishness he brought upon his family, what he sought for was an easy solution, became the most threatening.
    The fact that these two characters were emotionally distant was intentional and justified, yet astonishingly they shared a mutual respect for one another.

MBTI
    ISTx

Finally, I've finished season 4 and am now current, and ready for the season 5 premiere on July 15th. This show is too good. I love the way the story is focused on an anti-hero.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I don't see any INTJs in this show.

Walter talks about chemistry in terms of complex categories (Ti, internal details, "a rich picture of its essence") rather than reaction mechanisms (Te, external behaviour, "what will it do"). He was motivated in a practical, provider-role manner by his "you're gonna die" diagnosis, not by a future Ni vision. His need for order is tertiary Si, a soothing, simplistic version of Si. When he has his rage moments they're more ENTP than any NTJ flavour.
    INTP: Ti, Ne, Si, Fe.

Gus: ISFJ - over dinner with Walter, he said that his business practices all come from personal experience and when he makes a mistake once, he learns and never makes it again. He's got a complex understanding of scary history informing his trade, not an intuitive vision of any future. He's crafted a book of rules for himself that apply across every situation (never works with drug users), which is different from an NTJ who would look at the chess board and play different strategies depending on any given context.

Jesse: ISFP
    Walter: INTP
    Hank: ESTP
    Skyler: her personality switches a lot. ISTJ? ENFJ?
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

-----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Walter talks about chemistry in terms of complex categories (Ti, internal details, "a rich picture of its essence") rather than reaction mechanisms (Te, external behaviour, "what will it do"). He was motivated in a practical, provider-role manner by his "you're gonna die" diagnosis, not by a future Ni vision. His need for order is tertiary Si, a soothing, simplistic version of Si. When he has his rage moments they're more ENTP than any NTJ flavour.
    INTP: Ti, Ne, Si, Fe.
    That's an interesting take. It's been so long since season 4 ended, I think I need to delve into a few episodes of the show before I can verify how I feel about this. I'm just pleased the show will be returning soon.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Controlled Mischief Array StephMC's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I think Walter is a really stressed out INTP in a Ti + Si loop. I think @LittleSticks had a really good "Ti+Si" INTP quote in this post.

INTP - Ti+Si - I can only be certain of facts. People and theory are so subjective and useless at times, I must distance myself from them and only spend my pursuits learning certain unquestionable knowledge. Without such knowledge I run the risk of being wrong; and I don't like being wrong, my brain is my most capable weapon and without it, the world forces me to fall prey to their inferior intellects. I can not let this happen, I am smarter than this, this will not happen.
    Minor observation: When he gets excited about explaining subjects he's interested in, like chemistry, his mannerisms seem very quintessential NTP. A lot of gestures, fluctuations of voice, etc. Granted, he is just a tv character, so minor details like that are probably worthless when typing fictional characters.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Controlled Mischief Array StephMC's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Another character I'm pretty certain of is Mike, who is an ISTP.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    Another character I'm pretty certain of is Mike, who is an ISTP.
    Can you explain? I think he seems like an ISTP too, but he's also a duty-fulfiller (ISTJ). Would an ISTJ not get into his line of work?

Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast