• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Breaking Bad

G

Ginkgo

;) <--edit: okay this thing isn't really capturing the moment for me but whateves.

ESFJ - the "provider" just took on a whole new meaning. Terrifying.

Though if he was about the extraverted feels, I would say ENFJ.

Frankly, my reasoning for him being an extravert is that he has such a consistent, direct impact on his environment; everything from his house to his people is concisely organized. In that way, he's unreal, since he's also rather self-contained and reserved. Still, he seems subtly engaged.

Starry

ESFJ - the "provider" just took on a whole new meaning. Terrifying.

Though if he was about the extraverted feels, I would say ENFJ.

Frankly, my reasoning for him being an extravert is that he has such a consistent, direct impact on his environment; everything from his house to his people is concisely organized. In that way, he's unreal, since he's also rather self-contained and reserved. Still, he seems subtly engaged.

I'm totally cracking up right now at the little dog paw in your avatar pouring something haha.

Since I'm basically a season behind I haven't read this thread in a meaningful way... whenever I do read a new post I open the thread with one eye closed (seriously) until I know it is safe ha! But yah I don't really know how people are typing Gus... you/others were thinking ExTJ? I see him as one bad ass m^*@er-f%#%in eNFJ.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Why not?

Yeah, I could see sp/sx too.

The man has no sx at all. The man isn't intense at all, and could give less of a damn about his relationship. He never does anything affectionate with his wife at all and doesn't really seem comfortable with affection at all. All the man really does is just work all the time: he works his chemistry teaching job, and he constantly is out with Jessie selling drugs and building his empire. However, at the end of the day, he never has time for his wife and could less of a shit about being with her.

Also, sp/sx types tend to have a detached and cold vibe to them, but he has more of a sp/so vibe to him. I believe him to be sp/so with weak so.

G

Ginkgo

The man has no sx at all. The man isn't intense at all, and could give less of a damn about his relationship. He never does anything affectionate with his wife at all and doesn't really seem comfortable with affection at all. All the man really does is just work all the time: he works his chemistry teaching job, and he constantly is out with Jessie selling drugs and building his empire. However, at the end of the day, he never has time for his wife and could less of a shit about being with her.

Also, sp/sx types tend to have a detached and cold vibe to them, but he has more of a sp/so vibe to him. I believe him to be sp/so with weak so.

sx isn't necessarily about comfortability affection, especially when it's a secondary instinct. My reasoning for him being sx at all is that his initial rationale for selling meth in the first place was to strengthen the stability of those who he had one on one relationships with. He leaves the broader social context to be dealt with by his lackeys.

"I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS." Has to be one of, if not the most, intense and passionate statements to be uttered in the entire show. On some level, the guy thinks he's a superstar, and he shows it when he displays aggressive power over the members of his family - forcing his son to drink - practically raping his pregnant wife - letting his pride almost blow his cover when Hank showed respect for activities that were misappropriated as Hiesenberg's work. All this points to an extremely individualized and intense way of identifying with the world, shrewd and understated though it may be. And though he doesn't know how to be a family man, he shows regret and longing when his wife goes cold on him, even when the show is over and he drops his charade. It's one of the major internal conflicts he experiences through the series.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
sx isn't necessarily about comfortability affection, especially when it's a secondary instinct. My reasoning for him being sx at all is that his initial rationale for selling meth in the first place was to strengthen the stability of those who he had one on one relationships with. He leaves the broader social context to be dealt with by his lackeys.

"I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS." Has to be one of, if not the most, intense and passionate statements to be uttered in the entire show. On some level, the guy thinks he's a superstar, and he shows it when he displays aggressive power over the members of his family - forcing his son to drink - practically raping his pregnant wife - letting his pride almost blow his cover when Hank showed respect for activities that were misappropriated as Hiesenberg's work. All this points to an extremely individualized and intense way of identifying with the world, shrewd and understated though it may be. And though he doesn't know how to be a family man, he shows regret and longing when his wife goes cold on him, even when the show is over and he drops his charade. It's one of the major internal conflicts he experiences through the series.

Sp/so also wants to provide for their family as well. What's your point?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

G

Ginkgo

I'll give your reasoning some thought. Unfortunately the show is about to come to full closure so there's not really much of a reason for me to sift through very many episodes with this theory in mind. At least we can both agree that he has clear sp tendencies.

G

Ginkgo

I'm totally cracking up right now at the little dog paw in your avatar pouring something haha.

Since I'm basically a season behind I haven't read this thread in a meaningful way... whenever I do read a new post I open the thread with one eye closed (seriously) until I know it is safe ha! But yah I don't really know how people are typing Gus... you/others were thinking ExTJ? I see him as one bad ass m^*@er-f%#%in eNFJ.
It's because he's faker than Pro Wrestling, isn't it? :p

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'll give your reasoning some thought. Unfortunately the show is about to come to full closure so there's not really much of a reason for me to sift through very many episodes with this theory in mind. At least we can both agree that he has clear sp tendencies.

He is a self pres dom. No question about it.

Starry

It's because he's faker than Pro Wrestling, isn't it? :p

haha Gingko.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh:

He was cooking at first but then started a fire because plot device. So it still stands!

I'm a big fan of Todd Damon though, so I'm rooting for him.

:laugh: haha he reminds me of him too!

S

Stansmith

haha Gingko.

xNTJs are pretty good at faking Fe. His brand of Fe feels stiff, impersonal and rehearsed, even by Fe-standards. Compare him to Hans Landa (INFJ) who actually seems like a genuinely warm, affable dude

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ive got nothin to add typology discussion yet, but was wondering if the desire to slap Skyler White everytime she's on screen ever subside?

Starry

xNTJs are pretty good at faking Fe...

Well, just to be fair...the xNFJs I know are pretty good at faking Fe too.

haha. <--I'm laughing...but what I say is hardly a joke.

Still, I should probably mention that I was just kidding with Gingko. My typing of Gus doesn't have much to do with his behavior...And everything to do with what motivates him. For example, whether you believe Walter White is ISTJ or INTJ... I can see my father (INTJ) in him so clearly. Aside from remaining mindful of his family...he willfully steps out of the emotion in order to make the best decision on what to do or how to proceed. Gus does not do this...and here is where I see those xNFJs I mention above. Gus steps into the emotion...and while he doesn't verbally communicate this you can see it on his face. He has an emotional relationship to every moment in his life...with some of those connections possessing greater significance due to his relationship to the people that inhabit those moments (I'm speaking in the present tense on purpose to illustrate how the NF, especially the NFJ, experiences time. There is no 'history.' The past is always occurring and never removed from the present or future. I'm also speaking like this so as not to give away the storyline :) ) <--This is what makes NFs 'gone bad' the most dangerous of figures.

Ive got nothin to add typology discussion yet, but was wondering if the desire to slap Skyler White everytime she's on screen ever subside?

Yah no...I don't... *sigh* I don't think that compulsion ever goes away/subsides.