User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Thread: Breaking Bad

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    Hmm. When I first read @Rasofy 's examples I thought the "bad Te dom" seemed a lot more like Skyler. Thinking back to earlier in the show though, I can remember some times when she did seem more moralistic in her controlling behaviour. My perceptions are probably more influenced by the current season, since that's what's most on my mind now. When was she ever indirect though? When she thought someone was being selfish or doing something wrong, she'd come right out and bitch at them for being selfish or doing something wrong. She was never much of a sneaky manipulator.
    She seemed totally indirect and manipulative when she did the "intervention" with Walt about his cancer treatment. In fact, the entire way in which she handled his treatment was pure ENFJ. An ENTJ would've said, "Walt, you're getting the fucking treatment, and here's why: reason 1, reason 2, reason 3." Skyler, on the other hand, tried to do all this manipulative bullshit. Drove me crazy. So indirect. And the whole time she was partaking in, as @Rasofy said of unhealthy Fe doms: "What I feel is best for me is best for you".

She and Walt would never communicate the way they do if they were both TJs.

I've been paying more attention to what she says and does than how she says and does it. Maybe the script was written with a certain type of character in mind and the actress brought a different flavour to it.
    And, in all honesty, I'm not just saying this cuz you opened up this avenue: but I've been paying a ton of attention to how she says and does what she says and does. I think that's a crucial element.

I didn't attempt to type Jane. I thought she was Ti dom after watching season 2, but later on there's a clip where she's talking about art that made me wonder about that.
    I wouldn't deny the possibility that she's an Fi dom. As you and/or others have stated, characters evolve with the needs of the show. They're not real people (not saying that real people don't evolve, too, though). I think she's pretty certainly a Ji dom, though. Would be a bit tough to change that fact about her...
    The Justice Fighter

INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Agreed.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

She seemed totally indirect and manipulative when she did the "intervention" with Walt about his cancer treatment. In fact, the entire way in which she handled his treatment was pure ENFJ. An ENTJ would've said, "Walt, you're getting the fucking treatment, and here's why: reason 1, reason 2, reason 3." Skyler, on the other hand, tried to do all this manipulative bullshit. Drove me crazy. So indirect. And the whole time she was partaking in, as @Rasofy said of unhealthy Fe doms: "What I feel is best for me is best for you".

Yeah Skyler is definitely Fe dominant, she is much more interpersonally oriented, on one of the newer episodes, Walter made a sarcastic remark about Skyler when she was preparing to tell Hank about Walter's "gambling problem", she was going to fake cry to give added effect(Fe) while Walter probably saw this as an emotionally empty act(Fi). She can put on quite a show and knows how to navigate interpersonal situations very well. Not to say a Te dom can't do the same but she has Fe oriented motivations for her actions(communal bonds and loyalties over impersonal objective framework). As for typing Walter Jr. as INTP, I guess that was just my perception, he doesn't seem fully developed enough though, but I guess IP is pretty clear.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Just watched Season 3, Episode 9 - 'Kafkaesque'.

Watching Season 3, Episode 10 - 'Fly'.

The Justice Fighter

I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

ThatGirl

I've just started watching this.

ThatGirl

Walt ISTJ in ENFP shadow

The rest who cares, dumb show. I got two episodes in.

There is no freaking way walt is an INTJ though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Walt ISTJ in ENFP shadow
    Wrong.

The rest who cares, dumb show.
    Wrong.

There is no freaking way walt is an INTJ though.
    Wrong.
    The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

ThatGirl

Wrong.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Read the thread.
    The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Wrong.
    Wrong.